80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I wish we had different grades of pennant. Pretty sure we only have one grade and it’s all +1 to +4 handicap gimps.

Worst story of sportsmanship I have heard is a player who let his opponent (who didn’t know the course) tee off in the opposite direction to where the hole is.
no, no, no.
Really?

Our local golf association has different grades of pennant. Given that all the clubs competition are country courses i guess it makes sense and makes it inclusive for anyone who wants to participate.

I think there are scratch divisions, limited handicap divisions and open divisions for all types of hackers (like myself) to play in.

I've played in the handicap sides before and it's a good opportunity to play other courses in the region, meet new people and its always a bit of fun.

Last year I had to play on my birthday, I'd been out drinking all night beforehand and to make things worse I was having serious issues with my eyesight at the time. I stumbled up to the first tee and I looked down and I was literally seeing double. Needless to say I got my arse handed to me that day :$

You don't want to know about yesterdays round. Just social golf, but yeah.
Looking at a mid 40's round off the stick after 9.
Was on the green for 2 on the Par 4 number 8.
Got a phone call which I had to take from the local council. Srs bzns. Didn't go well.
Ended up making 8.
Then another 8 on number 9. Par 3.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You don't want to know about yesterdays round. Just social golf, but yeah.
Looking at a mid 40's round off the stick after 9.
Was on the green for 2 on the Par 4 number 8.
Got a phone call which I had to take from the local council. Srs bzns. Didn't go well.
Ended up making 8.
Then another 8 on number 9. Par 3.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Ouch! This thread needs a sympathy button.
Never fear, the tide will turn!

Obviously not a round but after 2 lessons and about 8 sessions at the driving range I'm starting to hit my irons a lot higher and straighter, but still struggling a bit with distance. Drivers and hybrids also not doing too well with, but really enjoying seeing my improvement, used to only get every few shots in the air, now I'm consistently getting loft and relatively straight very playable shots.

Dont think I'm too far away from giving an easier par 3 course a shot.

Obviously not a round but after 2 lessons and about 8 sessions at the driving range I'm starting to hit my irons a lot higher and straighter, but still struggling a bit with distance. Drivers and hybrids also not doing too well with, but really enjoying seeing my improvement, used to only get every few shots in the air, now I'm consistently getting loft and relatively straight very playable shots.

Dont think I'm too far away from giving an easier par 3 course a shot.

straightness >>>> distance

32 points with 3 horrendous washes/wipes, (not sure what you southerners call it).
Trying everything with my putting now.
Have broken the grip and have bottom hand further down the grip which is helping on long putts, but geez anything at 2-8ft and I have a bad case of the yips. Wrists break and I always push it right.
aaaaarrrrggghhh!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what causes genuine tops? Gone from shootings 5-8 over, to the last two weeks where I can barely make contact with the ball and keep topping the ball very badly.

Anyone know what causes genuine tops? Gone from shootings 5-8 over, to the last two weeks where I can barely make contact with the ball and keep topping the ball very badly.

You injured?

Sounds very much like your body protecting itself

Yeah, I know I’m doing it but I can’t stop lol. I need to just beat some balls on the range.

Actually that's t true

Go out and hit 50 draws, hard turning draws followed by 50 fades, big high sliders

32 points with 3 horrendous washes/wipes, (not sure what you southerners call it).
Trying everything with my putting now.
Have broken the grip and have bottom hand further down the grip which is helping on long putts, but geez anything at 2-8ft and I have a bad case of the yips. Wrists break and I always push it right.
aaaaarrrrggghhh!!
Get a medium size round Super Soft grip put on your putter. Then grip your hands around the putter both sides at an even level around the grip. Tuck your leading arm into your side and putt. That’s how I fixed my yips for short putts. I’m left handed and I was pushing my putts as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back