The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like those for nostalgia more than actual collecting but for other packs I’m going off the chance of getting an expensive rare card.

I’m a bit of a Pokémon nerd. I always enjoyed playing the PTCG online but could never commit to buying the cards, I’m not a collector in that sense.

My main preference was playing Pokémon Online though. Old school 6vs6 battles without the need to train them up for hours on end

I’m a bit of a Pokémon nerd. I always enjoyed playing the PTCG online but could never commit to buying the cards, I’m not a collector in that sense.

My main preference was playing Pokémon Online though. Old school 6vs6 battles without the need to train them up for hours on end
Do you play Pokemon Showdown?

series has been going downhill for a while now unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Gen 4 is good, Platinum has the best music from the whole series. HG and SS are considered the peak so far in general. Gen 5 is my least favourite.
Gen 3 is comfortably my favourite (apart from the lack of good fire types). The Pokemon in Gen 4 I genuinely hate other than Luxray, Empoleon and Lucario (outside of legendaries) and the storyline was average IMO.

They have a great opportunity in the move to the switch system however it may prove that they as a company cannot innovate.

Interesting time.

I also don't envy them. They are in charge of the biggest entertainment franchise in history and they can either keep things the same and not appeal to new audiences or they can change things and risk alienating their fanbase.

Rock meet hard place.

They have a great opportunity in the move to the switch system however it may prove that they as a company cannot innovate.

Interesting time.

I also don't envy them. They are in charge of the biggest entertainment franchise in history and they can either keep things the same and not appeal to new audiences or they can change things and risk alienating their fanbase.

Rock meet hard place.
I think many will be disappointed if they can’t get close to the graphics presented on Xenoblade Chronicles, as you say interesting times ahead
4824D0B3-FAB3-4A0B-8C84-2149D42C4D66.jpeg 1F997D68-CED0-4773-960C-932887CC84E4.jpeg

Wha? Gen 4 was average

You are wrong.

HG/SS was the culmination of everything that the Pokémon series was. It took probably the best base game (Gold/Silver), added in the extras from the third game (Crystal), had an excellent number of Pokémon (finishing with Arceus, the God of the universe), polished the mechanics to a point where they were both sensible but not overly complex, looked good, sounded good and had a tonne of replayability through the Battle Frontier.

I have some time for BW, but they needed to keep going with it. I think what they were aiming to do was to start afresh, and potentially make four generations from BW onwards that would culminate with an equivalent to HG/SS. Unfortunately the backlash against BW's pushing out of Pokémon from Gens I-IV made them reconsider, and so they pumped out BW2, a game which was actually quite good in and of itself, but suddenly had to deal with bloated, unbalanced mons and being a pure sequel. X/Y, OR/AS and now S/M have been uninspiring as a result, as they haven't learnt their lesson.

You are wrong.

HG/SS was the culmination of everything that the Pokémon series was. It took probably the best base game (Gold/Silver), added in the extras from the third game (Crystal), had an excellent number of Pokémon (finishing with Arceus, the God of the universe), polished the mechanics to a point where they were both sensible but not overly complex, looked good, sounded good and had a tonne of replayability through the Battle Frontier.

I have some time for BW, but they needed to keep going with it. I think what they were aiming to do was to start afresh, and potentially make four generations from BW onwards that would culminate with an equivalent to HG/SS. Unfortunately the backlash against BW's pushing out of Pokémon from Gens I-IV made them reconsider, and so they pumped out BW2, a game which was actually quite good in and of itself, but suddenly had to deal with bloated, unbalanced mons and being a pure sequel. X/Y, OR/AS and now S/M have been uninspiring as a result, as they haven't learnt their lesson.
How can a personal preference be wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back