WRFL Division 2 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there may be whollus-bollus movement of teams if disciplinary action is tough? Too late in the piece to move teams up to fill gaps?

Any word of any new rules for WRFL yet? EDFL are talking about a blue card.

"A blue card will be used as a calm down card where a player is being over aggressive or agitated. Will be used usually where a players infringement may not warrant a send off but deserves some action taken. They will be sent off for 10 mins not including breaks, they can be replaced during this time. Two blue cards during the game for the same player will enact a yellow card."

Ammos use this card system and works well. Umpires appear to give out cards more often, mainly to calm situatons knowing the first card given to an aggressive player will not impact the side as they can be replaced

Ammos use this card system and works well. Umpires appear to give out cards more often, mainly to calm situatons knowing the first card given to an aggressive player will not impact the side as they can be replaced

Yes trucka, umpires would use it more if they don't have to go to a tribunal hearing but can calm a situation. If an aggressive player keeps going and ends up with a second blue card that might make the tribunal hearing easier too.

EFL have announced the new rules they'll be using this year - http://efl.org.au/2019-rule-changes-and-interpretations/ No blue card and no mention of runner/water carriers. 50m changes have been applied to their 25m's. I can see many free kicks coming from wrong positions on centre bounces and kick ins/marks near goals. It's going to take a few seasons for these changes to become second nature!!!

Stumbled across the Newport Facebook page and looks like they’ve done a rebrand and are now using maroon and gold colours. Is this the Color the former Newport club used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Newport went to watch a training session on Monday. There had to be 40 to 45 players on the track. Looks like they have recruited really well with some div 1 talent on display. The break up from Jrns could be a blessing for them. I wish them well for 2019

Speaking of Newport went to watch a training session on Monday. There had to be 40 to 45 players on the track. Looks like they have recruited really well with some div 1 talent on display. The break up from Jrns could be a blessing for them. I wish them well for 2019

I give it 2 years

Div 2 will be very strong this year and there will be no easy games.

They playing with a bell in the ball Ando?
Might be close games but not quality

Watched plenty of smackings over the years in Divvy 2 and would much rather watch a close game than a good side smack an inferior one. I don't watch lower grade local footy necessarily for quality, I get that watching AFL / VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say good luck to any team that gets in their way this year, they have a player named Macca and his mate Zorba who have joined the team, I heard they’re a big change to their team and literally can not be tackled. Excited for the div 2 comp this year more than I am for the div 1

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which one are you Macca or Zorba?

Ring Newport if you want a run against witches hats

😄😄😄 It’s to far to travel for Newport players unless there is some uber fares going that way.. 😂

Looking at some posts it appears Newport 19s are struggling for numbers which is not unusual in this age group in the West. Well it’s not just a problem in the West as some EDFL clubs also struggling.
I think AFL Vic need to get a committee to work on this, especially with the introduction of the points system..Things need to change.. As mentioned in the past some suggestions are:
16 a side
Friday night games.
Sat night games.

Looking at some posts it appears Newport 19s are struggling for numbers which is not unusual in this age group in the West. Well it’s not just a problem in the West as some EDFL clubs also struggling.
I think AFL Vic need to get a committee to work on this, especially with the introduction of the points system..Things need to change.. As mentioned in the past some suggestions are:
16 a side
Friday night games.
Sat night games.

I think part of the problem is the changing demographics of the area. Cricket clubs are doing well, is this because of increasing numbers of Indians, etc who seem to gravitate to cricket. Another forum on bf is International footy where some of the posts deal with the efforts to grow AFL in India. Why not invest a bit of money in bringing out an Indian rep side to play local league/rep sides and advertise it heavily amongst the local community. If the parochial crowds turn up for these games like they did for the cricket, canteens at least are going to be winners. Give some of the local kids something to imitate and strive for apart from cricket. Point out that AFL was originally dreamed up to keep cricket players fit in the off season 😁.

The first club that breaks into this community and encourages these kids is going to do well.

Last edited:
Precisely what I have been pushing for the last four years, especially the "retain your fitness over winter" aspect. It's hard seeing a lack of crossover between the cricket and footy clubs that share ovals, and in June when its cold and windy and spitting rain the cricket nets are in full swing with kids who would be more than welcome to play footy.

I think part of the problem is the changing demographics of the area. Cricket clubs are doing well, is this because of increasing numbers of Indians, etc who seem to gravitate to cricket. Another forum on bf is International footy where some of the posts deal with the efforts to grow AFL in India. Why not invest a bit of money in bringing out an Indian rep side to play local league/rep sides and advertise it heavily amongst the local community. If the parochial crowds turn up for these games like they did for the cricket, canteens at least are going to be winners. Give some of the local kids something to imitate and strive for apart from cricket. Point out that AFL was originally dreamed up to keep cricket players fit in the off season 😁.

The first club that breaks into this community and encourages these kids is going to do well.

Very hard to sway them away from any other sport than Cricket though is what I have found. I work with a lot of people who come from the sub-continent and cricket is like a religion to them. Vietnamese, Phillipinos and Africans are more likely to play.

Last edited:
Very hard to sway them away from any other sport than Cricket though is what I have found. I work with a lot of people who come from the sub-continent and cricket is like a religion to them. Vietnamese, Phillipinos and Africans are more likely to play.
Its the second generation that grow up here and will be exposed to it at School that are more likely.

Same happened with our western oriental gentleman, they came out here and soccer was theirs one and only. But looking at some team lists recently there are plenty of names ending in vowels!

How about you come down with your silly team and test out these witches hats? I bet ya that all your players will be on their ass from how hard they’ll get hit. Newport is filled with warriors mate. I hate playing again them. They’re a hard Yakka team #jahash

😂😂😂.
No wonder the juniors wanted to cut the seniors loose with blokes like you involved.

How about you come down with your silly team and test out these witches hats? I bet ya that all your players will be on their ass from how hard they’ll get hit. Newport is filled with warriors mate. I hate playing again them. They’re a hard Yakka team #jahash

Fuzzy is that falling on their ass from getting hit late and from behind? 👊😎😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back