Racing February Daily Punt- The Winx Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
So who's loading up on Loving Gaby for the BD?

Athiri a massive danger if it draws well enough, stable is firing on all cylinders atm. J Mac cooked it last start sitting it 3 wide for the trip, it's debut win was very good.

Shotmaker debut run was super impressive as well running on against the track bias.
Im on Shotmaker at $15s

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Redzel’s a very good horse, but has been a turn taker just as much as the others the last couple of seasons. Spring 2017 he was the clear standout. On his day is possibly still the best sprinter, and definitely is in the wet. But he’s been beaten on a pretty consistent basis in group 1’s recently. Santa Ana Lane, In Her Time and Trapeze Artist can all claim to be the current best on their day along side him.

Nature Strip and Osborne Bulls need to win a major feature sprint before being put in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Redzel’s a very good horse, but has been a turn taker just as much as the others the last couple of seasons. Spring 2017 he was the clear standout. On his day is possibly still the best sprinter, and definitely is in the wet. But he’s been beaten on a pretty consistent basis in group 1’s recently. Santa Ana Lane, In Her Time and Trapeze Artist can all claim to be the current best on their day along side him.

Nature Strip and Osborne Bulls need to win a major feature sprint before being put in the conversation.
Starting to think Redzels conquerors Trapeze Artist and Redkirk Warrior are head cases who had a career peak in winning.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Starting to think Redzels conquerors Trapeze Artist and Redkirk Warrior are head cases who had a career peak in winning.
That might end up being true. But it’s not like Trapeze Artist fell off a cliff after the T.J, he beat all bar Redzel home in the Everest two starts back. SAL and In Her Time also went straight past him 2 of their last 3 meetings. I mean he’s still very good, and clearly has the best cv of the bunch, but when they all meet in the Autumn I’ll be surprised if he’s a stand out favourite.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nature Strip is clearly the best sprinter over 1000m, may win the Oakleigh plate but had a sure fire group 1 taken away from him by not running in the lightnning. The rest of the sprinters are just all even. They arent a great bunch and i cant see too many coming up in the near future TBO, maybe Eduardo can take the next step. Vega Magic is forgotten but has the ability beat all of these on a dry track.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Nature Strip is clearly the best sprinter over 1000m, may win the Oakleigh plate but had a sure fire group 1 taken away from him by not running in the lightnning. The rest of the sprinters are just all even. They arent a great bunch and i cant see too many coming up in the near future TBO, maybe Eduardo can take the next step. Vega Magic is forgotten but has the ability beat all of these on a dry track.
Not sure how you can say Nature Strip is clearly the best over 1000m? The only time he’s taken on the top level over the trip he finished 8th of 11, and the start before against the next level down he beat Houtzen by a lip. I’m not against him and he brings a new interest to the sprint ranks, and he might end up proving himself, but he’s more hype than substance at the moment.

Lol wut? I know you have some weird hero worship of the Ryan stable but TA has done jack s**t as an older horse and hasn't even won a race since he was 3 so on what basis can he be the best in the land. IHT just fell in in the weakest lightning in years and repeatedly gets flogged by the likes of SAL and Redzel.

Redzel has won 4 of his last 8 in G1 company + Everests and has been 2nd in 4 of those defeats - all at WFA. Anyone who doesn't think he is the clear top sprinter is obviously still angry at him for winning majors at ludicrous prices time and time again.

Yes SAL has won 4 from his last 7 in G1 + Everest but 3 of those 4 wins were handicaps. I reckon Redzel would be a sneaky chance in a Rupert Clarke with 52.5 just quietly.

That might end up being true. But it’s not like Trapeze Artist fell off a cliff after the T.J, he beat all bar Redzel home in the Everest two starts back. SAL and In Her Time also went straight past him 2 of their last 3 meetings. I mean he’s still very good, and clearly has the best cv of the bunch, but when they all meet in the Autumn I’ll be surprised if he’s a stand out favourite.

He has never been a stand out favourite because he is not a hype horse like Kem the Cat - doesn't stop him winning more often than the rest of them. He has been the greatest friend to punters in the last decade I can remember :thumbsu:

That was prob Reds worst run last 10 races

That's the thing about the Redzel haters - they rate him on his worst runs and his rivals on their best. ;)

It's not to late to join the promised land Comrades!

L O *ing L

Another insane entry from Heathy joins the list!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back