Kyabram DFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if any KDFL affiliated clubs will register under 14 teams in Shepp Junior Footy league in anticipation of under 14's being introduced in 2020 or beyond?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

MTFNC would love to and have quite a few kids ask about 4ths, but sadly to play SDJFL you’d need 21 kids aged 13 and 14, which sadly won’t happen.

Hopefully 2020 we can get it together with kids aged 11, 12, 13 and 14.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MTFNC would love to and have quite a few kids ask about 4ths, but sadly to play SDJFL you’d need 21 kids aged 13 and 14, which sadly won’t happen.

Hopefully 2020 we can get it together with kids aged 11, 12, 13 and 14.

Surely the GVFL affiliated clubs that all field 2 teams could spare some kids.

Have suggested dual registration of players for junior and between major and minor leagues for a while to ensure that no one spends a round sitting out when they would rather play. Anyone in the position to do so want to take it to the leagues?
Has existed in the past and would see no reason why it couldn't in the future by way of area agreement ?

Has existed in the past and would see no reason why it couldn't in the future by way of area agreement ?
Correct with area agreements but they were convoluted beyond junior level and still required the submission of permits. I'd suggest that this could be better executed in the all conquering digital age (insert incredibly skeptical emoticon here).

Correct with area agreements but they were convoluted beyond junior level and still required the submission of permits. I'd suggest that this could be better executed in the all conquering digital age (insert incredibly skeptical emoticon here).
My mistake I thought you were meaning and advocating for dual registration for juniors .
The whole issue around sharing of players including via area agreements is that some use it to win or to try to recruit the best players, not to give kids who would otherwise miss out on a game.
The top players , who often in junior footy are already playing in various rep / elite squads and don't need to be playing more footy , play more , which leads to more of the less developed missing out on a game. Especially whilst there is saturday and Sunday football. It can also have a negative affect on the culture and need to belong to a club which includes being engaged with the club off field , like parents serving in the canteen or on the gate.
The idea for the purpose of making sure more kids are getting a game, sharing registration/ permitts etc are ideal however in a practical sense trying to avoid the likely repercussions creates challenges.

I'm hesitant to ask the question from the powers that be after recent responses to simple requests, disappointing really.

If we don't ask, we don't know. Then again, I'd be inclined to demand because, as the PDFL demonstrated last year (and I'll admit begrudging praise), the AFL and polo playing Gill do not have copyright on the game and should always be very careful what they wish for in the future. One only has to wonder what the money spent on GWS and Gold Coast (even the ARL haven't learnt that lesson) could have produced in Tasmania economically and talent wise. Apparently our southern neighbours have colour TV and that new fangled interweb just like us.

If we don't ask, we don't know. Then again, I'd be inclined to demand because, as the PDFL demonstrated last year (and I'll admit begrudging praise), the AFL and polo playing Gill do not have copyright on the game and should always be very careful what they wish for in the future. One only has to wonder what the money spent on GWS and Gold Coast (even the ARL haven't learnt that lesson) could have produced in Tasmania economically and talent wise. Apparently our southern neighbours have colour TV and that new fangled interweb just like us.

Too right Woody. An example of the greed in chasing a growing market instead of looking after the grassroots.

Hearing that the Swans have added a high profile defender that played Ovens & Murray. Ultra must have the Gift of the Gab in the recruiting stakes! Was the connection through your other recru it from over that way mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing that the Swans have added a high profile defender that played Ovens & Murray. Ultra must have the Gift of the Gab in the recruiting stakes! Was the connection through your other recru it from over that way mate?

Dean will be a great asset to the group on and off the field. Spent some time up that way and is a mate.

Last edited:
Are Avenal starting to firm as flag favourites doc ???

Seen longwood have signed a few, but haven’t heard much out of shep east, undera, dookie and ardy in a while.

Any more news out of these clubs?

Also anyone willing to have a crack at the bottom 4-5 ? Any surprise teams down the bottom ?

Seen longwood have signed a few, but haven’t heard much out of shep east, undera, dookie and ardy in a while.

Any more news out of these clubs?

Also anyone willing to have a crack at the bottom 4-5 ? Any surprise teams down the bottom ?
Tough one doggie the bottom 5 I’ll go Violet Town / Ardy /Shepp East /Rushy / Longwood / Not hearing to much on Merrigum but at this stage just above VT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back