Feedback BigFooty Forum Upgrade - Read OP first, then post issues and feedback in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a specific board?
did you try it?
Once you click on Search threads the form will reload, when you scroll down you can pick a specific board or boards

Capture.PNG

Why is it no longer to see how many pages a thread is or to navigate to a particular page?
There’s no easy way to continue to read a thread unless you click last post and manually go back page by page.

Is there any update on getting notifications for new threads in watched forums, Chief? It's difficult to keep track of the SFA without that.
You should be getting them - the system is working as it should right now.

What options did you choose when you watched the forum?

watch-forum.jpg

Why is it no longer to see how many pages a thread is or to navigate to a particular page?
There’s no easy way to continue to read a thread unless you click last post and manually go back page by page.
See the OP under "Tips for users - Navigation".

e.g.:
  • Tap the “n of n” page numbers (mobile) or the ellipsis ... (desktop) to select a specific page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should be getting them - the system is working as it should right now.

What options did you choose when you watched the forum?

View attachment 620818
Still not happening... Options selected exactly as in the image here.

I didn't have "Replies to a watched thread/Starts a new thread in a watched forum" ticked. I don't want the first half of that.

But the popup when you watch a forum seems to imply that it would change that?
This is the software we have to work with. That alert preference is like a master switch.

The developers at Xenforo have developed a "deal with it" approach to some of their more eccentric design choices.

I will put this on the list for a possible inclusion in a future add-on to give users more flexibility.

How long are you waiting? Is it an error message?
85862E42-81C2-41E4-B9BA-374E38886927.jpeg
I went back to the thread just now and my previous attempts had uploaded. I retried uploading the same gif and the bottom attempt happened.
Probably been a couple of hours between attempts.
This happens often. It doesn’t work then you come back quite a while later and it has uploaded.
Strange.

View attachment 621513
I went back to the thread just now and my previous attempts had uploaded. I retried uploading the same gif and the bottom attempt happened.
Probably been a couple of hours between attempts.
This happens often. It doesn’t work then you come back quite a while later and it has uploaded.
Strange.
It takes longer then usual to upload as we store media on a media server.

Hi Chief

Copying and pasting text and tags from other parts of the board doesn’t seem to work.

Have a look at this thread from the SFA board (yes, nerdy) https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ast-side-hawks-at-the-house-of-gumby.1212440/

I copy and pasted the text on dark mode from a PM I posted in. It’s now unreadable on light mode.

Also if you notice there’s an issue copying and pasting tags, I have had this issue before as well.

These issues didn’t occur before the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back