Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your right ,but this talk happens every year with alot of players. I couldn't take him with Witherdon and Zac Williams simularly priced, and they are also taking kick ins .
It does, but all signs point to him playing the majority of his time in the midfield. Too much emphasis being placed on kick in takers IMO. Think we will see a more even spread of kick ins being shared, rather than one specific kicker.

And likewise i’ve been convinced to select or not select players based on the weight of discussion .... to regret later in the season

So it does make you rethink choices .... but i like the fact your team is rather unique and you’ve got your own strategy

Thanks man. Yeh, I tend to set up a particular way as it's worked pretty well for me most years, it's not for everyone though. There's more than one way to skin a cat as they say

Alrighty Kents,

I know some may think it's pretty gross but for some strange reason I like it. My gonads feel 10x bigger. However, they will probably shrink back to a GnR team post-JLTView attachment 620690
Nice, you could turn Hibbard to a rookie and upgrade Coniglio, Yeo and Sloane if you wanted to play it straighter.

Righto kenties seeing a lot of cookie cutter sides from guys who’s testicles wouldn’t look out of place at an MnM factory. Have put a lot of thought into this and am planning on taking calculated risks with a good chance of paying off. This side is looking at a minimum top 100 finish IMO. Would love some feedback/praise on how great I am etc etc.

View attachment 620426
View attachment 620427
View attachment 620428

First things first - rookies are just place setters until we all see rnd 1 line ups and frantically reneg on our ambitious line ups in favour of safer cookie cutter teams.

DEF:

Sicily speaks for himself. Have gone for taking a few underpriced fallen guns due to injury. Mills will kill it this year and has been training exclusively as a midfielder. Has put on a fair bit of size since we last saw him. Brodie Smith and Williams I can both see averaging 90-105 region. Smith will take his fair share of kick ins, and after a full pre season heading into the prime of his career, could quite easily have a SC best year. Adelaide will have a significantly improved year and will be a product of their success. Scores really well at the Adelaide Oval and plays his first 5/8 games their for the season.

MIDS:

Crippa and Piggie are automatic selections. Essendon are on the up and Merret will Star this year. Averaged 104 when you take out his round 1 score when he took a nap in the middle of Etihad. Expecting him to average a minimum of 110. Yeo is a star and should be talked about in the same breath as Kelly, neale etc and heading into his prime. Only worry for him is a premiership hangover. Rocky is a lock and look forward to JLT to confirm my thoughts. He’s a fallen premo that’s had trouble changing clubs. Has trained the house down and is exclusively training as a mid. Has said himself that he’s miles ahead of where he was this time last year. While a return of his glory days are unlikely, I can see a permanent role in the midfield give a return of a 100 avg. Has huge potential to go ballistic in games and score huge. At 400K he’s a no brainer.

RUCK:

Fairly routine. Nank heading into the prime of his career. Looks very fit and one of the few clubs that’ll only play 1 recognised ruckman. I expect a small increase in scoring from last year pushing him to 100 avg. Goldstein was in consideration, but I expect him to be Norths second choice ruckman by seasons end.

FWD:

Such a sexy forward line. I get light headed when looking at it from the blood rushing down to other parts of my body :$. Heeney has to show me he is in for a big year during JLT/early rounds otherwise sexy robbie comes into my side. For too long this little **** boy has promised so much and has only utensil teased us. Dunkley should maintain his role and score as well as he did in the back end of last season. Competition is rife amongst our midfield so I expect him to put in good performances from the get go. Mundy has moved into Neales vacant role and could see a small increase in his already delicious scoring for a FWD. Is extremely durable having missed bugger all games over the last 6-7 years. Will become the big dog of the midfield once Fyfe inevitably gets injured/suspended throughout the year. Big yes for me despite being in his 50’s.
I'm not going to sit here and lie to you, this is a reallyyyyy sexy team. Have my babies please and thankyou

It does, but all signs point to him playing the majority of his time in the midfield. Too much emphasis being placed on kick in takers IMO. Think we will see a more even spread of kick ins being shared, rather than one specific kicker.
Totally agree.
There will be greater emphasis on moving the ball in quickly.
Certain chip scabs just seem to hang around the goal line so they can get a kick in but doubt that teams will be waiting for their designated kicker as much now.
As an example as long as I don't see Jarrad Witts running out from the square for my team I'll be happy if just about anyone else will pick up a new ball immediately, run out of the square and find a target down the field rather than waiting 10 seconds for Pearce Hanley to run down there to take the kick in.

Alrighty Kents,

I know some may think it's pretty gross but for some strange reason I like it. My gonads feel 10x bigger. However, they will probably shrink back to a GnR team post-JLTView attachment 620690
Don't mind a few of your POD's
Sloane, Menegola, Smith, Cogs are all going to have pretty high floors so can't see it going disastrously bad. Can see Sloane increasing his average back to 110, Menegola 105, Cogs and Smith I think are pretty maxed.

Hibbered & Smith & Williams on the other hand. I'd put money on minimum 2 of them averaging <85. Do you think that Hibberd will average more than Libba or Miles? if not then I'd go
Hibberd > Collins
Walsh > Libba
Rankine > Greene

Think the second trio have a much higher ceiling, floor probably similar. Cash Gen probably similar.

I know your rookies will change but from a GC perspective don't reckon Rankine is worth the money and Wigg did his ACL this week.
From an Adelaide perspective is McHenry likely to get a run early in the year? intrigued by him as a DPP but unsure his place in the team.

Don't mind a few of your POD's
Sloane, Menegola, Smith, Cogs are all going to have pretty high floors so can't see it going disastrously bad. Can see Sloane increasing his average back to 110, Menegola 105, Cogs and Smith I think are pretty maxed.

Hibbered & Smith & Williams on the other hand. I'd put money on minimum 2 of them averaging <85. Do you think that Hibberd will average more than Libba or Miles? if not then I'd go
Hibberd > Collins
Walsh > Libba
Rankine > Greene

Think the second trio have a much higher ceiling, floor probably similar. Cash Gen probably similar.

I know your rookies will change but from a GC perspective don't reckon Rankine is worth the money and Wigg did his ACL this week.
From an Adelaide perspective is McHenry likely to get a run early in the year? intrigued by him as a DPP but unsure his place in the team.
Re McHenry .... more likely Chace Jones get a gig b4 Ned ..... ned needs to add some weight, but he’ll get games thru the year

Totally agree.
There will be greater emphasis on moving the ball in quickly.
Certain chip scabs just seem to hang around the goal line so they can get a kick in but doubt that teams will be waiting for their designated kicker as much now.
As an example as long as I don't see Jarrad Witts running out from the square for my team I'll be happy if just about anyone else will pick up a new ball immediately, run out of the square and find a target down the field rather than waiting 10 seconds for Pearce Hanley to run down there to take the kick in.

There will still be the same emphasis on accurate ball movement.

Every rule change we've seen has not changed the fact that teams put a priority on defence and on ball retention.

If Hanley is the best kick they likely will wait - besides, how many quick, out of position behinds are there? The kick in players will be pushing back hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People here make such strong and compelling cases for players that sometimes I can't help but be swayed by some of them. :$ Mills, Taranto & Parfitt being players that I had not considered previously who are currently in my side. Thanks Kents :moustache:

All part of my plan so when they play sh*t this season you’re one less team I have to worry about :devil:

Dane Zorko is a fallen premium at $520,00.
He had a terrible year last year but still averaged 95.He has learnt how to better handle a tag.Will he be tagged now with Neale in and Beams out of the side.He has just been named captain.
Screenshot_20190217-113417_Chrome.jpg

Dane Zorko is a fallen premium at $520,00.
He had a terrible year last year but still averaged 95.He has learnt how to better handle a tag.Will he be tagged now with Neale in and Beams out of the side.He has just been named captain.
View attachment 620777

Zorko will still be tagged before Neale because his ability to go forward & kick 3-4 goals in a game is better than Neale’s if he is not tagged.

But if has learnt how to deal with the tag then either way he could be a great pick, because we know his big games produce huge scores.

People here make such strong and compelling cases for players that sometimes I can't help but be swayed by some of them. :$ Mills, Taranto & Parfitt being players that I had not considered previously who are currently in my side. Thanks Kents :moustache:
Jack Watts is going to have a MASSIVE year. Think you should try and fit him in. :think:

I’ve been reading the opposite
Think the club is pumping up both Jones and McHenrey .... and it appears downplaying McAdam a bit over his need to get accustomed to AFL training

But i’m a big fan of McAdam .... and it’ll be interesting between Jones and Ned, but at 70kgs that a big ask of a player, who bases his game on tackling and pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back