NTFL 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katherine and Cairns would be the most suitable. Alice and Darwin have a bit of "north vs south" going on, much like in Tassie. And to be fair, climate is so different in the two cities it's crazy. I was playing under 18s when the Katherine Big River Hawks first started playing, and the town really gets around them. Never understood why Katherine doesn't have a team. Cairns would boost the profile a little bit of the league

last home and away for the season and some very interesting games, top of the table clash for first spot, third spot up for grabs, saints trying desperately to stay off bottom of the ladder and palmy and eagles looking to finish off year with one more win to make their season a little more respectable, read an interesting article about which four fly ins nightcliff will use out of their eight or so for finals, if it wasn't for the fly in rule tigers would obviously play all eight so on that basis the fly in rule has been very successful and the league has got it right, the standard wont be as high but it makes things more even

Well thats that for another home and away season. Top 5 aren't a real surprise, but who'd have thought we'd see St Mary's get the spoon? Good win by Wanderers on the weekend against us to rescue some dignity.

Nightcliff destroying Districts (albeit at Nightcliff Oval) was a huge result too. Really hope Tiwi can ride the wave and go hard in the finals

1550432068831.png

Nightcliff destroying Districts (albeit at Nightcliff Oval) was a huge result too. Really hope Tiwi can ride the wave and go hard in the finals

Tiwi are exactly the sort of team that could either lose or win by 50 points against Districts and then the same against Nightcliff. Would love them in a Grand Final, atmosphere would be nuts.

Tiwi are exactly the sort of team that could either lose or win by 50 points against Districts and then the same against Nightcliff. Would love them in a Grand Final, atmosphere would be nuts.

Imagine a Tiwi and Buffs grand final. That's enough for any footy fan to become moist :thumbsu:

Imagine a Tiwi and Buffs grand final. That's enough for any footy fan to become moist :thumbsu:

I just got that week off from work to move out of home, but you can get bet I'll be down there regardless of who's playing.

I just got that week off from work to move out of home, but you can get bet I'll be down there regardless of who's playing.

NTFL GF day was always on birthday weekend, so was always a good time. Still remember playing the Under 18s GF against Big River on my actual 18th birthday and winning. Didn't make it to the end of the night (I think that was the year Tiwi won it too).

Enjoy it mate! I don't remember if i've ever asked, who do you support?

NTFL GF day was always on birthday weekend, so was always a good time. Still remember playing the Under 18s GF against Big River on my actual 18th birthday and winning. Didn't make it to the end of the night (I think that was the year Tiwi won it too).

Enjoy it mate! I don't remember if i've ever asked, who do you support?

I'm neutral, kept it that way because of my media stuff and I didn't grow up here or really know anyone that played for anyone when I first came up. I've got a bit of a soft spot for Palmerston after living there and playing 1 season of Under-16s, and I have a soft spot for the Bombers because of how amazing the club is and that I've always been on very friendly terms with them, especially Brenton Toy. If I was grilled, I'd say Tiwi.

palmy a bit unlucky any other year that amount of wins would get you a place in finals, they might get a league medalist as a consolation, tigers beating second placed team by huge margin in last home and away would have to give you confidence but finals are funny, the other thing is will st Mary's get back up the ladder next year it's a bit tricky with the points system to get rapid gains

palmy a bit unlucky any other year that amount of wins would get you a place in finals, they might get a league medalist as a consolation, tigers beating second placed team by huge margin in last home and away would have to give you confidence but finals are funny, the other thing is will st Mary's get back up the ladder next year it's a bit tricky with the points system to get rapid gains

I just hope Matty D keeps playing for us and doesn't give up. Showed a lot of fight this year and improved dramatically, so should hopefully try push for finals next year.

Very weird seeing Saints get the spoon, don't think it's ever really happened before.. I think with Nightcliff and Districts splashing the cash, St Mary's just weren't a destination club this year. Will be back, hopefully with Renouf still in charge. Maybe even with Cyril Rioli actually playing for them, unless he decides to go to Tiwi.

Will be very surprising if it isn't Nightcliff and Districts in the GF. The gulf between them and the rest is just too great. Do the "flyins" restrictions restrict more for the finals?

only four fly ins allowed in finals same as home and away games, clubs have to decide out of all the fly ins who are qualified which four they will select

At least Districts can't fly Ryan Griffin back up then! Nightcliff will have some fun deciding on their 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought buffs footy club had turned the corner but was talking to a guy that played there last year and half of this season and he was saying he has never been at a club with so much infighting on and off the field

I thought buffs footy club had turned the corner but was talking to a guy that played there last year and half of this season and he was saying he has never been at a club with so much infighting on and off the field

Their performances the last month show that, particularly their effort in the Elimination Final. I did see some senior type guys (possibly committee members &/or supporters) really giving it to them last week at Gardens. Not a good look. Can’t perform well on field if you’re not getting it right off the field.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

big first week of finals buffs gone the result was probably not a surprise but margin was, tiwi are on fire and will play nightcliff and crocs will be very nervous against tahs their finals history is not great and to go out in straight sets after looking like going back to back would be a shocker

I was at a girls junior game recently and the abuse from buffs supporters was embarrassing

Buffs have always had that issue. The amount of times we would be abused as juniors (talking under 14s), especially me being the token tall skinny white guy on my team, our coaches called pedofiles etc. by Buffs supporters was crazy. We even had one of the Buffs coaches get into a physical altercation with our coach in an elimination final because the umpire stopped play for us to stretcher off a kid with a broken leg and they lost momentum (they ended up winning the game anyway)

being a fan of the underdog would love to see a tahs v tiwi grand final, that would mean crocs tigers go out in straight sets, very unlikely but a guy can dream

Wouldn't that be amazing! there is still hope I suppose. Tahs may just kick it up a gear and find their stride and wipe out all in their path. Either way, i just hope the GF is close and isn't a blow away to Districts or Nightcliff

Very happy with the performance on Saturday. Was nervous about this game after they beat us with a goal just about on the siren a few weeks ago, but it seems we learnt a lot from that game. We never allowed Tiwi to get any run or flow going. We were able to repeatedly lock down the ball in our forward 50. Tiwi found it extremely hard to get out of defense, we regularly forced them to go long to a contest. Our forwards fired and in spite of some poor conversion in the second quarter it was pretty much over by half time. I'm daring to believe we might finally break the drought, but then quickly remember 2012 and become nervous again. Would love to get up there for it but I can't see that happening, sadly.

pretty simple equation: if nightcliff play to their potential will win premiership, no doubt about it. they will be hoping whoever wins this Saturday will have some sore players

crocs flogged tiwi by 20 goals winning form is good form come finals time,definitely the two best teams are playing off a crocs win sees them going back to back and a tigers win Wil be their first premiership in fifty years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back