News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Karl, Arden St was an appalling ground to go to as a fan, even when we won. #lolCameNinf was as dreary a team as their ground.

While the Waverley Park mausoleum remains the worst of all footy grounds, Arden St rivalled it for sheer ennui.
The ground reached its zenith when they ran greyhounds there in the 1950's. They moved away when the football club doubled their rent. Worst ground and club in history.

Last edited by a moderator:

There’s actually not too many coaches that coach attractively all of the time. Bucks was horrid until last year & so was Hardwick until 2017. Pike was horrid last year after a good 2017 & Clarke has dropped his last 4 finals at home on the G. Certain things change with coaches which is a better outcome than changing coaches for certain things.

There’s actually not too many coaches that coach attractively all of the time. Bucks was horrid until last year & so was Hardwick until 2017. Pike was horrid last year after a good 2017 & Clarke has dropped his last 4 finals at home on the G. Certain things change with coaches which is a better outcome than changing coaches for certain things.
Media thread , there is a coaching thread.

Last edited:
Just heard Jake (the Snake) Lloyd interviewed by Whately on SEN. Hopefully the station pops up a podcast of the interview.

A few things came out of it:
1 Reinforced what a humble determined young bloke Lloyd is. He wants to take his own game to a new level, particularly on intercepting.
2 He is fit and over off season surgery. Said he really enjoyed his first run around in the intra club.
3 He was genuinely enthusiastic about the kids at the Club and said part of his role was in driving them on.
4 Said there had been some small changes to the game plan but the major focus was still defence.

All in all, he was impressed as a decent honest young person. He's still only 25 so has a long way t go in his career.
If you listen to the Whately podcast for that day the interview is in there.

Huzzah! I found the link, scroll down until you hit the Whately podcast and then scroll through the interviews Jake Lloyd interview is dated 13/2/19.
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/whateley/

Last edited:
Media thread , there is a coaching thread.

Sorry Bedders. How this for some light reading for the haters.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jo...k=69c3ff431cf01c34a98697941f92ac9d-1550277101

“I am really fortunate that it’s a terrific football club. From the board, to the executive, to the staff and the playing group ... It’s a tough job being a coach, but it’s made a lot easier by the fact we’ve got good people around at all levels,”

"Swans chairman Andrew Pridham said Longmire’s remarkable record as both a player and coach “speaks for itself”.
“He is highly regarded and much respected by everyone at the Swans, and indeed, right across the AFL,” Pridham said.

I love a feel good story so I just wanted to revisit it.

Sorry Bedders. How this for some light reading for the haters.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jo...k=69c3ff431cf01c34a98697941f92ac9d-1550277101

“I am really fortunate that it’s a terrific football club. From the board, to the executive, to the staff and the playing group ... It’s a tough job being a coach, but it’s made a lot easier by the fact we’ve got good people around at all levels,”

"Swans chairman Andrew Pridham said Longmire’s remarkable record as both a player and coach “speaks for itself”.
“He is highly regarded and much respected by everyone at the Swans, and indeed, right across the AFL,” Pridham said.

I love a feel good story so I just wanted to revisit it.
Nice PR piece just as the memberships are being flogged to the masses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice PR piece just as the memberships are being flogged to the masses.

An article from July 2016 has what to do with membership...? Unless you think Ted is trying to increase membership on the Swans board?

He is just poking the bear(s).

There are many different shades of nuanced opinion about the Coach. Categorising two camps in direct unequivocal opposition is a false dichotomy.

Gee whiz is it that dark around here nowadays we can't even have a sense of humour?!

I thought it was funny Caesar :thumbsupemoji:

It was. I was not having a crack at Caesar but at the strange black/white polarities some suggest about supposed pro and anti Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back