No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of Bowie's great songs.
The Freddie Mercury tribute concert.
I just realised on second look it was Mick Ronson, one of the great guitarists.
Sadly, Ronson passed away the next year.

Last edited:
Good front page headline in The Herald-Sun.
"Birthday Bash" - Mokbel.
The paper also says the "Western United" new Melbourne soccer team plans a "self-funded" stadium and "Centre of Excellence". :) giphy (4).gif

Last edited:
The news report says Tony Mokbel's health is improving.
Whether he pulls through or not, he has an extended network.
The two lads who committed the assault would be marked.
Crime doesn't pay.

Good front page headline in The Herald-Sun.
"Birthday Bash" - Mokbel.
The paper also says the "Western United" new Melbourne soccer team plans a "self-funded" stadium and "Centre of Excellence". :)View attachment 618749
The news report says Tony Mokbel's health is improving.
Whether he pulls through or not, he has an extended network.
The two lads who committed the assault would be marked.
Crime doesn't pay.
as Tony is recovering and was lipreading this...he could be forgiven for thinking it's "Show me the Body"...

I used to do court reporting and covered cases like the cocaine lawyer, Andrew Fraser.
The mafia can wait 10-15 years, like they did in the U.S., to get revenge.
They executed the Boston Irish-American mob boss Whitey Bulger in prison, he had informed against them.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/us/who-killed-whitey-bulger.html

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lids, Wallace, Bling, Meyer...what could go wrong ??? (one out of 4 ain't bad...)

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...4/news-story/317da4b8b92b77d277b2506331b5801d

b16efab56d231689b01a6a7257918636

Terry Wallace with his first three top Richmond draft picks in 2004 … after turning down the Hawthorn job.Source:News Corp Australia

Triple premiership Hawk Terry Wallace believes the Hawthorn coaching job “would’ve been mine” in 2004 — not Alastair Clarkson’s — if he hadn’t have taken the Richmond position instead.
After Peter Schwab stepped down as Hawks coach in July 2004, experienced campaigners Wallace, Gary Ayres and Rodney Eade were near the top of the club’s wishlist.
Several other assistant coaches, including Clarkson, were only interviewed after the club had made initially contacted with the aforementioned trio.
Every game of every round of the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season LIVE with no ad-breaks during play. SIGN UP NOW!
Wallace was interviewed by the Hawks’ full 10-man board in early August 2004, but accepted the Tigers’ role less than a week later. A few weeks later, Clarkson was announced as the Hawks’ new coach.
Wallace would be sacked as Richmond coach in mid-2009. Clarkson, now, has four premierships to his name and is on the verge of his 15th straight season as Hawks coach.
Speaking on SEN radio on Thursday, Wallace, who was the first big-name coach the Hawks interviewed after Schwab’s dismissal, was adamant he was Hawthorn’s top priority.
“I believed in my heart of hearts if I had determined to take the position, it would’ve been mine,” he told SEN Afternoons.
ecc23054f950e2bedddc009e8b4d0fc9

Some Hawks fans made their choice for Terry Wallace to be the next coach in 2004.Source:News Corp Australia
He later added: “I believe I had the front-running of that group and I was asked the question as to whether I would coach them.
“From that point of view, they had to go back to the drawing board and took some time to work out where they were going and to get the right man for the job and that was absolutely ‘Clarko’ at that stage.”
Get the ultimate AFL experience on your phone with the FOX FOOTY App. Download it NOW for FREE on iOS and Android!
Wallace said there were a variety of reasons why he didn’t take the Hawthorn gig. He claimed he was already “a long way down the track” with Richmond after having, he said, 11 to 12 interviews, while he was also hesitant after a messy exit from the club as a player in the 1980s and his son’s then-progression through draft ranks.
“It was almost a little confusing when that came into play because I hadn’t sort of factored them into my thoughts at that stage,” he said.
“The major reason though was I had a son at the time who was coming through the system who I would’ve been in the position where I would’ve had to make the call on his career (under the father/son rule) and I thought as a parent, that was untenable.”
Asked if taking the Hawks role would’ve meant Clarkson’s legendary reign mightn’t have happened, Wallace said: “It’s an amazing thing, isn’t it?”

v2

Lids, Wallace, Bling, Meyer...what could go wrong ??? (one out of 4 ain't bad...)

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...4/news-story/317da4b8b92b77d277b2506331b5801d

b16efab56d231689b01a6a7257918636

Terry Wallace with his first three top Richmond draft picks in 2004 … after turning down the Hawthorn job.Source:News Corp Australia

Triple premiership Hawk Terry Wallace believes the Hawthorn coaching job “would’ve been mine” in 2004 — not Alastair Clarkson’s — if he hadn’t have taken the Richmond position instead.
After Peter Schwab stepped down as Hawks coach in July 2004, experienced campaigners Wallace, Gary Ayres and Rodney Eade were near the top of the club’s wishlist.
Several other assistant coaches, including Clarkson, were only interviewed after the club had made initially contacted with the aforementioned trio.
Every game of every round of the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season LIVE with no ad-breaks during play. SIGN UP NOW!
Wallace was interviewed by the Hawks’ full 10-man board in early August 2004, but accepted the Tigers’ role less than a week later. A few weeks later, Clarkson was announced as the Hawks’ new coach.
Wallace would be sacked as Richmond coach in mid-2009. Clarkson, now, has four premierships to his name and is on the verge of his 15th straight season as Hawks coach.
Speaking on SEN radio on Thursday, Wallace, who was the first big-name coach the Hawks interviewed after Schwab’s dismissal, was adamant he was Hawthorn’s top priority.
“I believed in my heart of hearts if I had determined to take the position, it would’ve been mine,” he told SEN Afternoons.
ecc23054f950e2bedddc009e8b4d0fc9

Some Hawks fans made their choice for Terry Wallace to be the next coach in 2004.Source:News Corp Australia
He later added: “I believe I had the front-running of that group and I was asked the question as to whether I would coach them.
“From that point of view, they had to go back to the drawing board and took some time to work out where they were going and to get the right man for the job and that was absolutely ‘Clarko’ at that stage.”
Get the ultimate AFL experience on your phone with the FOX FOOTY App. Download it NOW for FREE on iOS and Android!
Wallace said there were a variety of reasons why he didn’t take the Hawthorn gig. He claimed he was already “a long way down the track” with Richmond after having, he said, 11 to 12 interviews, while he was also hesitant after a messy exit from the club as a player in the 1980s and his son’s then-progression through draft ranks.
“It was almost a little confusing when that came into play because I hadn’t sort of factored them into my thoughts at that stage,” he said.
“The major reason though was I had a son at the time who was coming through the system who I would’ve been in the position where I would’ve had to make the call on his career (under the father/son rule) and I thought as a parent, that was untenable.”
Asked if taking the Hawks role would’ve meant Clarkson’s legendary reign mightn’t have happened, Wallace said: “It’s an amazing thing, isn’t it?”

v2
TW responsible for so much good footy (stories!) ....

Plough would have been involved in seven premierships.
Sliding doors, as Damian Barrett would agree.
Luke Beveridge's favourite journalist.

Human beings do stupid things.
I saw enough when I did court reporting.
But the assault on Tony Mokbel is one of the dumbest things I have seen.
I presume Mokbel, and his extended family, would be wealthy, like the Ibrahims in Sydney.
They could easily pay to have anything done.

Last edited:
Human beings do stupid things.
I saw enough when I did court reporting.
But the assault on Tony Mokbel is one of the dumbest things I have seen.
I presume Mokbel, and his extended family, would be wealthy, like the Ibrahims in Sydney.
They could easily pay to have anything done.

Agree very stupid thing to do , those 2 blokes will be dead soon .

Mick Gatto is really the last man left standing of the Underbelly era.
I just don't understand why young men would risk their lives by bashing Mokbel.
When the mafia caught up with Whitey Bulger in prison, they bashed him so badly his eyeballs fell out.

holy guacamole...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/01/190129081919.htm

now with this, you don't have to have speech impediment to use, you could just use it to speak French, Japanese, Swahili...whatever, when you travel...

Except if it's hooked up to my brain....it could be mighty embarassing as it would be stuck on a loop...Blow me, blow me, blow me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back