WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This version doesn't try at all. The only difference is the colour of the ring ropes.

Original brand split, for the first few years anyway, they looked and felt like different shows. Raw had a stage with the tilted rectangle titantron. SmackDown had the fist and people walking out on ground level (which I didn't like but it was a deliberate point of difference). There were differences with some camera angles and that kind of thing. Wrestlers didn't cross paths with the other brand unless it was a co-branded PPV (only four at the time) and didn't switch shows outside the draft or an exceptional storyline reason.

Now it feels like there's half a dozen wrestlers + Corey Graves who rock up on both shows because it's convenient for WWE.

I think it ends when Fox starts showing SmackDown in October.

Spot on. I for one am also hoping to see a proper spilt when SmackDown heads to FOX on fridays from October. Especially with the few days between filming. Different set, different commentary team, different writers and minimal crossovers. Preparing to be disappointed however and for them to remain totally unchanged.

Spot on. I for one am also hoping to see a proper spilt when SmackDown heads to FOX on fridays from October. Especially with the few days between filming. Different set, different commentary team, different writers and minimal crossovers. Preparing to be disappointed however and for them to remain totally unchanged.

It's tough because dual brand PPVs make the most sense now somehow. But I remember in 05 how the Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series etc felt so special because the two brands were mixing.

An important part of differentiating would be a different set for SD and RAW, which I think is a possibility.

It's tough because dual brand PPVs make the most sense now somehow. But I remember in 05 how the Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series etc felt so special because the two brands were mixing.

An important part of differentiating would be a different set for SD and RAW, which I think is a possibility.

They did try to split PPV’s. only issue was there was so many of them. 4 duel, 4 raw, 4 smack down would have been great. I think they went for 4 duel, 6 raw, 6 smack down which was too much.

They did try to split PPV’s. only issue was there was so many of them. 4 duel, 4 raw, 4 smack down would have been great. I think they went for 4 duel, 6 raw, 6 smack down which was too much.

yep, and they thought that having them split was the problem, rather than just the sheer number of them.

yep, and they thought that having them split was the problem, rather than just the sheer number of them.

If you look at the PPVs from SummerSlam 2016 (first post-brand split PPV) for the year:

SummerSlam - Raw+SD (21 Aug)
Backlash - SD (11 Sep)
Clash of Champions - Raw (25 Sep)
No Mercy - SD (9 Oct)
Hell in a Cell - Raw (30 Oct)
Survivor Series - Raw+SD (20 Nov)
TLC - SD (4 Dec)
Roadblock - Raw (18 Dec)
Royal Rumble - Raw+SD (29 Jan)
Elimination Chamber - SD (12 Feb)
Fastlane - Raw (5 Mar)
WrestleMania - Raw+SD (2 Apr)
Payback - Raw (30 Apr)
Backlash - SD (21 May)
Extreme Rules - Raw (4 Jun)
Money in the Bank - SD (18 Jun)
Great Balls of Fire - Raw (9 Jul)
Battleground - SD (23 Jul)

to SummerSlam again. That's 18 PPVs in a year. Get rid of the five themed PPVs (HIAC, TLC, EC, ER and MITB) and it becomes much more workable, given Backlash got moved up.

It’s always been a big issue for them though. Quantity does not equal quality. Vince needs to learn that less = more.
That is why NXT shits over the two main shows. When the weekly show ends, your looking forward to it the next week. With their take overs, 5-6 matches that over 90% is all quality. SD/Raw PPV about 10 matches, where 50% are just filler and drags the overall content down.

Lol Becky slapping HHH in the face the old HHH would have pedigreed her ass.

If she wants to be the man than have a match against a man.
That's the thing i think is wrong and utter bullcrap, they have it where woman like steph and Becky slap and hit men and it sets an example that its ok that woman can do that because men cant hit them back. wrong wrong, if a woman slaps or punches me id slap or punch them back.

That's the thing i think is wrong and utter bullcrap, they have it where woman like steph and Becky slap and hit men and it sets an example that its ok that woman can do that because men cant hit them back. wrong wrong, if a woman slaps or punches me id slap or punch them back.

I remember in the 1970's a woman (whom I liked a lot) were arguing and she slapped me and as a natural reaction I slapped her back. Someone called the police but nothing happened. They treated it as a domestic dispute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Kofi is Shawn Micheals. New Day split in the works?

That what I am thinking and they are Rumors that Kofi might be have a Huge Push as a Single Wrestler

Yes, because Kofi portrayed Michaels in a youtube re-enactment of a famous moment in wwe history, he's definitely splitting up the New Day.

Yes, because Kofi portrayed Michaels in a youtube re-enactment of a famous moment in wwe history, he's definitely splitting up the New Day.

I am not Basing on that I am with the Rumor that he might get a Mega Push a Single Wrestler

Has been rumours of the new day splitting up for a while. While it’s mainly been about Big E, turning on woods and Kofi, it would be a swerve if it was kofi. It’s not that much of a stretch to see it as a cryptic clue to the eventual break up of the group.

Has been rumours of the new day splitting up for a while. While it’s mainly been about Big E, turning on woods and Kofi, it would be a swerve if it was kofi. It’s not that much of a stretch to see it as a cryptic clue to the eventual break up of the group.

giving the creative team way too much credit there, in my view.

Pretty sure they've said more than once that they have no intention of ever splitting up.

I actually had this thought when they walked out for the Gauntlet match on SD.
Big E to lay the other 2 to waste.
Back to " 5 " gimmick

New Day should only break up if there's a real plan to give them all something to do like The Shield members.

They could all be main eventers if WWE stopped hiring 50-year-olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back