Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forte at R2 :eek:

That’s brave, bordering on fool hardy
I have Fort at R2 at the moment, with a big wait on JLT action to see how things pan out there. Haven't ruled out changing my setup completely for Gawndy combo but if Fort can score 80-90 each week it will be a massive stepping stone. I fear Gawn may play more forward this year if Preuss is in the same side because Preuss is an out and out ruck. So many unknowns at the moment, but Fort at R2 allows me to have 4 premo backs and 5 premo forwards (by my definition, not by price).

I have Fort at R2 at the moment, with a big wait on JLT action to see how things pan out there. Haven't ruled out changing my setup completely for Gawndy combo but if Fort can score 80-90 each week it will be a massive stepping stone. I fear Gawn may play more forward this year if Preuss is in the same side because Preuss is an out and out ruck. So many unknowns at the moment, but Fort at R2 allows me to have 4 premo backs and 5 premo forwards (by my definition, not by price).
You can be guaranteed Forte won’t play 22 games ..... at his price if he’s dropped you’re stuffed, unless you keep reserve $$$ in the bank

But in that case why hold the $$$ .... just spend on a better consistent ruck option to start with

You can be guaranteed Forte won’t play 22 games ..... at his price if he’s dropped you’re stuffed, unless you keep reserve $$$ in the bank

But in that case why hold the $$$ .... just spend on a better consistent ruck option to start with
It's either Gawn or a rookie for me. Will depend entirely on the role plays with Preuss in the side. Won't go with Fort at R2 unless I'm extremely confident that he's the #1 ruck at the cats, and I also want a playing ruck at R3 (Clarke, Sweet??).

PS You must be having a really s**t holiday, because you are spending more time on here than what you were when you were at home!! :p:p

Forwards is the one line that I don't like the mid pricers this year.

How can u say no to a head like this?

images

Our teams compared:

* 5/6 backs
* 6/8 mids
* 1/2 rucks
* 5/6 forwards

We have 5/22 differences in our starting team. I think therefore, i have little option but to like it :p

I've also gone with the mid-pricer strategy but i have picked a couple 600k+ mids and as such my backline and rucks are weaker than yours. Our forwards are much of a muchness. I really think there are some strong mid-pricers this season but there could definitely be a strong field of rookies too so JLT will be very interesting. If enough rookies bob up ill probably be tempted to drop a couple of my mid-pricers and go with a more conventional structure but at the moment im very happy with my 7 MP's. Hypothetically, do you think you'll change your structure if some rookies present themselves or are you committed to full fledged mid-price madness?

What i would say is that as much as your team is mid-priced madness you've still got a few of the guns that i would call 'locks' in Danger, Heeney & Gray. Personally, i would like to see Cripps in your team as i think he is a genuine captain option and even at his high price he has potential to improve. I'm guessing you dont rate him as high as I do? Or think you can get him later at a discount?

I think your backline will make or break you this year, ive obviously gone with a very similar strategy in that position as there seems to be some great mid-priced options and there is a bit of uncertainty over the premiums due to the new rules and how that will affect them. Then of course many of the backline premiums (Simpson excluded) have only been scoring at an elite level for a season or 2. Given that, I genuinely think none of them are must-haves. That doesn't mean i don't rate them, i just think id prefer to wait and see who emerges as the top prospects. Im definitely happier to spend the bulk of my money on the forwards where i think several of the guns above 500k are more likely to hold or increase their averages than the backline premiums at a similar - or more expensive - price.

Good luck with your team, given a mid-priced strategy i think you've got most of the 'value' picks that i rate pretty highly. I have 1 or 2 different choices to you but obviously our teams are pretty similar. I think a lot of people on here will want you to conform to a more generic structure and thus will suggest you drop many of your mid-pricers but i think all of them could come off. Yes, there is risk, but there is risk with a GnR team too. So yeah, all power to you, my friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our teams compared:

* 5/6 backs
* 6/8 mids
* 1/2 rucks
* 5/6 forwards

We have 5/22 differences in our starting team. I think therefore, i have little option but to like it :p

I've also gone with the mid-pricer strategy but i have picked a couple 600k+ mids and as such my backline and rucks are weaker than yours. Our forwards are much of a muchness. I really think there are some strong mid-pricers this season but there could definitely be a strong field of rookies too so JLT will be very interesting. If enough rookies bob up ill probably be tempted to drop a couple of my mid-pricers and go with a more conventional structure but at the moment im very happy with my 7 MP's. Hypothetically, do you think you'll change your structure if some rookies present themselves or are you committed to full fledged mid-price madness?

What i would say is that as much as your team is mid-priced madness you've still got a few of the guns that i would call 'locks' in Danger, Heeney & Gray. Personally, i would like to see Cripps in your team as i think he is a genuine captain option and even at his high price he has potential to improve. I'm guessing you dont rate him as high as I do? Or think you can get him later at a discount?

I think your backline will make or break you this year, ive obviously gone with a very similar strategy in that position as there seems to be some great mid-priced options and there is a bit of uncertainty over the premiums due to the new rules and how that will affect them. Then of course many of the backline premiums (Simpson excluded) have only been scoring at an elite level for a season or 2. Given that, I genuinely think none of them are must-haves. That doesn't mean i don't rate them, i just think id prefer to wait and see who emerges as the top prospects. Im definitely happier to spend the bulk of my money on the forwards where i think several of the guns above 500k are more likely to hold or increase their averages than the backline premiums at a similar - or more expensive - price.

Good luck with your team, given a mid-priced strategy i think you've got most of the 'value' picks that i rate pretty highly. I have 1 or 2 different choices to you but obviously our teams are pretty similar. I think a lot of people on here will want you to conform to a more generic structure and thus will suggest you drop many of your mid-pricers but i think all of them could come off. Yes,t there is risk, but there is risk with a GnR team too. So yeah, all power to you, my friend.

It's still very early on (pre-JLT) my team will morph several times before Rd1 as will most others. Right now It's mostly value picks that I like (outside of F1-4) It doesn't mean that this will be the team I go with by any means. I haven't seen any of the rookies play yet, so until I do, they're ALL s**t and I don't want any of them on-field. I'm sure several rookie priced players will shine in JLT and book a spot in my Rd1 team. I usually do well picking up all the must have Rd1 rookies. I just don't believe there will be enough "must have" rookies for a traditional GnR set-up of previous years. Prove me wrong, rookies, prove me wrong.

Last edited:
is this head in full training yet?
heard he was a bit behind and likely to miss the first round or 2...?

Still in rehab I think. But I havent followed closely because there is f all chance I will be picking him.......famous last words

I liked the seriousness of the interview.

Did you have a coffee while watching Here2tellyouwhy ?
Ive been busy/drunk all weekend so just catching up on the last 10 pages of pure gold.
I was drinking coffee but had to switch to tears after reading this thread. Now im back on the beerz.

View attachment 621516

Have settled on this lineup pending JLT performances. $68k left over.
Very nice! I'm an advocate of the 'big 3' in the forwards (Danger, Heeney, Gray) and i also love the Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe and Kelly combo. I currently have 3 of those 4 and im trying to fit the 4th in. Rucks are good and are a combination that could become a fair bit more popular as people realise that Preuss and Campbell may not impact the big men as much as anticipated. I think there is definitely concern around Grundy now so Gawn/Goldy could well be the best starting combination. Moving on, I like that you've spent more on some rookies like Collins, Rozee and Walsh. Hall and Miles are gutsy selections but both have potential to pay off big time. Personally i like more mid-pricers in defence but i think Williams is probably the best pick of the lot so if you are only going for 1 i think youve got the best of the best.

Aaron Hall? Could be a classic mid-priced disappointment ,or he could excel.Pros- Can average 90 plus and score 130 from time to time, was recruited for a reason, Cons- can go missing, hasn't played a full season for a while. Screenshot_20190218-192655_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back