Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Think of the younger players at the club this guy in front to become elite.
Has Cooke a long way from when he first came in - body shape has changed greatly, Always had the talent

Spot on. His last quarter of the season was great. He’d had big games before but that last chunk he was backing up every week. That’s a proper break out imo, very rare that a player does that and regresses. I think he can play inside, wing & high half forward. Pretty excited about his 2019

Noted that in the Dom Tyson article today that he specifically referenced Dumont.
"I didn’t know much about guys like Trent Dumont but watching him train for a couple of weeks, he’s really impressive."

The few times I've been to training myself over the last 12 months it's also been Trent who has stood out with me. Was always the last person on the track. No coincidence he's taken such exponential leaps. He's come a long way since the taxi incident and for those in the know at North no surprise that CD have rated him as elite.

That taxi incident and how we stood by him will be very good for us longer term.

Could have handled it the easier way and said see you later,

But we stood firm, found out all the crucial information and backed our lad in to the hilt.

Knowing that the club has that ability to stand by you must give froggy a lot of confidence, and will pay off in spades when it comes to his commitment back

I reckon he needs to find more 1st half impact.

Can anyone produce Trent's 1st half v 2nd half stats/impact?

RobZombie ?
It's all there in afl stats pro if you go to individual games and select "All" involvements, but it looks like it would be a bugger to try and scrape to collect enough data to make sense of.

Jesus ******* christ

The lack of a * tells me he was probably serious...

Dumont is a lifelong Essendon fan who idolises premiership captain and Brownlow Medallist James Hird.
Hird has coached the Bombers for the past three years but has been suspended from the role in 2014 because of the supplements scandal.
"I'd love to get drafted by Essendon because it's a great club and to be coached by Hird one day would be a nice bonus,'' Dumont said.
Haha was looking at the first page, and it would seem that this has been completely flushed from his system.

Looks as though he genuinely love the club, and with loving the club comes hating *.

He's got more improvement in him yet.

It's a testimony to the man that he found the inner drive to become a solid player, and I hope that curve continues to climb.
Except that he was always a solid young player with good potential, and then in 2018 he went from that to excellent player. I agree though that he still has improvement in him, which will mostly be around consistency within and across games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that he was always a solid young player with good potential, and then in 2018 he went from that to excellent player. I agree though that he still has improvement in him, which will mostly be around consistency within and across games.
And getting on the scoreboard a tad more. He’s a very good finisher around the big sticks. Almost Boomer like trust I have in Froggy’s goal kicking.

All the signs are there that he is ready to take his game to the next level, and I can't wait for it to happen.

Yep, just another example of Tefs bullshit. He was close to best on ground in an SANFL Grand Final as a 17 year old. He has always had exceptional drive. And yep, will continue to get better.

As I’ve said before, he’s very good off a HFF. With all our midfield depth Trent is one that will have no problem spending time forward, in fact he will be very dangerous.

Yep, just another example of Tefs bullshit. He was close to best on ground in an SANFL Grand Final as a 17 year old. He has always had exceptional drive. And yep, will continue to get better.

As I’ve said before, he’s very good off a HFF. With all our midfield depth Trent is one that will have no problem spending time forward, in fact he will be very dangerous.
I've always liked his swagger too. If Garner can get on the park, the two of them linking up will be worth the wait.

Yep, Tef got this one wrong. His talent has always been undeniable. Never lacked drive but had to adapt to the changes in the game and his role in the team.

Yep, Tef got this one wrong. His talent has always been undeniable. Never lacked drive but had to adapt to the changes in the game and his role in the team.

That bloke is flat out obsessed with me. I don't know whether to be flattered or disturbed.

Same goes for the serial fencesitter and resident virtue signaller TOD. That bloke should just stick to embellishing his past, then feigning false modesty with whoever he ropes in.

Could have handled it the easier way and said see you later,

But we stood firm, found out all the crucial information and backed our lad in to the hilt.

Knowing that the club has that ability to stand by you must give froggy a lot of confidence, and will pay off in spades when it comes to his commitment back

Exactly, if he continues his improvement arc, he will attract lots of attention from other clubs and the loyalty factor will be crucial.

Exactly, if he continues his improvement arc, he will attract lots of attention from other clubs and the loyalty factor will be crucial.
The Adelaide clubs have both asked about him in the past, they are well aware of his talent.

The Adelaide clubs have both asked about him in the past, they are well aware of his talent.

Yep, even noted flogosaurus Knightmare rated him pretty highly - alongside Josh Kelly and Zach Merret in the "potentially high level" bracket and him going at 20 in his draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back