Multiplat Phar Lap: Horse Racing Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Details are scant at this stage despite the release coming on 22 March. Appears to be PS4 only. (EDIT: It's multiplat but there are no Xbox One listings online) My expectations are low but we haven't had a console horse racing game since Melbourne Cup Challenge in 2006 so it should be a bit of fun at least. The Phar Lap license must have been cheap - reminds me of Don Bradman Cricket

https://www.amazon.com.au/Phar-Lap-Racing-Challenge-PlayStation/dp/B07GDK7VRL

Fully immerse yourself in the world of thoroughbred horse racing. Take on the roles of owner, trainer, breeder, jockey and punter. Care, train, ride, race and bet on your horse. Play one of three different modes - Career Mode, Jockey Mode, or Betting Party.
  • 20+ photo realistic tracks from around the world
  • Local, regional and international tracks in all territories
  • Multiple weather variations for each track

kSdUej5.png

Pik Pok...Aren't they a mobile games company?

Yeah. They've never published a console game, which doesn't augur well, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see gameplay.

They're a subsidiary of Sidhe who I recognise for I think developing some rugby games in the mid-00s

Super excited for a horse racing game as i've been trawling the internet trying to my hands on a G1 Jockey or Melb Cup Challenge for when i get the urge! Surely it's gameplay should be relatively easy to replicate so look forawrd to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Gallop Racer on PS1.

Haven't played a horse sim since. Potentially interested in this. Is there any other Horse Racing games that are as fun as Gallop Racer was?

G1 jockey on PS2 was great. I think there was a follow up which was pretty similar, maybe just G1 jockey II or something where they tried to add track work etc but it was pretty pointless and you were better off just racing.

Super excited for a horse racing game as i've been trawling the internet trying to my hands on a G1 Jockey or Melb Cup Challenge for when i get the urge! Surely it's gameplay should be relatively easy to replicate so look forawrd to it.
Did you happen to find a copy of Melb Cup Challenge?

G1 jockey on PS2 was great. I think there was a follow up which was pretty similar, maybe just G1 jockey II or something where they tried to add track work etc but it was pretty pointless and you were better off just racing.

G1 Jockey was awesome apart from the crappy story mode that came with it.
It was fun trying to lead all the way in a Melbourne Cup race :)

EB's Website, its $50

The Ride of Your Life!!
  • Cinematic Graphics: Showcase realistic horses and capture the action of the race with motion-captured animations
  • Online Racing: lets you run in real time alongside other Players
  • Career – Story Mode: Experience the thrill and thunder of racing with the pride and prestige of building your own stable of champions. Make history and build a brighter future
  • Place Bets: Alongside with your mates and watch the Race playout
  • Horse Creator: Create your own Horse, customise and share with other users on COMMUNITY and Download Community Created Horses

a5514550095047a7961194b3100341df_l.jpg

1ef458be12df42b49887abb73df49e80_l.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back