How many from Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Looking at a lot of teams and Carlton seems to be the most popular choice. As they only won 2 games last year I think they are being over-represented.

Cripps
Setterfield

These two are in a lot of teams. No doubt Cripps is going to score big but is it worth picking another premium to fit a Walsh or Gibbons in. Setterfield appears to be a lock in most teams and probably will be in mine.

Then there's;

Walsh
Simpson
Gibbons
Stocker

These all seem like pretty decent bets but if you have Cripps and Setterfield it might be pushing it to go any deeper on Carlton given their record

What do people think?

Cripps - career peak price, plays for worst side since Fitzroy, not really a C/VC option next to Grundy/Gawn/Danger/Fyfe/Dusty/Kelly in my team. Pass.

Walsh - has been worded up as a gun player, still don't see the point in starting him. Would rather a 117k/123k any day over a 200k rookie. Pass.

Gibbons - lock.

Setterfield - placeholding F5, but if form permits will be locked in my side.

Stocker - reportedly little in the tank, so expecting him to be either eased in to the season or in and out of the seniors. Pass for now.

Simpson - age is just a number. AFL is physical, and Kade is the ultimate endurance beast. Hard to consider at his price though. Pass for now.

Looking at a lot of teams and Carlton seems to be the most popular choice. As they only won 2 games last year I think they are being over-represented.

Cripps
Setterfield

These two are in a lot of teams. No doubt Cripps is going to score big but is it worth picking another premium to fit a Walsh or Gibbons in. Setterfield appears to be a lock in most teams and probably will be in mine.

Then there's;

Walsh
Simpson
Gibbons
Stocker

These all seem like pretty decent bets but if you have Cripps and Setterfield it might be pushing it to go any deeper on Carlton given their record

What do people think?

Cripps

Rookie discussion is just white noise

Defenders like Simpson don't suffer for being in a side lower down. Tooth length maybe. Cripps has proven he can score at SP-ish levels in a side with a smaller share of the 3,300.
Being in a developing side should mean opportunity for the rookies. If those mentioned are getting games, they should see some midfield time and score ok.
Hard to say, but think Walsh won't work out at the price.Big on contested footy, no? Can't see him winning a lot of that against more mature players, cash gen likely not flash.
Cripps yes, Simpson no (age), Setterfield definitely if ready to go, of the others Walsh no, others wait and see. Kreuzer no (durability not there other than 2017).

So a bloke who scored 151, 143, 152, 187, 156 & 173 last year is not a C/VC option you say :think:

Not in my side. I think he's priced too high, and I feel like my hand is forced with Grundy / Gawn / Danger already. The rest of my picks I think can improve on their averages, where as Cripps goes backwards IMO. Some people will have him factored in as a VC/C option, but I'd assume those people aren't running Gawndy in the ruck.

Can see Cripps being available for 550-575k around his bye too, nice discount when you consider that the latter end of the season is his prime time. Here are his splits -

1st - 111 (first 11)
2nd - 126.9 (last 11)

1st - 97 (first 10)
2nd - 111 (last 4) ignored the score of 25 due to injury

1st - 101 (first 11)
2nd - 114.8 (last 10)

So far I've got Cripps, Setterfield and Gibbons in my starting team.
Setterfield and Gibbons will be hard to turn down if they are playing round 1.
I'm not that keen on Walsh because of price unless I find I can't get enough cheaper rookies in the midfield.

I don't think it matters how many rookies you take from Carlton as long as they are playing.
Cripps and Simpson will be in consideration at some point for most players.

Personally, I only have Gibbons & Setterfield atm, but I can see value in Cripps (Obviously) and Walsh to an extent. I think there is better value in the backs than starting Simmo and Stocker is looking doubtful for the early part of the season anyway.

I believe you could realistically go all of the first four without issue, maybe just throw Setterfield up forward so they aren't all in the same line. By the time the bye rounds come, you may be ready to trade the 3 rookie priced guys anyway.

Good luck!

Carlton one of those clubs seemingly supercoach relevant regardless of on-field performance.

They were 16th in 2017 and still had the #1 Ruck and Defender. They had 3 players average over 100 last year; Richmond on the other hand had 1.

I'll load up on Carlton players before St. Kilda, Gold Coast or even North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton one of those clubs seemingly supercoach relevant regardless of on-field performance.

They were 16th in 2017 and still had the #1 Ruck and Defender. They had 3 players average over 100 last year; Richmond on the other hand had 1.

I'll load up on Carlton players before St. Kilda, Gold Coast or even North Melbourne.
So the question is - What the * do they do with the ball all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back