Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

More disappointed that players would turn on a guy they barely know for getting with an ex of someone. Whoever that ‘important’ lions player mentioned sounds like a real effin toss.

She’s your ex for a reason bud, get over it
Can't really judge the Lions' player as the toss in this scenario until all the facts are known. If as MacMum says, some of the other players weren't happy about it either then it's likely there is more background to it that we don't know then just Ely picking up a girl that was once with a team-mate.

Picture the conundrum at years end after Harris has swaped attack/defence throughout the season and, with his apparent no fuss, just own attitude, excelled at both ends.

Do they make him all Australian forward or back? Or for the first time in history can a player be nominated for both? It is a theoretical team after all. Not like he will ever have to play both at once.

tickets for round one went on sale today. Can't come soon enough.

Seeing how Ely is being talked about for not fitting in etc......A few weeks ago I was told by a family member of a player that Ely was at a function approx xmas time, picked up a lady who happened to be the ex of one of our very important players......and some of the other players weren't happy about it and at that stage the club wasn't aware of it.

If this is true or even close to it, then may explain why he isn't fitting in.
Not sure why the club need to care about something like this let alone be made aware of it.

Not sure why the club need to care about something like this let alone be made aware of it.

A: That was not my quote, it is what the person told me....

B: If this is accurate or at least thereabouts, the club most surely would want to know so that it does not bring discord amongst the group....nip it in the bud before it festers would be my guess.

Picture the conundrum at years end after Harris has swaped attack/defence throughout the season and, with his apparent no fuss, just own attitude, excelled at both ends.

Do they make him all Australian forward or back? Or for the first time in history can a player be nominated for both? It is a theoretical team after all. Not like he will ever have to play both at once.

tickets for round one went on sale today. Can't come soon enough.

Pavlich got slotted in at CHB in a year he didn't play there, so Andrews will probably make it as the ruck.

For the first time in quite a long time, I'm not counting on the input of last years draft picks in any way to shape the success of our season. Whoever stays stays, whoever leaves leaves. So be it. We'll be adequately compensated. Pretty much all to a man have bought in. Personally I couldn't be happier with where everything sits right now with our club.

Never stopped the All Australian selectors screwing Mal Michael out of at least one AA jumper between 01-04 (when he was clearly the best FB in the league) when they named Matthew Pavlich the AA FB after Pav played forward all year. For all of Mal's misgivings, I am still dirty that not once did he get an AA jumper, particularly the year Pavlich was named FB as described.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club could learn a thing or two about this drama with Ely.

Perhaps at the end of next season when the club gives the new draftees the club handbook about life in Brisbane, details of where the boys live etc. (those at the draft night dinner in Melbourne will recall the level of detail the club goes to when giving the new draftees this handbook) that it includes a new section; Girls (or boys) not to pick up including a picture and bio of said girl, that way the new draftees won't accidentally hook up with someone that the rest of the boys will frown upon.

More disappointed that players would turn on a guy they barely know for getting with an ex of someone. Whoever that ‘important’ lions player mentioned sounds like a real effin toss.

She’s your ex for a reason bud, get over it

And how was he even to know? By the sounds of it he met her that night.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the club could learn a thing or two about this drama with Ely.

Perhaps at the end of next season when the club gives the new draftees the club handbook about life in Brisbane, details of where the boys live etc. (those at the draft night dinner in Melbourne will recall the level of detail the club goes to when giving the new draftees this handbook) that it includes a new section; Girls (or boys) not to pick up including a picture and bio of said girl, that way the new draftees won't accidentally hook up with someone that the rest of the boys will frown upon.
You're kidding, right? I'm not sure if this is tongue in cheek or serious suggestion.

Ely's bio said he had quick hands and was good in close. I love it when our recruiters get it right.

Didn’t say that he was too serious and introverted to make friends and likes to get with teammates exes?

Ely's bio said he had quick hands and was good in close. I love it when our recruiters get it right.
Yes but they didn’t know his nickname is Wombat

These young fellas would have testosterone going through the roof and a rampant overpowering libido, shagging would be going on all the time, personally I can't see a problem getting it on with someones x in a consensual hookup. Being an x partner the player has no say whatsoever re who his x gets it on with.

Now if whoever it is is going round shagging other players current partners that is a different matter altogether and would lead to massive player conflict.

In short it's none of our business IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back