Prediction New Players Instrumental In A B2B And 3Peat (if we got there?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Duggan hasn't done anything to convince me he is better than about 10 blokes we have sitting in our list who aren't playing. Its pure fanboi stuff and the coaches pet scenario that keeps him getting selected the same as Masten week in and out. I swear Duggan would have to play 6+ poor games before he is even talked about getting dropped, show me why he deserves to play week in and out ?

Duggan hasn't done anything to convince me he is better than about 10 blokes we have sitting in our list who aren't playing. Its pure fanboi stuff and the coaches pet scenario that keeps him getting selected the same as Masten week in and out. I swear Duggan would have to play 6+ poor games before he is even talked about getting dropped, show me why he deserves to play week in and out ?

So who are the 10 blokes not getting games that are better than Duggan?

I can see what old mate is saying to an extent.

There's definitely over the top fanboy love for Duggan. He's a solid player, that's about it. He doesn't dominate his position and is rarely in our best players.

Ranked 23rd out of 29 ahead of Vardy, Venables, Waterman, Ah Chee, Nelson and Mcinnes in our player voting this year.

Whether that's underachieving for a first round draft pick (pick 11) or not, he's only played 4 seasons. Hopefully plenty of room for improvement.

Funnily enough, it's no surprise you're the one in here flying the flag for him Thorne, considering Fidstar said you had the biggest crush on him and gave the most votes :moustache:

Duggan reminds me alot of a guy who kept me out of playing league games, he was in the "IN" crowd and trained the house down but come game day was totally useless but looked "Hella" fancy with that left foot when he received the ball and kicked it long and high. "Pretty Boy name player" who probably walks Simmo's dog for him. Give me "hard as" mongrels that turn up and deliver!

Duggan is going alright. There are only 4 players picked ahead of him in the 2014 draft I would prefer and not many after.

Duggan lost the plot for a while there with his disposal but he seems to have sorted that out. I love the way he straight lines the footy these days.

We have Hurn and Jetta taking charge of the bulk of our transition that isn't driven by a gov or barrass intercept and typically Shepp is there too. Our junior defenders are performing their roles and learning the ropes at AFL pace. It's an ideal situation.

Duggan reminds me alot of a guy who kept me out of playing league games, he was in the "IN" crowd and trained the house down but come game day was totally useless but looked "Hella" fancy with that left foot when he received the ball and kicked it long and high. "Pretty Boy name player" who probably walks Simmo's dog for him. Give me "hard as" mongrels that turn up and deliver!
You talking about Barry Cable or was it Polly Farmer who cruelled your budding career?

You sound like the bloke in the 4ths who’s got big tickets on himself and probably is a bit too friendly with the skimpy on Thursday night despite having a wife and kids at home.

I can see what old mate is saying to an extent.

There's definitely over the top fanboy love for Duggan. He's a solid player, that's about it. He doesn't dominate his position and is rarely in our best players.

Ranked 23rd out of 29 ahead of Vardy, Venables, Waterman, Ah Chee, Nelson and Mcinnes in our player voting this year.

Whether that's underachieving for a first round draft pick (pick 11) or not, he's only played 4 seasons. Hopefully plenty of room for improvement.

Funnily enough, it's no surprise you're the one in here flying the flag for him Thorne, considering Fidstar said you had the biggest crush on him and gave the most votes :moustache:

So there’s an over the top fanboy love for him but he only ranked 23rd in our voting..........

Lol what

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the rankings (Duggan 23rd) our board voting or some third party thing? Where do our other defenders come in?

It's our board voting. How all of us have rated Duggan over the year as per Fidstars impressive thread.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ayer-of-the-year-2018-results-thread.1206289/

Defenders going by that list would be ranked

1st - Hurn
2nd - Sheppard
3rd - McGovern
4th - Barrass
5th - Cole
6h - Jetta
7th - Schofield
8th - Duggan
9th - Nelson

Hope I'm proven wrong about Duggan but I have been right about a slew of eagle shufflers over the decades not being up to it. We only have a few every year which is why we are successful but we have had periods of playing 5 or more in the best 22.

Duggan stood in front of Cox charging at him. He has put KPF's flat on their faces with bumps. Riewoldt tried to bump him and was in pain for days.

Say what you want about him but to imply he is keeping ' hard as' mongrels out is wrong.

I don't think he is amazing but soft he aint

I seriously doubt "fanboi stuff and coaches pet" gets players selected in these ultra-professional times?
Duggan's held his spot for a reason and is put there by a coach who just helped this team to a premiership. Fanboi or Manboi, you'd have to put some faith in his reason for doing so.
He hasn't set the world on fire, but has a lot of upside, potential.
You're implying that he's a spud, is holding someone else out and therefore the coaching has got it wrong. Doesn't stack up.
To suggest he is a soft pretty boy is absurd, the guys a tank, doesn't shirk a contest.
Maybe your preferred taste in males is affecting your judgement?
So what about pretty boy Shep? Pretty boy Barrass?
Duggan should improve further this season and if he doesn't and somehow slides into a permanent gig in the twos, that's footy.
But I don't think that's going to happen.

I seriously doubt "fanboi stuff and coaches pet" gets players selected in these ultra-professional times?
Duggan's held his spot for a reason and is put there by a coach who just helped this team to a premiership. Fanboi or Manboi, you'd have to put some faith in his reason for doing so.
He hasn't set the world on fire, but has a lot of upside, potential.
You're implying that he's a spud, is holding someone else out and therefore the coaching has got it wrong. Doesn't stack up.
To suggest he is a soft pretty boy is absurd, the guys a tank, doesn't shirk a contest.
Maybe your preferred taste in males is affecting your judgement?
So what about pretty boy Shep? Pretty boy Barrass?
Duggan should improve further this season and if he doesn't and somehow slides into a permanent gig in the twos, that's footy.
But I don't think that's going to happen.
We do have a fair few pretty boys no doubt, Sheppard pissed me off for about 5 years before he come good. Barrass is another but being tall he was afforded some leeway for his figjam attitude however Lamb was not. Duggan on the other hand has been given free reign with his selection and seems to be one of those insta picks like Masten was until a year ago when he got dropped...only to become an insta pic again. We have two potential stars in Oscar and Jarrod who should be given a crack.

Barrass is naturally sexy though. He doesn't work hard at it.

No homo. Just a fan.
I've got a serious suspicion that Tommythumb is not the best looking rooster and probs out of shape (no judgement) and hates anyone who is handsome and sexy. This is why he hates Duggan. Barrass is sneaky sexy and eclectic looking which is appealing. Plus tall and jacked

We do have a fair few pretty boys no doubt, Sheppard pissed me off for about 5 years before he come good. Barrass is another but being tall he was afforded some leeway for his figjam attitude however Lamb was not. Duggan on the other hand has been given free reign with his selection and seems to be one of those insta picks like Masten was until a year ago when he got dropped...only to become an insta pic again. We have two potential stars in Oscar and Jarrod who should be given a crack.
Are you suggesting we drop Duggan or Masten for Oallen or Brander?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back