Magic: The Gathering

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally ordered the rest of my cards to finish off my white/green cat deck. Just hope it plays well now.
Nice! Commander or 60 card?

Played a 5 seater with the new commander decks and they are all amazing.

I played Yidris and had 31 cards in my hand at one stage. The group hug guy played Collective Voyage (for 8) and ended up winning the game. Probably the best game of Commander ive sat for.

Massive standard changes as well, will have a huge impact on the game, for the better in my opinion.

Looking forward to prerelease on Friday evening, Aether Revolt looks great! Anyone else heading to an event?
I would be if i didn't have cricket all day saturday and my daughters 1st Birthday on sunday! First one i've missed since maybe Khans.

Any chance you could divulge the make up? I'm working on a G/W/R cat deck atm
1x Jareth, Leonine Titan
1x Brimaz, King of Oreskos
2x Celestial Flare
1x Ajani Steadfast
1x Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
1x Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
2x Wild Nactl
2x Mirri, Cat Warrior
1x Ajani Goldmane
1x Raksha Golden Club
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
2x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Fleecemane Lion
4x Naturalize
2x Ajani's Sunstriker
1x Jazal Goldmane
2x Rancor
1x Indrik Umbra
2x Bear Umbra
2x Luminous Wake
4x Loam Lion
1x Ajani's Chosen
2x Pacifism
3x Ajani's Mantra
2xBoar Umbra
16x Plains
10x Forest
2x Sunpetal Grove
2x Greypelt Refuge
1x Blossoming Sands

Total of 75 cards.

Thanks friend, Loam Lion and Fleecemane Lion look very useful. I recently dug up 2 Rakshas from the back of a closet so I'm building a casual deck around those, I'm a bit unfamiliar with the newer Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap.

I had this on the original XBOX. Loved it. Had no idea it came in any other form.

The things you learn. Mind blown.

It's SO good in real life, if you have good people to play with :)

It's been a year since the release of the eminence Commanders, I was reluctant to support any of them since I don't like the direction of EDH-specific legends, but after rebuilding the Inalla deck I've had a lot of fun with it. Dominaria gave her a lot more win conditions and her ability produces so much value. I'm looking at the new ones this year, I've never made a decent Jund Commander (just couldn't make Sek'kuar interesting enough) so the Windgrace deck seems the most appealing.

I have read that they will be creating MTG Arena which will basically be the current card meta in an online format.
Would be good to play, but I am worried it would be pay-to-win like Hearthstone, what I mean by that is skill only takes you so far if you don't buy enough cards, and buy them often, you get stomped by an OP deck.

I have read that they will be creating MTG Arena which will basically be the current card meta in an online format.
Would be good to play, but I am worried it would be pay-to-win like Hearthstone, what I mean by that is skill only takes you so far if you don't buy enough cards, and buy them often, you get stomped by an OP deck.
It will be exactly like Hearthstone unfortunately. Way too much money to be made.

It's been a year since the release of the eminence Commanders, I was reluctant to support any of them since I don't like the direction of EDH-specific legends, but after rebuilding the Inalla deck I've had a lot of fun with it. Dominaria gave her a lot more win conditions and her ability produces so much value. I'm looking at the new ones this year, I've never made a decent Jund Commander (just couldn't make Sek'kuar interesting enough) so the Windgrace deck seems the most appealing.

Commanders I'm currently running are the Locust God and Omnath Locus of Rage. Building Gonti Lord of Luxury at the moment.

Commanders I'm currently running are the Locust God and Omnath Locus of Rage. Building Gonti Lord of Luxury at the moment.

Omnath is loads of fun, though I do find he paints a target on me. A friend runs Gonti, I can't stand it. Especially when he gets a Conjurer's Closet and Lantern of Insight down and starts exiling my removal spells.

Omnath is loads of fun, though I do find he paints a target on me. A friend runs Gonti, I can't stand it. Especially when he gets a Conjurer's Closet and Lantern of Insight down and starts exiling my removal spells.

Gonti's fun when you make infinite mana and cast him infinite times and mill the entire table. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back