QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty quiet on here guys all good up here pre season much different to past few years.heaps of running and fitness which I’m sure will be beneficial.pretty much kept a similar list than last year which we were hoping for.lost Templeton to Aspley,young reed Gordon to Wagga and jack gleeson homesick and back to country vic.pre season training camp this weekend at Noosa with first official pre season game vs Broadbeach up here on March the 2nd.

Good to hear mate. I know UQ have picked up Quick from Broadbeach, few good uns fallen into Roos, Burleigh have picked up a few from country vic apparently, caloundra a couple of good ones too but lost a few thru retirement/travel but confident a decent group will come together. Be very young though.

Pretty quiet on here guys all good up here pre season much different to past few years.heaps of running and fitness which I’m sure will be beneficial.pretty much kept a similar list than last year which we were hoping for.lost Templeton to Aspley,young reed Gordon to Wagga and jack gleeson homesick and back to country vic.pre season training camp this weekend at Noosa with first official pre season game vs Broadbeach up here on March the 2nd.
Is Kenny, Stack and Fitzpatrick staying with the Tigers NB?

Yes bud stack is a playing assistant Kenny back up here in late February and jai staying put also after training with Aspley pre Christmas the travel to Brisy twice a week took its toll

how much does the average div 1 qfa player get paid per game ? and whats the standard of footy like ?

how much does the average div 1 qfa player get paid per game ? and whats the standard of footy like ?
An average player doesn’t get paid.the best player in the competition would get between 300-400 bucks a game and there would be a fair few blokes running around getting around 200-250 bucks a game some clubs have good cash awards and also pay say 50 bucks per win to contend the top two clubs of the past 5 years would be spending around 50k.the standard is similar to Murray league in Victoria however the three sunny coast teams and Mayne from a few years back could definitely compete in higher standard country leagues

Max $200 per game for most clubs plus BOG cash awards plus win bonus for some. So a bloke on $200 gets BOG and team wins can walk away with $450 - $500. Good coin in a non AFL state, country league.

How are panthers going for colts numbers smy? We are really struggling at Noosa with only 3 top age under 16s coming up and two of them played colts last year also.its a pretty difficult age and our priority is always of course to have them we just don’t seem to be able to hold on to them for more than 4 or 5 years.had them in 2014 only to forfeit heaps of games and pay several fines,didn’t have them in 2015 and have had colts last three years with 2017 also a massive struggle.plenty of top age 16s coming through next year and tbh the 7 or 8 really committed colts we have this year will relish playing both reserves/seniors

Colts numbers good as we have forged a relationship with Kawana but struggling with seniors! Any spare blokes send down please mate.. :)

Colts numbers good as we have forged a relationship with Kawana but struggling with seniors! Any spare blokes send down please mate.. :)
I thought as much smy with u guys and Kawana very smart and should have some quality there as Kawana juniors very strong.no overflow of senior numbers here either mate we have a good quality list of around 30/35 consistently getting to training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard Park Ridge has had to drop out of Div 1 and go all the way back to Div 4. Seems like a huge slide. Unable to field 2 teams apparently. What will that mean for Div 1. Will Yeronga come back up? or the runners up from div 2? or a 9 team comp with a Bye?. Few decisions to be made only 4 weeks or so out from round 1.

Geez, if they hold onto half their list - they've just killed Division 4 completely. Surely they're meant to go to Div 5 though?

AFLQ being a bit stubborn here by the sounds. Inconvenience about 15 clubs to effectively punish 1 club.

Have heard Park Ridge has had to drop out of Div 1 and go all the way back to Div 4. Seems like a huge slide. Unable to field 2 teams apparently. What will that mean for Div 1. Will Yeronga come back up? or the runners up from div 2? or a 9 team comp with a Bye?. Few decisions to be made only 4 weeks or so out from round 1.
9 team comp with a bye is what is happening yeah reall disappointing especially for blocker and his helpers at park ridge their senior group was pretty strong I’m hearing just no reserves

Weak reserves Div 2, promoted to Div 1 where Reserves level much stronger. Imagine 3 x annual drives to the Sunny coast to get hammered probably saw a few blokes opt to change clubs instead, such is the nature of club loyalty in the lower reaches of QFA footy.

Will Yeronga have the numbers or are they in the same predicament?

Yeah disappointing but cant say I blame AFLQ - they needed to stay strong on this or else they create a precedent 12mths after creating a new comp structure. Its not the death knell of div 1 bc 2 more byes are introduced - can see a few players pretty happy with it tbh. There is alot that goes with moving up divisions. Its damn hard.

Exactly. the idea that a club thats been around 5 years can just easily move up a Division to play a much higher standard of footy, with 3 x 3 hour round trips against 3 powerhouse clubs is probably a little far fetched.

Getting a 2's side together with the prospect of a 3 hour trip to get pumped by 150 wouldn't be too appealing, and a club thats only 5 years old can't readily hit the phones of their extensive ex players to top them up in this situation.

Maybe they should have let them in div 1 as a seniors only prospect? Seems a shame to have a quality club in the fastest growing region in SEQ about to have a huge injection of council funds for a new facility drop down to a Friday night league. (I'm not saying this just because I now have to play against these blokes either!)

Really setting back footy in a huge growth area back several years here.

It wouldnt be fair on the comp to have a seniors only side and I reckon i could guarantee that there would come a tipping point in the season that would have meant there was not many troops available. You dont think other clubs in the region will pick up the slack Thommo? From what i know beenleigh is going okay now. I'm sure PR will be back reasonably soon and probably better than this time.

Agree but aspley made do the year prior. To be successful doesn’t require you to win more than u lose either, just compete

Aspley pretty unique situation. Cashed up, access to NEAFL list and who is going where, access to all the kids who train but don't make NEAFL lists, 50 years of history.

Sounds like itsa nothing but a numbers game, their 1's wouldn't have disgraced themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back