Review AFLW Round 3 Vs Brisbane. The Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good footy smarts to take that advantage. Newman is having a great game, as i said the next stage for her is to do it for 4 quarters. Looks likely today

Geez this is impressive footy to watch.

Set up in the middle by Zanker's relentless pressure ... 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th efforts ... If Hogan was still at the club, I'd be sitting him down with her for some lessons.
Have to beat Norf next week to be a chance though. If norf go undefeated with Freo it'll be hard to grab a spot in our conference

Did Brisbane get raided hard by Geelong and Norf? They look Carlton levels of ordinary today
They lost a couple, from a quick look, they lost Ashmore, Gibson, Stanton and Randal to Norf, and Hildebrand went to Collingwood.

In other words, less than most teams, we lost Hickey, Hoare, Cranston and Teague to Geelong, and Grierson and Humphries to Norf ... not to mention Daisy to motherhood.

I have a TV for BBL and the Computer for AFLW, and so much of my attention is on the footy. First love always wins out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, she's painful. If she gets rubbed out for that late hit, I'm not sure we'll miss her too much.
We still need Mifsud, because who else can we just get to stand tall as a marking target? Unless Pearce rotates around forward, but then who rucks?

I don't think the commentators are giving enough credit to that wind at the moment, which I think caused that turn over. You could see how Jacobsen's shot at goal moved in the wind to see it's pretty strong.
Gonna be honest, this guy commentating isn't the greatest

They lost a couple, from a quick look, they lost Ashmore, Gibson, Stanton and Randal to Norf, and Hildebrand went to Collingwood.

In other words, less than most teams, we lost Hickey, Hoare, Cranston and Teague to Geelong, and Grierson and Humphries to Norf ... not to mention Daisy to motherhood.
I think Brisbane losses have really hurt them, as they haven't really replaced them. Ashmore, Stanton and Gibson was a big portion of their midfield, and a mobile tall in Randall. It shows in how they are struggling to move the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back