Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Lewandowski doesn’t count because if he signed the year before it wouldn’t have been a free transfer. Wtf haha.

Pogba not a high profile transfer yet lists Jovanovic lol.

Considering that Pogba was a 19 year old who wasn't even making the squad at United at the time then yes a reasonable person would say that was not a high profile transfer. Jovanovic had just come off a very good performance at South Africa so yes that was a high profile deal (at the time) too with Inter amongst others also trying to sign him.

Jovanovic, Owen, Joe Cole, Eboue, Pires (to Villa), Nelsen, Chamakh, Valdes, Bogarde, Bosingwa (QPR), + many others. Chamakh & Bogarde probably the worst of that lot.

Lewandowski would have joined Bayern the previous season if Dortmund allowed him, he was all but signed at Bayern for a long time. Pogba was only 19 at the time, not what you would call a high profile transfer. Obviously Sol Campbell was but not like he had to settle in to life in London or anything like that. Pirlo another good one.
the vast majority of those were brought in as squad players.

Pogba was high profile because he was highly rated at United and the tabloids were already buzzing about Ferguson vs Raiola.

Lol

High profile frees have decent success records imo

Some like

Pogba to Juve
Pirlo to Juve
Judas to Arsenal
Lewandowski to Bayern
No you are getting this wrong. Liverpool has managed it better than everyone else

From an Arsenal perspective, Kolasinac on a free is a standout. At the time he was signed as LB depth to cover Monreal, however is now the only real creative width we have.

Chamakh on a free obviously didn’t work out. Lichsteiner though is a disaster.

From an Arsenal perspective, Kolasinac on a free is a standout. At the time he was signed as LB depth to cover Monreal, however is now the only real creative width we have.

Chamakh on a free obviously didn’t work out. Lichsteiner though is a disaster.
Did Lichtsteiner join Juve originally from Lazio on a free?

Can't remember, but he was decent for them

Lazio really went downhill in that 2010-11 period sold a few quality performers

Some rumours we might have already agreed a fee for Joachim Andersen from Sampdoria. But then again, it is us.

If it's the case, it would almost certainly be as a replacement for Alderweireld and a sure sign that we know he's gone.

Some rumours we might have already agreed a fee for Joachim Andersen from Sampdoria. But then again, it is us.

If it's the case, it would almost certainly be as a replacement for Alderweireld and a sure sign that we know he's gone.
Unlikely we would agree to anything before deadline day

A quick wiki search says Juve signed him for €10m. Yes I think he did quite well, a regular feature for them and I thought at the time it was a shrewd move by Arsenal to sign him given his experience.

Was way off the mark with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He cost 10mil

A quick wiki search says Juve signed him for €10m. Yes I think he did quite well, a regular feature for them and I thought at the time it was a shrewd move by Arsenal to sign him given his experience.

Was way off the mark with that.
His last year with us he made two of the most important crosses of the season in the champions league so his but both of those were coming off the bench as he was just too cooked to play a full 90mins.

Also Dani Alves worked for both Juve and PSG

Now it’s official

12 years playing for Napoli without ever getting particularly close to winning the league. That is loyalty!

“I want to become Napoli’s Totti”

“I need to have more than just a paycheque and trophies. I need to feel something in my soul.”

- Marek Hamsik.

12 years playing for Napoli without ever getting particularly close to winning the league. That is loyalty!

“I want to become Napoli’s Totti”

“I need to have more than just a paycheque and trophies. I need to feel something in my soul.”

- Marek Hamsik.
They got close a few times.

They led most of last year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back