• Kreuzer

• English

• Clarke

• Westhoff

• Jacobs

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it silly to have Lycett at M4 as insurance for English at R2?
If you’re going to take the risk on English it needs to be to save that 300k. No point having insurance on him and spending the same amount total as you would on a Goldstein, Jacobs or Witts.

Heck.. you’d nearly have enough to get Gawn and Archie Smith with a combination of Lycett and English.

Witts maybe?
Witts certainly won’t be to far behind. To me the only difference between Goldy and Witts is that I feel Goldy has room for improvement on his price and average from last season.

I just think Witts is at his maximum price and doesn’t really have a ceiling like Goldy but I still think Witts is a very safe pick, especially if you don’t think Goldy will get anywhere near his best.

Witts certainly won’t be to far behind. To me the only difference between Goldy and Witts is that I feel Goldy has room for improvement on his price and average from last season.

I just think Witts is at his maximum price and doesn’t really have a ceiling like Goldy but I still think Witts is a very safe pick, especially if you don’t think Goldy will get anywhere near his best.
Great points.

I guess I'll add something to this - at just 26 you could argue Witts still hasn't hit his prime, and with his first 10 or so match ups - he becomes pretty tempting!

Goldy does just feel a little safer though.

Great points.

I guess I'll add something to this - at just 26 you could argue Witts still hasn't hit his prime, and with his first 10 or so match ups - he becomes pretty tempting!

Goldy does just feel a little safer though.
I’d be interested to see how the new rules impact ruck scores. Personally think Witts can be benefited as he is a big unit and tackles well - so my reckoning is that he has a higher chance of being able to grab the ball out of the ruck and also will have more tackles stick against opposition ruckmen when they grab the ball. Although that argument could probably be said about a lot of rucks so what do I know :moustache:

Thinking Witts and Hoff.

Lycett and Ryder won't affect the Hoff, it was incredible watching him last year run around without an opponent. +6s everywhere and the occasional goal. Swing him into the forward line once Grundy/Gawn become cheaper or when it becomes clear who the ruck leader is.

Thinking Witts and Hoff.

Lycett and Ryder won't affect the Hoff, it was incredible watching him last year run around without an opponent. +6s everywhere and the occasional goal. Swing him into the forward line once Grundy/Gawn become cheaper or when it becomes clear who the ruck leader is.

Westhoff seemed to average better because of the more time he spent in the ruck with ryder being in and out due to injury. I think he will drop back down to around 90 avg. He could start well without dixon tho!

Westhoff seemed to average better because of the more time he spent in the ruck with ryder being in and out due to injury. I think he will drop back down to around 90 avg. He could start well without dixon tho!

I've heard that repeated a lot regarding Westhoff. I had him in my UF team last year and watched him pretty closely. I remember thinking that when he did play ruck he didn't play his usual role of cruising around the ground and that his scores suffered. I'm really keen on him as my R2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I’m going to bite the bullet on Darcy as a second ruck. He is cheap as chips and word is Sandi will be missing the first 4-6 (could be off the mark here). If Sandi doesn’t play, Darcy comfortably averages 80+ and at worst makes some coin to be upgraded if Sandi is looking like coming back. samFFC can you shed any light on the Freo ruck position for us?

Check out last year's winner Selbys UPDATED spreadsheet. Some great insight into the R2 conundrum. If you don't own it already, purchase it! Incredibly useful and goes to a great cause.

(Updated as of 17/02)

I think I’m going to bite the bullet on Darcy as a second ruck. He is cheap as chips and word is Sandi will be missing the first 4-6 (could be off the mark here). If Sandi doesn’t play, Darcy comfortably averages 80+ and at worst makes some coin to be upgraded if Sandi is looking like coming back. samFFC can you shed any light on the Freo ruck position for us?

Check out last year's winner Selbys UPDATED spreadsheet. Some great insight into the R2 conundrum. If you don't own it already, purchase it! Incredibly useful and goes to a great cause.

(Updated as of 17/02)

Yah Selby cautiously optimistic about Darcy.

Honestly not sure on the news of Sandi to be honest - variable reports. Even if he was fit he is prone to an injury at any time, so Darcy will likely be a nice draft steal, but unsure about Classic.
Good fantasy scorer though.

Sad but true, I'm really not sold on any of the rucks except for Grundy.

I currently have Clarke in my side but have already accepted he'll almost definitely have to come out of my side. As you've elaborated above he'd have to have an exceptional couple of JLT games, or if Bellchambers got injured.

If Preuss wasn't picked up by Dees I'd be thinking about Gawn in a different light. I'm not saying Gawn won't have a good season and odds are come the end of the season he'll be a top two ruckman so I don't think those picking Gawn/Grundy to set and forget are silly. However it's pretty proven that ruckman playing in a side with a second ruck won't score as well, for Preuss to join the Dees I find it hard not to imagine certain promises were made.
if preuss wasn't picked by the dees we'd prob all have him in our teams. imagine if he was at st kilda right now.

Jarrod Witts...averaged 90+ for two years and has just been given the co-captaincy in 2019...just 26 years old. If you were going to pick him, have no doubts now
Safe as houses, I don’t think there’s any room for him to improve his score more than a couple of points just because he’s an old fashioned ruckman. Because of that I’m still going with Goldy at R2 however I’ll be very big on Witts in my draft league.

Jarrod Witts...averaged 90+ for two years and has just been given the co-captaincy in 2019...just 26 years old. If you were going to pick him, have no doubts now
Safe as houses, I don’t think there’s any room for him to improve his score more than a couple of points just because he’s an old fashioned ruckman. Because of that I’m still going with Goldy at R2 however I’ll be very big on Witts in my draft league.
Personally think there's an argument that he can improve with the new ruck rules. Coming into his prime as well. Like you though, not sure I'll select him but will prioritise him in draft for sure!

Back