Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s such a genuine nice bloke, lights up the room with his big grin.

Do you guys think he could make AA? IMO It’s not out of the question if his tank has improved. Some of the best short passing foot skills in the league and if he can work up the ground and maintain his solid form at the end of last year, look out!

Pumped for 2019... Footy then finale of GOT, I don’t know what I’m looking forward to more!!

He’s such a genuine nice bloke, lights up the room with his big grin.

Do you guys think he could make AA? IMO It’s not out of the question if his tank has improved. Some of the best short passing foot skills in the league and if he can work up the ground and maintain his solid form at the end of last year, look out!

Pumped for 2019... Footy then finale of GOT, I don’t know what I’m looking forward to more!!
Yep at his best Walla could be an AA. He would do it as a small forward I reckon. His finest is defintely good enough.

I feel like Walla is one of the barometers of this team. First half last season he was down, so was the team.
Second half was great from Walla, so was the team.

Or maybe it was because they sacked Neale. Probably that come to think of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Walla is one of the barometers of this team. First half last season he was down, so was the team.

Small forwards tend to play better when the ball actually comes into the forward line quickly.

He'll be the barometer of the rehab group when he pings a hammy playing AFLXXX

Similar to Fantasia, I have always found it surprising that when he's struggling they don't rotate him behind the ball for 20 minutes or so given how his first season went.

We know he can play the position and 20 minutes probably wouldn't be enough time - - without runners - - for teams to react and send a player to him to drag to the goalsquare. I just reckon it'd be an easy way to get him involved and boost confidence.

Same with half the team.
The problem with this logic is you cant drop half the team. You have to draw the line somewhere so who would you drop before him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back