State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean with an injury. Guess Maddo and Harris will open together. Just wonder what the middle order will be made up of. Fekete has 6-fa in the second dig of the FL, NSW are currently 144 runs ahead with 2 wickets left. Eamonn Vines and Ed Newman the only two to make runs in the first dig with 64 and 58 respectively, Vines has the runs at Grade level currently, 418 runs at 42 currently, with an unbeaten ton in his last game whereas Ed has struggled down there.
Newman has played the past few games for Dandenong in the 2nds.
One to keep an eye on is Seymour from Essendon. Made 70n.o, 80n.o & 90n.o in the t20 Futures 2nd xi and followed that up with back to back 100s in grade cricket.

Newman has played the past few games for Dandenong in the 2nds.
One to keep an eye on is Seymour from Essendon. Made 70n.o, 80n.o & 90n.o in the t20 Futures 2nd xi and followed that up with back to back 100s in grade cricket.
I've been keeping an eye on him. I reckon he'll get a contract next season. 751 runs is nothing to sneeze at.

What has Travis Dean done to himself, wonder who will captain that side?

We can either go with above or play both Gotch and Harper if we want to play 7 batsmen instead of 5 bowlers.

Still a reasonable side with players available but White and Patto could be a bit iffy with injuries aswell, hopefully White hamstring holds up and same with Patto and Pucovski aswell hopefully he is ok to play out the season, we cant afford to lose anymore with players out to odi also.

What has Travis Dean done to himself, wonder who will captain that side?

We can either go with above or play both Gotch and Harper if we want to play 7 batsmen instead of 5 bowlers.

Still a reasonable side with players available but White and Patto could be a bit iffy with injuries aswell, hopefully White hamstring holds up and same with Patto and Pucovski aswell hopefully he is ok to play out the season, we cant afford to lose anymore with players out to odi also.
Probably Harris

Hasn't even hit a grade 50 this season. Hell, hasn't even made 100 runs this season so far. Talented but a ways off. Vines, Harper and probably Seymour the next in line IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't no seymour but give him a game before Vines
Why? Vines has made a stack of runs the level below.He's very much the third in line for me, but Harper looks the most likely the next game of all of them.
Wasn’t sure how he was going, just saw him tonight and thought they might rush him in now he’s fit
Unlikely. We're loathe to play young guys unless they make mountains in FL/Grade cricket (like Short/Pucovski/Vines/Dean when he started did)

The second half of the shield season is pretty important, Victoria aiming to become the first state ever to take all 3 titles in 1 season I believe!
Can almost book our spot in the final if we beat Queensland at JO, with games against Tassie (JO!!!) NSW (Drummoyne) and South Australia (Karen Rolton Oval). MCG probably gets prepared for Footy pretty soon considering that there's not another game there this season.

Will Sutherland on the radar at all?
Has 9 runs in 4 digs at FL level. Is averaging 60 in Grade cricket though (largely helped by 165 against Geelong). Still isn't bowling however.

Wait, is Patto even fit for this game after his BBL injury?

It’s not really picking him as an all rounder but saying they won’t risk him as one if only 3 pace bowlers

to me, if he's not fit enough to carry the bowling load, he's doesn't play. Our batting isn't consistent enough where we can bank on making up for a cheap dismissal too.

It's certainly an interesting game selection wise. Junction always takes spin late so Holland is a must pick along with Short as a secondary spinner. Queensland probably go with something like:

Renshaw
Burns
Labuschagne
Hemphrey
Heazlett
Wildermuth
Peirson
Neser
Steketee
Swepson
Doggett

Why? Vines has made a stack of runs the level below.He's very much the third in line for me, but Harper looks the most likely the next game of all of them.

Unlikely. We're loathe to play young guys unless they make mountains in FL/Grade cricket (like Short/Pucovski/Vines/Dean when he started did)
Because Vines has not done much in his couple goes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back