Training 2019 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? You can lose it so why can’t you apply yourself and change your mindset and approach to the game.

A very simplistic perspective on your behalf. Adding the word “natural” on the start doesn’t really add to the point, it just makes your point circular (of course you can’t develop an attribute that you have defined as preexisting, but you can with application make yourself approach the game with more intensity).

It’s nearly impossible to change a persons nature

Schaches intensity has been spoken about since he was 15 so I think it’s a fair assumption it may be ingrained in him and be near impossible to change.

Liam Picken is “naturally” fearless, you cannot train someone to be like that if they aren’t. You can improve their competitiveness but you are not turning them into a bull.

Of course players can lose their ability in an area but they generally do that due to some issue/incident. Schache will never be a bloke backmen fear standing in front of.

But if you think people’s nature can be changed then more power to you mate.

Last edited:
So - if your not born brave, you can never be brave?

Where did I say the word brave? I’m fairly sure I didn’t mention that in that comment.

But to answer that no I don’t think you can make a timid footballer the bravest bloke on the field. You will never see Schache run back into a pack like Johno Brown did.

There is bravery and then there is complete disregard for ones
safety.

Last edited:

What about Jack Darling last year? Not without some hiccups sure but before he was injured early last year wasn’t he leading the Coleman and a lock for all Australian. Far cry from the guy that on numerous occassions panicked running with the flight of the ball in those finals.

I generally agree that you either have that tenacity or you don’t but confidence is a wonderful thing if you have it!

What about Jack Darling last year? Not without some hiccups sure but before he was injured early last year wasn’t he leading the Coleman and a lock for all Australian. Far cry from the guy that on numerous occassions panicked running with the flight of the ball in those finals.

I generally agree that you either have that tenacity or you don’t but confidence is a wonderful thing if you have it!
Darling has always been soft when he doesn't know whats around him. He has no issue crashing packs if he is the one doing the crashing, but when he's running into the unknown, that is where he struggles.

Dear god some of you just won’t read what I write, you are so vested in disagreeing with anything I say it’s hilarious.

Intensity is not fear.

But keep making arguments up about something I never said it’s enthralling lol

You don’t have to change a winning plan I don’t understand this line of thinking. Change it when it stops working or maybe tinker with it but don’t blow it out of the water.

Richmond didn’t and they went ok and they will play the same style again this year even with Lynch.

I couldn’t give a rats toossbag if the coaches get stuck in the same position for years they shouldn’t be changed from a system that works.

We went from a very simple, interchangeable game style and system to what????? Does anyone know now?

It was Stringwrs fault in 17
Dahlhaus in 18
Who will the 19 scapegoat be if we suck?
Woody because he is a shait full forward.:p

I feel like a few people in the media sack Schache has no intensity and for some reason it's now gospel.
Schache is a gun. He is getting there and will be a serious forward for us. Has height, good kick, reads play well and covers lots of ground. he needs more experience, something you just cannot buy off the shelf.

You can’t develop natural intensity and willingness.
check out Round 14 2018
vs N0rf
3rd qtr
3.24 minutes remaining
Crozier long kick to a pack, including The Shack, who misreads the flight and gets gets caught under the ball.
Look at the genuine fear in his reaction when he realises he may be hurt in the contest. You cannot unsee it

Dear god some of you just won’t read what I write, you are so vested in disagreeing with anything I say it’s hilarious.

Intensity is not fear.

But keep making arguments up about something I never said it’s enthralling lol

Why on earth would you say intensity is not free. Gee you write some rubbish. Instead of attacking people for not reading what you write , why don't you re-read it before posting it and if it doesn't make sense don't post it. Oh my dog!

Open Training Session:

Come down and see something rarer than Rocking Horse s**t.

Feb 13, 2019 9:09AM
[IMG='width:804px;']https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/HERO_130219OpenTraining.jpg[/IMG]
Saturday’s session will run from 8.45am to 10.30am and is FREE to attend.
Head to VU Whitten Oval this Saturday to see the Western Bulldogs hit the training track!
There’s less than a month to go until our two JLT Community Series matches against the Gold Coast Suns (Mackay) and St Kilda (Ballarat), and six weeks until our AFL campaign gets underway against Sydney at Marvel Stadium on March 23.

Saturday’s session will run from 8.45am to 10.30am and is FREE to attend.
You will be able to get autographs from your favourite players, while there will be activities for kids to be involved in.
Barkers Café will be open from 8.30am, and the Bulldogs Shop is stocked full of the new 2019 official ASICS range – with members receiving a 10 per cent discount.
And if you’re not onboard as a member already for 2019, you can renew or join on the day.

Edit: Title may have been amended from original.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-02-13/open-training-this-saturday

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would you say intensity is not free. Gee you write some rubbish. Instead of attacking people for not reading what you write , why don't you re-read it before posting it and if it doesn't make sense don't post it. Oh my dog!

Ahahhahahahahahhaha I never said intensity is not free. Serveral people tried to again put words I my mouth saying I said Schache was scared, although I will now say he isn’t the most combative player I’ve ever seen I never said he was scared.

what I did say is fairly simple to work out if you read it and think for 3 seconds without making an illiterate response trying to garner brownie points.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and read what you write first

Ps how is your dog??? Hehehehhe

Last edited:
We would they announce this three days before hand? Do they realise not everyone works 9-5 Monday-Friday? God we are a shitshow when it comes to this.

I look forward to reading reviews of the day... I would have loved to be there..

Im thinking it will be split like this

English 55% Ruck/30% FWD/ 15% Rest
Trengove 45% Ruck/45%Fwd/10% Rest

Then that other 25% FWD is when you go slightly smaller with Schache and Gowers as main 2 and a Dunkley/Bont resting fwd as a 3rd tall

Heard an interview with the williamstown coach yesterday. He said Cavarra is a Clay Smith/Liam Picken type player. Any truth to this? I had him picked as a goal sneak not a tough as guts forward. Would be a good get if he can play a similar role as those 2 guys.

As I said, not everyone works Monday-Friday...
How far in advance are these things decided? It could be that they get last minute approval from the coaches to open it to the public, which would explain why the news comes so late. If it's actually arranged weeks in advance, then yeah I agree with you about not being fair to leave it until so late

Buddy looks unlikely to play Round 1. Last year, we lost by 7 points while playing Naughton as the sole key defender.

Cordy, Morris, Adams and Trengove were all injured (Cordy suspended), while Crozier, Picken and Libba were all missing too. Played one of the weakest sides all year, and Buddy tore us apart only for us to lose by such a small margin.

Surely we are going in as favourites now, will be great if we can start the year with a win which should be the case

Last edited:
Heard an interview with the williamstown coach yesterday. He said Cavarra is a Clay Smith/Liam Picken type player. Any truth to this? I had him picked as a goal sneak not a tough as guts forward. Would be a good get if he can play a similar role as those 2 guys.

I have only seen footage of him but he appears to be both a genuine goal sneak and a hard at it defensive forward. The common consensus on draft night was that we didn't grab him out of nowhere, he was going to go within a few picks of the bid we used, he was attracting interest.

I'm looking forward to him FP combining with Bailey Dale HFF.

Im thinking it will be split like this

English 55% Ruck/30% FWD/ 15% Rest
Trengove 45% Ruck/45%Fwd/10% Rest

Then that other 25% FWD is when you go slightly smaller with Schache and Gowers as main 2 and a Dunkley/Bont resting fwd as a 3rd tall

You’re all over it mate! 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back