Portfolio el Tel's wonderful world of football kit madness.....

Remove this Banner Ad

el Tel

Debutant
Oct 24, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hi Everyone,

I've started this thread as a portfolio of things I'm thinking of and am working on, from football kits, AFL guernseys, templates, logos, advertising concepts etc so that they're all accessible in one place.

So a bit about me...

Firstly, my name is Dan. I'm a swans fan, always have been as long as I can remember. I've always loved the game, the history, the tid-bits and tall tales of past glories.

But I also follow the 'other' football, started following Leeds when Mark Viduka came across from Celtic, since then I've followed both codes equally.

And I've been tinkering with graphic design since around the same time as I started my 'soccer sojourn', I learned basics in photoshop at school, bit of web design, but graphic work was my thing. I never studied it further, though I did a little bit of part time paid work in the industry, though other things happened and I never went down the path of design as a career.

Since then, graphic design has mainly been a part time fascination with me, playing around with designs, making a couple of kits, just a bit of fun in-between work and other things. After taking a break for a few years (as well as a period of unemployment), I started making a little portfolio of some socceroos kits when the world cup qualifiers were coming to a close last year, so I put a few of them up on the old FourFourTwo forums leading up to the WC.

And finally, the name... For those who don't know 'El Tel' was Terry Venables's nickname while he was manager at Barcelona, El-Telepathy comes from the first chapter title in a great book by the late great Michael Cockerill - "Australian Soccer's Long Road To The Top", which is a top read about one of the most successful, yet unsuccessful periods in the game here.

book+reference.jpg

So that's enough about me, time to get back to some kits...

So with being a bit tied up with some other comps and real life stuff, progress on the a-league stuff is a little lacking, though should have Adelaide and Brisbane in the next week or so hopefully.

In the meantime, I've been doing a bit of practice putting my designs on player models for a better presentation, here's some i did around world cup time with a throwback socceroos 'spew' kit. Let me know what you guys think, I haven't done a lot of this type of presentation before so I'd love any advice for getting things a bit better

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png

So with being a bit tied up with some other comps and real life stuff, progress on the a-league stuff is a little lacking, though should have Adelaide and Brisbane in the next week or so hopefully.

In the meantime, I've been doing a bit of practice putting my designs on player models for a better presentation, here's some i did around world cup time with a throwback socceroos 'spew' kit. Let me know what you guys think, I haven't done a lot of this type of presentation before so I'd love any advice for getting things a bit better

View attachment 619945View attachment 619946View attachment 619947View attachment 619948View attachment 619949View attachment 619950View attachment 619951View attachment 619952

My only criticism of this is the fact Tomi Juric is wearing an Australia jersey...

My only criticism of this is the fact Tomi Juric is wearing an Australia jersey...

The only reason I can stand it is that he won us the Asian Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back