WWE WrestleMania 35 - Monday 8th April 2018, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

cut.gif

Tough to call the card at this stage. On one hand, maybe a good thing because it’s unpredictable but on the other hand, you need to build and having two PPVs between RR and WM definitely muddy the waters a bit IMO.

On the other hand, it's nice not knowing what they're doing. Sometimes the whole Mania card is mapped out by now. At least there's a little surprise this year.

we don't know what they're doing, and neither do they ;)

Bingo. I think it’s more the fact the only matches that look to have been tied up a while ago were-:

Brock vs Seth
Ronda vs Charlotte and/or Becky
Miz vs Shane

The rest is all up in the air. Which yes, will make it unpredictable but hopefully still has some substance.

Tag titles, IC, US title have been thrown around multiple champs of late and Asuka has no clear contender for her title. Doesn’t appear to be any blood feuds brewing. And no, I don’t want to see Braun vs Corbin again and no one cares about Mandy Rose vs Naomi. (Well I do care about Mandy rose)

Bayley and Sasha Banks will defend the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship at NXT TakeOver: New York as putting the new title on the preshow would look bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only time he wasn't was Super Show-Down when Vince couldn't be bothered travelling to Australia.

Survivor Series against Ali was on the main card. Even got a highlight package. Match ended with 'this is awesome' and '205' chants. I thought it was the arrival of Murphy and the division as a whole. Since then it's been all pre-shows. The one at TLC hurt the most. Murphy and Cedric in another great match between those two and it was the worst match of the calendar year between the teams of Mahal and Fox against Truth and Carmella that opened the PPV. Outrageous.

Bayley and Sasha Banks will defend the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship at NXT TakeOver: New York as putting the new title on the preshow would look bad.

against who, since it appears they're doing Shayna vs Bianca vs Io vs Kairi for the NXT Women's Title

Survivor Series against Ali was on the main card. Even got a highlight package. Match ended with 'this is awesome' and '205' chants. I thought it was the arrival of Murphy and the division as a whole. Since then it's been all pre-shows. The one at TLC hurt the most. Murphy and Cedric in another great match between those two and it was the worst match of the calendar year between the teams of Mahal and Fox against Truth and Carmella that opened the PPV. Outrageous.

Cruserweights can put ot the Best Matches but like in WCW just seen as Something to Kill Time on Big Shows

Cruserweights can put ot the Best Matches but like in WCW just seen as Something to Kill Time on Big Shows

The cruiserweights were the best thing on Nitro. Would generally open the show. They would have 20min+ matches at times. Konnan, Kidman, Rey, Eddie, Malenko, Jericho, juventude ect a lot of talent. Usually involved decent storyline’s and angles. The only thing was they were never pushed to leave the division to become bigger main event stars as 1. They were too good, in said position so why ruin a good thing? 2. The bigger wrestlers such as Goldberg, Nash, Hogan ego’s didn’t want to fight smaller guys, probably out of concern for being outclassed and out manoeuvred. Usually with the excuse it doesn’t look believable if I’m beaten by a midget. You can understand why Eddie, Jericho, Malenko and some others left, as there was nothing more for them to do, as they weren’t going to be developed any further.

So the cruiserweights were a big part in WCW, as they were featured prominently. The issue was that the wrestlers themselves were not encouraged to be anything other than cruiserweights, despite their talent.

The cruiserweights were the best thing on Nitro. Would generally open the show. They would have 20min+ matches at times. Konnan, Kidman, Rey, Eddie, Malenko, Jericho, juventude ect a lot of talent. Usually involved decent storyline’s and angles. The only thing was they were never pushed to leave the division to become bigger main event stars as 1. They were too good, in said position so why ruin a good thing? 2. The bigger wrestlers such as Goldberg, Nash, Hogan ego’s didn’t want to fight smaller guys, probably out of concern for being outclassed and out manoeuvred. Usually with the excuse it doesn’t look believable if I’m beaten by a midget. You can understand why Eddie, Jericho, Malenko and some others left, as there was nothing more for them to do, as they weren’t going to be developed any further.

So the cruiserweights were a big part in WCW, as they were featured prominently. The issue was that the wrestlers themselves were not encouraged to be anything other than cruiserweights, despite their talent.
They where the Most Watchable Matches in WCW loved watching them but as you say those Wrestlers never got Pushes they they did Deserve

I still firmly believe that if you let Mysterio face Murphy at Mania on the main card it will do a hell of a lot of good for the division. It practically writes itself since Buddy has been saying he is the greatest cruiserweight of all time, but that title has usually been reserved for Rey. Not only does it make it story sense, but it would be a hell of match, and considering how unstoppable Murphy has been booked as champion it would make for quite an exciting bout between the two result wise.

Here’s what I reckon we will see for the card:

- Rousey (c) vs Lynch vs Flair (Raw Women’s)
- Lesnar (c) vs Rollins (Universal, No DQ)
- Bryan (c) vs Kingston (WWE Title)
- Balor (c) vs Owens (Intercontinental Title)
- Styles vs Orton
- Triple H vs Batista
- Miz vs Shane
- Corbin, Lashley & McIntyre vs Strowman, Ambrose & Reigns
- Bayley & Banks (c) vs The Bellas (Women’s Tag Titles)
- Usos (c) vs Nakamura & Rusev (SD Tag Titles)
- Truth (c) vs Hardy vs Ali vs Joe vs Andrade vs Mysterio (US Title, Ladder)
- Some sort of multiwoman match for Asukas SD Women’s Title

Pre-show:
- Murphy (c) vs Carrillo (CW Title)
- Multi team match for the Raw Tag Titles
- The 'Dre
- Womens Battle Royal

No idea about what would happen with Cena, Undertaker or Angle (all are allegedly meant to have matches) but you can only fit so many matches on the card. Probably have Cena and Angle in the six man tag if it’s not announced that Reigns is returning.

Here’s what I reckon we will see for the card:

- Rousey (c) vs Lynch vs Flair (Raw Women’s)
- Lesnar (c) vs Rollins (Universal, No DQ)
- Bryan (c) vs Kingston (WWE Title)
- Balor (c) vs Owens (Intercontinental Title)
- Styles vs Orton
- Triple H vs Batista
- Miz vs Shane
- Corbin, Lashley & McIntyre vs Strowman, Ambrose & Reigns
- Bayley & Banks (c) vs The Bellas (Women’s Tag Titles)
- Usos (c) vs Nakamura & Rusev (SD Tag Titles)
- Truth (c) vs Hardy vs Ali vs Joe vs Andrade vs Mysterio (US Title, Ladder)
- Some sort of multiwoman match for Asukas SD Women’s Title

Pre-show:
- Murphy (c) vs Carrillo (CW Title)
- Multi team match for the Raw Tag Titles
- The 'Dre
- Womens Battle Royal

No idea about what would happen with Cena, Undertaker or Angle (all are allegedly meant to have matches) but you can only fit so many matches on the card. Probably have Cena and Angle in the six man tag if it’s not announced that Reigns is returning.

I don't mind that card, but jeez that's a lot of matches on a single night. The ladder match excites me the most.

Miz vs. Shane is yuck.

I don't mind that card, but jeez that's a lot of matches on a single night. The ladder match excites me the most.

Miz vs. Shane is yuck.

Indeed - can’t see much of a way of condensing the card though. Miz vs Shane is yuck in the sense that I’m tired of seeing Shane treated like a legitimate wrestler, but he has put on decent matches and I assume it will be a surprisingly good match in the same vein that the Mixed Tag match last year was a surprise packet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back