Movie Next James Bond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange franchise. Big fans think it's incredible. Rest know it's Vin Diesel action movies with a veneer of British sophistication instead of whatever Vin Diesel is.

I’m a huge Bond nerd but I’d describe the series as ‘fun’ rather than ‘incredible’ - there’s some poor entries but it won’t stop me watching them and getting some enjoyment out of crazy cars, gadgets and gals.

It’s pretty much just wish fulfilment haha.

That said, the rights are up for sale, a 'shared universe' is on the offing, so a TV show with a female Bond isn't out of the realms of possibility. And really, who cares, the theory that Bond was a code name rather than an actual name was perfectly good. I couldn't care less if Bond was white, black or female, as long as the film was good.
Ah but Ian Fleming wrote bond as being male (dark and handsome?).

In the novels (notably From Russia, with Love), Bond's physical description has generally been consistent: slim build; a three-inch long, thin vertical scar on his right cheek; blue-grey eyes; a "cruel" mouth; short, black hair, a comma of which falls on his forehead.

I'm not sure why a studio would think Bond would work as a 'shared universe' MCU type thing. Think it will go about as well as when they gave Jeremy Renner a spinoff Bourne film, espionage in the real world just doesn't seem to have much potential to me.

Brand recognition. Established IP = free advertising. We are in a time where it's hard (not impossible) to create successful new franchise brands, so everything that was around before is getting a free shot "because remember it".

Female James Bond is a never, and so it should be. Race or sexuality or whatever is not a big deal, but two things are sticking points: British and male.

Atomic Blonde was a kickass female driving action flick that not many people seen. Perhaps go give it a look rather than campaign for Bond to change genders.

Brosnan and Lazenby weren't British.
Hell, Connery is Scottish, not English, which is what most people mean when they say Bond is British.

Physical characteristics have to be the least important aspects of a film character. It doesn't matter if Bond is black or white, male or female, if the character is good. None of the actors that have played Bond have matched the author's description and it doesn't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell, Connery is Scottish, not English, which is what most people mean when they say Bond is British.

Physical characteristics have to be the least important aspects of a film character. It doesn't matter if Bond is black or white, male or female, if the character is good. None of the actors that have played Bond have matched the author's description and it doesn't matter.
Edris Elba would have been good but he's probably a bit too old now.

I loved Tom Hiddleston in The Night Manager, but i can't really see him in the Bond role. He doesn't seem to have that steeliness the others had.

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered if Bond was male/female or whatever racial background. The fact that he's "British" certainly shouldn't rule out anyone with dark skin. That's more than a tad stupid. I would've loved to see Idris Elba in the role, but like others have mentioned it's probably past him now.

It wouldn't work, but I'd definitely pay good money to see Peter Dinklage as Bond.

Did Daniel Craig drop out or something?

Last year he said he was doing and the next one and Cary Fukunaga is directing last i heard.

Yeah they both are involved, the script has apparently been re-written for the third time now by Scott Z Burns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we really going to include 5 movies of 'I am Groot' voice work as Vin Diesel action flicks?

If so, The Iron Giant is better.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back