Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe VS Mario Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Which one is a better game? Is one of them the GOAT mario game?

Cant decide which to buy.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is better

I'm more of a traditionalist - 2D Mario all the way.

Odyssey is fun, but the fun is limited (today's gamers could also say the same about SMB U Deluxe... ouch lol). Once I finished it I was like ok I'll never play that again (unlike older Mario games like the original 3 - which I'll replay again and again and again).

I'm more of a traditionalist - 2D Mario all the way.

Odyssey is fun, but the fun is limited (today's gamers could also say the same about SMB U Deluxe... ouch lol). Once I finished it I was like ok I'll never play that again (unlike older Mario games like the original 3 - which I'll replay again and again and again).

Yeah I said the same thing about Oddessy when I finished it. I knew I wasn’t going to like it very much when the game was based around the hat gimmick. But I like 3D Mario’s. The Galaxy games are my favourite and I fell in love with Mario with Super Mario 64 DS. Oddessy was just felt like a massive downgrade from those experiences.

NSMB U Deluxe doesn’t look too great either but multiplayer puts it ahead for mine.

Yeah I said the same thing about Oddessy when I finished it. I knew I wasn’t going to like it very much when the game was based around the hat gimmick. But I like 3D Mario’s. The Galaxy games are my favourite and I fell in love with Mario with Super Mario 64 DS. Oddessy was just felt like a massive downgrade from those experiences.

NSMB U Deluxe doesn’t look too great either but multiplayer puts it ahead for mine.

I had to get NSMB U Deluxe as soon as it came out, I still haven't finished it (oops). I'm playing in 10-15 minute bursts and will finish it eventually.
But I was very delighted when they originally brought out NSMB on the original DS :). And not having a Wii/Wii U I'm happy to experience this game on the Switch.

I had to get NSMB U Deluxe as soon as it came out, I still haven't finished it (oops). I'm playing in 10-15 minute bursts and will finish it eventually.
But I was very delighted when they originally brought out NSMB on the original DS :). And not having a Wii/Wii U I'm happy to experience this game on the Switch.
Well I’ve played all the NSMB games so I’m not in a rush to get the deluxe version atm.

So I take it Odyssey is NOT the goat mario game?

People on here talk more highly of galaxy, which I never played.

So I take it Odyssey is NOT the goat mario game?

People on here talk more highly of galaxy, which I never played.
Depends on who you ask but I’d firmly say it’s far from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOAT Mario is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 stars.

I had never heard of this one til now. I suppose that's because it was released near the end of the SNES reign (the game came out in March '96 when the playstation was already out, and a year before the N64's release). Watching some youtube play throughs of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back