Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters
I wasn’t there so was it pretty much an old school ‘welcome to Port Adelaide?’

If so, and assuming no injuries involved, I like it and is the reason why I personally want TJ as sole captain.
The very trait with Jonas that probably has stopped him being automatically named as captain. And that could actually push us into co-captaincy if we do name Jonas is his record and likelihood of future suspension.

Late report because life has been busy since immediately after the game. Have avoided seeing others’ views yet so no doubt will have missed some stuff.

The game
  • Pressure not at 100% at all times especially with tackles, as it was a scratch match. But then again it often ramped up to full intensity as competitive young men and new players with something to prove went at it.
  • Tapping the ball on volleyball-style was a big feature early and weirdly nearly every time it was used it worked, so players were moving the ball quickly without the risks attendant on taking possession. Must have been a coaching instruction as I don’t reckon it was being done later in the game.
  • The odd imbalance in performance between the two teams with the skills and positioning of the White team being way better in Q1. Minor tinkering with who was in what team after that improved the competitive balance but the Black team remained the Washington Generals.
  • It seems Houston and Johnson were missing, on top of those previously named as unavailable.
Edits
This spot left for the shamefaced corrections.
  1. PatientMental says #31 Aidyn Johnson did play
  2. NoddyHolder says Johnson played in #30, on the handout as Maggie's player Jack Elsworthy
  3. Fairly consistent feedback that Drew was much better than I gave credit for.
  4. Janus and Ford Fairlane reminded me of a great foot-race between Dougal Howard and SPP for a loose ball. May sound lame but it was quite a spectacle with Doogs just winning. pretty sure i wouldn't want to be reaching for a ball on the ground with SPP just behind me.
The players

2 Sam Powell-Pepper
Seemed to play the whole game and did so with speed, skill and at times almost brutality. Late in the game at one point burst through about 3 attempted tackles to an admiring ‘Wooh!’ from the crowd. Exciting and if a couple more years in the team and a few less incidents I reckon he’d be considered for captaincy as he leads, and he changes games.

3 Ryan Burton
Nothing of note. I was primed to see something special, anything really but if it happened I missed it.

4 Paddy Ryder
Dominant early. Kicked a bizarre hook-shot goal from about 40m. Given more on-field time than I’d have thought so that’s promising regarding injury management.

5 Matthew Broadbent
Nothing of note.

6 Steven Motlop
Sparky early without affecting the game

7 Brad Ebert
A little bit on fire. For much of the 2nd half had Tom Clurey directly assigned to him as a tagger, a contest I enjoyed.

8. Jack Strange (Port Magpies)
No cape, no spells cast. Stands out to me as the sacrificial lamb who couldn’t compete at this level.

9. Matt Appleton (Port Magpies)
I don’t know if was just me or the club was trolling the media/the AFL but this kid looked like Robbie Gray and damn me if he didn’t move like him at times.

10 Travis Boak
Played a really good game. Still has a bit of an aura of leadership around him IMO.

11 Tom Rockliff
In it a lot without much direct effect on the game.

13 Todd Marshall
Just wow! Early on 2 highly accurate goals from 40-50m out, one from the flank, one from in front. Around the same time a bouncing dribble goal from 45% which from most of other players would have been considered arse. Also late in the game a looong centimetre perfect pass to Ebo right in front of goals. Still struggles with physical contact when marking.

14 Billy Frampton
Worked to get into it but too slow at AFL level

15 Karl Amon
Was Karl Amon. Running around a lot, not much effect.

16. Cam Sutcliffe (Port Magpies)
Played OK in flashes. Of course 16 catches the eye.

17 Tom Clurey
Had fun. Played intercept defender/linkman early. Tagged Ebo most of the latter part of the game.

18 Zak Butters
Nothing of note.

19 Jack Trengove
Had a really good game IMO. Often found useful space and would have clocked up quite a few disposals. I’m unsure how much game time he got.

20 Connor Rozee
Relief, he can find the ball and disposal is good. And it’s clear he feels he belongs, which is always a relief to me at Family Day games. Like the Hoff and SPP’s first intra-club games where the reputation and experience of the players out there meant nothing and they just went for the ball.

21 Xavier Duursma
Well damning with faint praise but I’d expected more. The club’s media puff pieces made him sound as if would have torn this game apart.

23 Jack Watts
You got to see whatever Jack Watts you wanted. Skilful, highly competitive in patches. Not really doing much at others. One of a few players on the Black team (Motlop, Byrne-Jones were others) who didn’t really fire, and made that team much worse in reality than they looked on paper.

24 Mitchell Mead (Port Magpies)
Nothing of note. Of course I’d been hoping for something special from Darren’s oldest.

26 Riley Bonner
Nothing of note.

27 Joel Garner
Nothing of note.

28 Willem Drew
Nothing of note. I mean he worked hard, that was obvious. But no notable effect on the game

29 Scott Lycett
Workmanlike performance. Nothing to prove. Main task was to stay injury free and he did.

30 Jack Elsworthy (Port Magpies)
Nothing of note.

31 Simon Wong (Port Magpies)
I sort of feel there was something good to say here, his name came up in the conversations around us.

32 Dougal Howard
Can’t recall much about his game. One cry of ‘Doogs’ by the crowd that I recall.

33 Darcy Byrne-Jones
Probably controversial but a bit of a quiet and ineffectual game as I saw it. Like the ‘meh’ Maggies’ DBJ we used to see before he cracked the AFL team. I want the return of DBJ who played Pittard-style but without the nightmare moments.

34 Sam Mayes
Was giving it a crack early but I don't recall any noteworthy achievments.

36 Boyd Woodcock
Nothing of note.

37 Jake Patmore
Nothing of note.

38 Peter Ladhams
Nothing of note.

39 Justin Westhoff
Casual and cool but still effective. I think he was moved from the White to the Black team after Q1 to even things up. But not before he’d kicked a 45m goal for White which amused me because he was going to pass it closer but after a microsecond decision there was no good option just went ‘Pow!’ and kicked it himself.

40 Jarrod Lienert
Went hard for it all game, and a lot of contested stuff. A bit like SPP in that he delivered the intensity of an H&A match

41 Tom Corcoran (Port Magpies)
Nothing of note.

42 Tom Jonas
Can’t recall much about his game.

43 Sam Davidson (Port Magpies)
Nothing of note.

44 Cameron Hewett
A few good patches. I mean how vague a report is that? But I did notice him a couple of times and then to me it was like he turned invisible

45 Martin Frederick
He’s my player in the Buddy Draft and I was looking for something +ve to say. But while he gave it a crack he didn’t seem to have the speed/skills to make up for his small size.

46 Sam Gray
As with Jack Watts if you like/don’t like him you got the type of game that confirms your impression. Brave and worked hard. Goaled once (twice?) in a poor team. Kicked wide or short with another couple of opportunities.

47 Tobin Cox
Nothing of note.

48 Kai Pudney
I’m not sure if it was work-rate or skills (probably the former) that impressed me but he did pretty well. I do think he probably looked a little better than he is because he played with the dominant team.

The team list the club provided

More amused exasperation than a whinge but the team lists (see below) were more chaotic than ever. Not in numerical order so a lot of time hunting back and forth to identify players. Then the photos were a smorgasbord of options. Obviously no-one has bothered to photograph anyone and edit their photos since the draft/trade period, something you can tell by looking at the club website.
So some players in their pre-draft rep footy tops. Some unedited photos taken hurriedly on someone's phone. No photos of any of the Maggies' players.

Click on thumbnail to see full size team lists

Last edited:
Oh.... Really liked the look of Joel Garner too. Good overhead, reliable kick, and boy he has a strong physique for such a young age.

Is there potentially a reason old horses like Pittdawg, God and Troll were moved on as these young boys are now coming up to take their roles? A real shame I could see the trial. I would have been there, it’s time to stop delivering messages.

Is there potentially a reason old horses like Pittdawg, God and Troll were moved on as these young boys are now coming up to take their roles? .....
Pittard undoubtedly, I mean DBJ alone was a better Pittard. If God=Wingard then no. If Troll=Polec then no, if Hombsch yes.
... A real shame I could see the trial ......
Harsh

It looks like there's a real chance that the first three kids picked-up in the draft could play Rd1. I think that would be a first for the club. Early picks yes, but the last time we had 3 picks in the top 20 (back in 2009) Moore was the only player to debut in Rd1

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
More amused exasperation than a whinge but the team lists (see below) were more chaotic than ever. Not in numerical order so a lot of time hunting back and forth to identify players.
I printed off your names sheet on Thursday and found it more useful than the club issued one.
Armed with both I plonked myself high up in The Quinn and between trying to follow the game while simultaneously
checking who was who I ended up looking like an emu on heat.
It was my defence when saying Rozee and Burton did some nice things but was hoping for more.
Doc Feel thought i'd under valued both which was fair enough.

It's odd how we see things differently, I saw good games out of Drew and Duursma yet you felt underwhelmed.
It reminds me of the scratch match a few years ago where a few of our posters gave pedestrian rundowns
on player X who turned out not to have played at all.

On reading your post is it fair to say the OK's beat Nothing of Note.

:)

I printed off your names sheet on Thursday and found it more useful than the club issued one.
Armed with both I plonked myself high up in The Quinn and between trying to follow the game while simultaneously
checking who was who I ended up looking like an emu on heat.
It was my defence when saying Rozee and Burton did some nice things but was hoping for more.
Doc Feel thought i'd under valued both which was fair enough.

It's odd how we see things differently, I saw good games out of Drew and Duursma yet you felt underwhelmed.
It reminds me of the scratch match a few years ago where a few of our posters gave pedestrian rundowns
on player X who turned out not to have played at all.

On reading your post is it fair to say the OK's beat Nothing of Note.

:)
... It was my defence when saying Rozee and Burton did some nice things but was hoping for more. Doc Feel thought i'd under valued both which was fair enough ...
No I think you're right, especially about Burton. The thing is the unevenness of the teams made it harder to judge. Burton (Black team) did some intercept stuff in a team that mostly got pumped but nothing super exciting. Still he may have felt he'll save himself for the H&A. Rozee (White team) racked up possessions and created space easily but for me there was no one great pass or goal or whatever. Re Doctor Feel I'm expecting heat over Jack Strange.

... I saw good games out of Drew and Duursma yet you felt underwhelmed ....
Drew was OK, he always has been. But I always underestimate how well those close-in clearance players do, I leave the game saying "Didn't get much from X" then find X has had one of the most influential games that day. I'm the one that thinks Tom Mitchell has been chasing tails and finds he's had 40 possessions. At least with the red hair you can't miss Drew.
Duursma (White team) I think I said something like I wanted to be excited with what he did and like Rozee there was no one great exciting thing done. Did those two do well early because they were on the dominant White team? Or were they part of what made the White team dominant?

... On reading your post is it fair to say the OK's beat Nothing of Note ...
I know 'nothing of note' isn't what you want on your tombstone but it's not actual criticism. It more reflects that I can't watch an entire ground for 2 hours while talking to my wife and those around us. And am dealing with a pretty difficult player handout while watching a whole lot of players I've never seen before and/or are listed as someone else.

We want a tougher side.

I’m all for Tom toughening them up by any means necessary. Did the young bloke tear up or go off injured? It didn’t and won’t hurt him.

I'm disappointed he didn't go the patented Dermott Brereton pre-season head stomp.

Late report because life has been busy since immediately after the game. Have avoided seeing others’ views yet so no doubt will have missed some stuff.

The game
  • Pressure not at 100% at all times especially with tackles, as it was a scratch match. But then again it often ramped up to full intensity as competitive young men and new players with something to prove went at it.
  • Tapping the ball on volleyball-style was a big feature early and weirdly nearly every time it was used it worked, so players were moving the ball quickly without the risks attendant on taking possession. Must have been a coaching instruction as I don’t reckon it was being done later in the game.
  • The odd imbalance in performance between the two teams with the skills and positioning of the White team being way better in Q1. Minor tinkering with who was in what team after that improved the competitive balance but the Black team remained the Washington Generals.
  • It seems Houston and Johnson were missing, on top of those previously named as unavailable.
Edits
  2. NoddyHolder says Johnson played in #30, on the handout as Maggie's player Jack Elsworthy

The players

2 Sam Powell-Pepper
Seemed to play the whole game and did so with speed, skill and at times almost brutality. Late in the game at one point burst through about 3 attempted tackles to an admiring ‘Wooh!’ from the crowd. Exciting and if a couple more years in the team and a few less incidents I reckon he’d be considered for captaincy as he leads, and he changes games.

3 Ryan Burton
Nothing of note. I was primed to see something special, anything really but if it happened I missed it.

4 Paddy Ryder
Dominant early. Kicked a bizarre hook-shot goal from about 40m. Given more on-field time than I’d have thought so that’s promising regarding injury management.

5 Matthew Broadbent
Nothing of note.

6 Steven Motlop

7 Brad Ebert
A little bit on fire. For much of the 2nd half had Tom Clurey directly assigned to him as a tagger, a contest I enjoyed.

No cape, no spells cast. Stands out to me as the sacrificial lamb who couldn’t compete at this level.

I don’t know if was just me or the club was trolling the media/the AFL but this kid looked like Robbie Gray and damn me if he didn’t move like him at times.

10 Travis Boak
Played a really good game. Still has a bit of an aura of leadership around him IMO.

11 Tom Rockliff

13 Todd Marshall
Just wow! Early on 2 highly accurate goals from 40-50m out, one from the flank, one from in front. Around the same time a bouncing dribble goal from 45% which from most of other players would have been considered arse. Also late in the game a looong centimetre perfect pass to Ebo right in front of goals. Still struggles with physical contact when marking.

14 Billy Frampton

15 Karl Amon

17 Tom Clurey
Had fun. Played intercept defender/linkman early. Tagged Ebo most of the latter part of the game.

18 Zak Butters
Nothing of note.

19 Jack Trengove
Had a really good game IMO. Often found useful space and would have clocked up quite a few disposals. I’m unsure how much game time he got.

20 Connor Rozee
Relief, he can find the ball and disposal is good. And it’s clear he feels he belongs, which is always a relief to me at Family Day games. Like the Hoff and SPP’s first intra-club games where the reputation and experience of the players out there meant nothing and they just went for the ball.

21 Xavier Duursma
Well damning with faint praise but I’d expected more. The club’s media puff pieces made him sound as if would have torn this game apart.

23 Jack Watts
You got to see whatever Jack Watts you wanted. Skilful, highly competitive in patches. Not really doing much at others. One of a few players on the Black team (Motlop, Byrne-Jones were others) who didn’t really fire, and made that team much worse in reality than they looked on paper.

Nothing of note. Of course I’d been hoping for something special from Darren’s oldest.

26 Riley Bonner
Nothing of note.

27 Joel Garner
Nothing of note.

28 Willem Drew
Nothing of note. I mean he worked hard, that was obvious. But no notable effect on the game

29 Scott Lycett
Workmanlike performance. Nothing to prove. Main task was to stay injury free and he did.

Nothing of note.

I sort of feel there was something good to say here, his name came up in the conversations around us.

32 Dougal Howard
Can’t recall much about his game. One cry of ‘Doogs’ by the crowd that I recall

33 Darcy Byrne-Jones
Probably controversial but a bit of a quiet and ineffectual game as I saw it. Like the ‘meh’ Maggies’ DBJ we used to see before he cracked the AFL team. I want the return of DBJ who played Pittard-style but without the nightmare moments.

34 Sam Mayes

36 Boyd Woodcock
Nothing of note.

37 Jake Patmore
Nothing of note.

38 Peter Ladhams
Nothing of note.

39 Justin Westhoff
Casual and cool but still effective. I think he was moved from the White to the Black team after Q1 to even things up. But not before he’d kicked a 45m goal for White which amused me because he was going to pass it closer but after a microsecond decision there was no good option just went ‘Pow!’ and kicked it himself.

40 Jarrod Lienert
Went hard for it all game, and a lot of contested stuff. A bit like SPP in that he delivered the intensity of an H&A match

Nothing of note.

42 Tom Jonas

Nothing of note.

44 Cameron Hewett
A few good patches. I mean how vague a report is that? But I did notice him a couple of times and then to me it was like he turned invisible

45 Martin Frederick
He’s my player in the Buddy Draft and I was looking for something +ve to say. But while he gave it a crack he didn’t seem to have the speed/skills to make up for his small size.

46 Sam Gray
As with Jack Watts if you like/don’t like him you got the type of game that confirms your impression. Brave and worked hard. Goaled once (twice?) in a poor team. Kicked wide or short with another couple of opportunities.

47 Tobin Cox
Nothing of note.

48 Kai Pudney
I’m not sure if it was work-rate or skills (probably the former) that impressed me but he did pretty well. I do think he probably looked a little better than he is because he played with the dominant team.

More amused exasperation than a whinge but the team lists (see below) were more chaotic than ever. Not in numerical order so a lot of time hunting back and forth to identify players. Then the photos were a smorgasbord of options. Obviously no-one has bothered to photograph anyone and edit their photos since the draft/trade period, something you can tell by looking at the club website.
So some players in their pre-draft rep footy tops. Some unedited photos taken hurriedly on someone's phone. No photos of any of the Maggies' players.

Savage on Drew. Kicked a goal and had a few score assists. Racked it up in the middle on the HQ side.

As for Jack Strange. He was BOG and the best defender in the SANFL mate and that lady will hear nothing else of it.

Last edited:
.... As for Jack Strange. He was BOG and the best defender in the SANFL mate and that lady will hear nothing else of it.
I get the tongue in cheek part of that but worry there's a serious side i.e. that I've misidentified Strange. Hard given that #8 is a well known number. Smallish guy? Jeez yes, just found some info. 65k! Intriguing the club had some of the photos they couldn't be bothered putting into the player handout.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I get the tongue in cheek part of that but worry there's a serious side i.e. that I've misidentified Strange. Hard given that #8 is a well known number. Smallish guy? Jeez yes, just found some info. 65k! Intriguing the club had some of the photos they couldn't be bothered putting into the player handout.

In my footy budget from the last minor round game against Centrals at Alberton last season Jack Strange was listed as 170 cm and 65 kg.
One can only imagine how he could have survived his first training session against the likes of Bob Clayton, Wayne Broadbridge, Bruce Light, or David Granger back in the 1970's.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
In my footy budget from the last minor round game against Centrals at Alberton last season Jack Strange was listed as 170 cm and 65 kg.
One can only imagine how he could have survived his first training session against the likes of Bob Clayton, Wayne Broadbridge, Bruce Light, or David Granger back in the 1970's.

65k - too light for a water boy.

Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've been calling for Ebert to play forward for a couple of years now. Good mark. Good set shot. Has a defensive side so he can play on campaigners like Laird and make them accountable.
Agree as I have been saying that as well...Ebo can be an ordinary field kick but he is accurate kicking for goal...play to his strengths which improves our team...no brainer

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The game
Edits
  3. Fairly consistent feedback that Drew was much better than I gave credit for.

The players

2 Sam Powell-Pepper

3 Ryan Burton

4 Paddy Ryder

5 Matthew Broadbent
Nothing of note.

6 Steven Motlop

7 Brad Ebert

10 Travis Boak

11 Tom Rockliff

13 Todd Marshall

14 Billy Frampton

15 Karl Amon

17 Tom Clurey

18 Zak Butters
Nothing of note.

19 Jack Trengove

20 Connor Rozee

21 Xavier Duursma

23 Jack Watts

26 Riley Bonner
Nothing of note.

27 Joel Garner
Nothing of note.

28 Willem Drew

29 Scott Lycett

Nothing of note.

32 Dougal Howard
Can’t recall much about his game. One cry of ‘Doogs’ by the crowd that I recall

33 Darcy Byrne-Jones

34 Sam Mayes

36 Boyd Woodcock
Nothing of note.

37 Jake Patmore
Nothing of note.

38 Peter Ladhams
Nothing of note.

39 Justin Westhoff

40 Jarrod Lienert

Nothing of note.

42 Tom Jonas

Nothing of note.

44 Cameron Hewett

45 Martin Frederick

46 Sam Gray

47 Tobin Cox
Nothing of note.

48 Kai Pudney

This Sir is outstandingly depressing. On this report i can see us finishing bottom four with the greatest of ease. This club is stuffed, the only thing is is nobody is aware of it. Kind regards to kochkeithandken.

I've been calling for Ebert to play forward for a couple of years now. Good mark. Good set shot. Has a defensive side so he can play on campaigners like Laird and make them accountable.

This has been a well known trait of Ebert’s for years. Kinda disappointing it’s taken until 2019 for the penny to drop in the coaches’ box

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
This Sir is outstandingly depressing. On this report i can see us finishing bottom four with the greatest of ease. This club is stuffed, the only thing is is nobody is aware of it. Kind regards to kochkeithandken.
My bold
An article in the Age quoting Chris Pelchen
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-west-coast-are-seventh-20190215-p50y21.html

One of the architects of Port Adelaide's first AFL premiership and Hawthorn's recent golden era, Pelchen believes with teams expected to improve rapidly around them this year, the Eagles will be under a lot of pressure to maintain their foothold in the upper echelon of the ladder.
He has Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood, Adelaide, GWS and Essendon all overtaking West Coast in 2019.
On us he says
Will the real Port Adelaide, please stand-up? Their best football is wonderful ... their worst absolutely deplorable. The gap between the two was simply too great in 2018. The Power need to find a standard of consistency to compete with the best teams in the competition. Robbie Gray, Tom Jonas, Paddy Ryder and Ollie Wines are elite players but their bottom group of six to seven players hasn't shown enough to take them to the next level. The additions of Scott Lycett and Ryan Burton provide important support to their taller players but the loss of Chad Wingard and Jared Polec will require the likes of Sam Powell-Pepper, Kane Farrell and Riley Bonner to take their game to a higher level. Questions still remain over Port Adelaide – if they leave it to the same players to carry the workload then their season is going to fade very quickly.
Movement from 2018 rankings: down six spots (6th)
Three-year projected list ranking (2022): 16th

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-west-coast-are-seventh-20190215-p50y21.html

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My bold
An article in the Age quoting Chris Pelchen

One of the architects of Port Adelaide's first AFL premiership and Hawthorn's recent golden era, Pelchen believes with teams expected to improve rapidly around them this year, the Eagles will be under a lot of pressure to maintain their foothold in the upper echelon of the ladder.
He has Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood, Adelaide, GWS and Essendon all overtaking West Coast in 2019.
On us he says
Will the real Port Adelaide, please stand-up? Their best football is wonderful ... their worst absolutely deplorable. The gap between the two was simply too great in 2018. The Power need to find a standard of consistency to compete with the best teams in the competition. Robbie Gray, Tom Jonas, Paddy Ryder and Ollie Wines are elite players but their bottom group of six to seven players hasn't shown enough to take them to the next level. The additions of Scott Lycett and Ryan Burton provide important support to their taller players but the loss of Chad Wingard and Jared Polec will require the likes of Sam Powell-Pepper, Kane Farrell and Riley Bonner to take their game to a higher level. Questions still remain over Port Adelaide – if they leave it to the same players to carry the workload then their season is going to fade very quickly.
Movement from 2018 rankings: down six spots (6th)
Three-year projected list ranking (2022): 16th

From his article from last year.....
11. WEST COAST

Holes are emerging in their list so success in the short term will depend on their young midfield's ability to cover the loss of retiring champions Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell. The retirements of Drew Petrie and Sam Butler will also have a big impact. West Coast should feel confident that draftees Jarrod Brander and Oscar Allen are talented key-position players while their decision to trade out of the much-anticipated 2018 draft will be widely speculated upon – especially as the quality of that draft pool becomes more evident.

Summary: While West Coast will aim to replicate their 2017 performance with another finals finish, it's more likely that nine-12 finishes await them in the next two to three years.
He also had Collingwood at 10th

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
His article sortta doesn't depress me yet, maybe by the law of averages he'll get it right this time.
My defence mechanism is numbness. Expecting to under achieve this year but hoping not to.

Is this clown really saying our list will be 16th in 2022? When guys like Hayes, Wines, Mayes, Powell-Pepper, Farrell, Drew, Atley, Marshall, Howard, Lienert, Clurey, Bonner, Burton, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Byrne-Jones will all be in their prime of 22-27, supplemented by the likes of Jackson Mead and Taj Schofield?

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is this clown really saying our list will be 16th in 2022? When guys like Hayes, Wines, Mayes, Powell-Pepper, Farrell, Drew, Atley, Marshall, Howard, Lienert, Clurey, Bonner, Burton, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Byrne-Jones will all be in their prime of 22-27, supplemented by the likes of Jackson Mead and Taj Schofield?

The whole concept of ranking a list 3 years from now just seems completely pointless.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Houston too. 16th in 2022 is madness, half of these guys are already Best 22 for 2019 and the other half are banging down the door.

Back