Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickers on Off The Bench this morning. He said something about how he liked Finey and misses him? Hutchy didn't respond...
Ha ha, I heard that. That's one thing i like about Pickers: he doesn't give a stuff and says what he thinks most of the time. The only times he holds back is when he's talking about a player he manages, which isn't often

How long has Doc been gone from OTB? I haven't listened since hutchy pissed me off with all his changes.

I'm sick and tired of Anthony Hudson yelling all the time.Where does it say in radio commentary 101 that you must raise your voice and yell if something important happens? What's worse is that the younger commentators are starting to copy him.Last nightat the end of the big bash on Sen, the commentator started yelling even though the game had been decided 15 minutes earlier. Poor stuff.

I reckon Tim Lane is one who they can learn off. Urgency of his voice rises just enough to keep you interested and that something important is happening but not in an annoying way.

Grybas had that ability as well. Drew Morphett early in his career.

Pickers on Off The Bench this morning. He said something about how he liked Finey and misses him? Hutchy didn't respond...

I don’t know why Hutchy is so stubborn about. Finey is a clear upgrade to what he has now. We didn’t always agree with what he said but at least he said something of interest.

Even his take of games night before were far more better informed than Hutchy’s vanilla mates like Hev....zzzz..everin

I don’t know why Hutchy is so stubborn about. Finey is a clear upgrade to what he has now. We didn’t always agree with what he said but at least he said something of interest.

Even his take of games night before were far more better informed than Hutchy’s vanilla mates like Hev....zzzz..everin
Fine knew his stuff.
Did the work pre his shifts.
And had logical progression in his arguments.

I reckon Tim Lane is one who they can learn off. Urgency of his voice rises just enough to keep you interested and that something important is happening but not in an annoying way.

Grybas had that ability as well. Drew Morphett early in his career.
Yes Tim Lane was excellent, is excellent (except his sanctimonious stuff he introduces every now and again; far better when they just commentate).

I'm sick and tired of Anthony Hudson yelling all the time.Where does it say in radio commentary 101 that you must raise your voice and yell if something important happens? What's worse is that the younger commentators are starting to copy him.Last night at the end of the big bash on Sen, the commentator started yelling even though the game had been decided 15 minutes earlier. Poor stuff.

I switched over to ABC about halfway through the cricket season. It was in the end, in large part due to you having little idea what was actually happening when the ball had been hit when Huddo was commentating. Every single ball, based on his voice sounded like it had been hit for 4 or 6, only to find out it had actually just dribbled out to mid-off for an easy single. The amount of time he took to recover, take a breath and actually describe what was/did happen after his wind up of nearly every ball made it unlistenable.

They are now saturating us with live sport offerings, shows how little depth there is in the ability to call play to play action to a LISTENING audience. It is a different skill to television play by play when it compliments what you are seeing yourself.

Yeah his show was 5 minutes ads between sports and weather with him and pickers chatter. Then they started the show for about 6 minutes then we had another 10 minutes of ads
Yeah nah, I was talking about Saturday evening, when they had technical problems yet again. I dunno how long it went for, but something like this annoying signal test tone was being broadcast, mixed in with some ads in the background

I switched over to ABC about halfway through the cricket season. It was in the end, in large part due to you having little idea what was actually happening when the ball had been hit when Huddo was commentating. Every single ball, based on his voice sounded like it had been hit for 4 or 6, only to find out it had actually just dribbled out to mid-off for an easy single. The amount of time he took to recover, take a breath and actually describe what was/did happen after his wind up of nearly every ball made it unlistenable.

They are now saturating us with live sport offerings, shows how little depth there is in the ability to call play to play action to a LISTENING audience. It is a different skill to television play by play when it compliments what you are seeing yourself.
That's what happens when commentators juggle television & radio commentary. Tim Lane was clearly the best footy caller when working exclusively for the abc but when he got that channel 10 gig (he may have been on 3aw by that stage) his commentary became far less descriptive.

Turned off permanently. Hutchy has no idea. Repeats- Pete Donergan ...this your sporting life ok first time but!!!@! Ads. same old jokes bye bye SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Reiwoldt joining the mornings team on Mondays and will feature on Whateley Thursdays 9-10. I was really impressed with Reiwoldt on AFL360 last year, I think it's a good get.

Nick Reiwoldt joining the mornings team on Mondays and will feature on Whateley Thursdays 9-10. I was really impressed with Reiwoldt on AFL360 last year, I think it's a good get.

God I hope that means that Malcom Blight no longer has a regular segment. Extremely overexposed and overused.

Some shocking news to all radio listeners...quite frightening really, but you all need to know...

Andrew Gaze will not be coaching basketball after this season..be afraid.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/baske...e/news-story/39a71ad04422cc36c2aa2f9460603a83
Now there is the greatest numb nuts of all time.

Was beyond dreadful on radio.

Besides basketball, he knew nothing.
Seriously he has no depth of knowledge.
He is a very very simple man.
Just lacks any formal knowledge.

And a shocking voice for radio.

Zero is his best score.

Attachments

• DD531D1B-9096-46BF-BF41-9190D993D8CA.gif
    DD531D1B-9096-46BF-BF41-9190D993D8CA.gif
    788.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 6A3472C1-E86E-4515-B3C2-A7BB9BD5D22B.gif
    6A3472C1-E86E-4515-B3C2-A7BB9BD5D22B.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 167
Fa'rk me dead, Sen are off the air yet again. As I said, perhaps Hutchers should divert some of his revenue to paying for better tech gear and staff

I've heard more tech problems on sen in the last few months than I've heard in me whole life. I don't reckon 3aw missed a beat when they changed buildings

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back