Multiplat Anthem

Remove this Banner Ad

PC and Xbox users on Access/Premier. That thing that Sony decided the players wouldn’t be interested in. #fortheplayers
Man that sucks. Fmd Sony.

NPCs in the Fort just dribble on.

Besides the lack of real end game at the moment I think this can work. Give me a reason to log on once a week because I’m missing a good looter at the moment. I’m burned out on Diablo and having Division 2 plus this each week will keep me sorted for a long time for my online looter fix.

I’ve gone with Storm as my main javelin. Unlocked Interceptor but haven’t really used it. Will probably end up using that or Ranger by the end as everyone is using Storm or Colussus.

silverscope up for some of the free roam stuff at some point? Need to do some tomb things but whenever loading into free roam with randoms they are always doing something else.

I’ve gone with Storm as my main javelin. Unlocked Interceptor but haven’t really used it. Will probably end up using that or Ranger by the end as everyone is using Storm or Colussus.

silverscope up for some of the free roam stuff at some point? Need to do some tomb things but whenever loading into free roam with randoms they are always doing something else.

I've been enjoying this game atm, rolling ranger i think its got the right balance and you are basically iron man. Playing on PC Moderate-Form if anyone needs more friends

After 11 hours I'm still not done with the story. Missions are getting cooler with some fun bosses and I'm starting to find my groove. The graphics are nuts when everyone is firing off all of their abilities at ones. Look forward to seeing what max level gear and crafting will be like.

Currently my customisation has a Destiny vibe as I've gone for the Calus's Selected shader colours.

Anthem Screenshot 2019.02.18 - 00.06.16.14.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game has far surpassed my expectations so far.... End game content the only worry. Running a Colossus at the moment simply because all my other mates were playing the other classes.

But i love it, its like playing as a Hulk Buster. Been running both flamethrower and fire wall....then just using melee as the detonator or just wait for the Storm to nail them with Lightning etc

This game has far surpassed my expectations so far.... End game content the only worry. Running a Colossus at the moment simply because all my other mates were playing the other classes.

But i love it, its like playing as a Hulk Buster. Been running both flamethrower and fire wall....then just using melee as the detonator or just wait for the Storm to nail them with Lightning etc

I’m just trying to get through the story in my own terms but keen to team up once I hit ‘end game’, what’s er it might be.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with this one. Open beta was meh at best, will see how it evolves and revisit towards the end of the year.

I may give the 10 hour trial a go through EA Access at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you have any interest at all then it’s probably better to jump in now while it’s hot imo. As much as some of us are enjoying it I think it will bomb hard. It’s getting hammered and the negative camp are definitely the loudest. It does a lot of its core gameplay right but there are some massive issues in other aspects and the longevity will leave a lot to be desired. Like Destiny you can tell the project has been rebooted as large parts seem disjointed. At this stage it’s going to need a Diablo 3 or Division style revision if it’s got any chance.

Apparently it has a massive ‘day one’ patch this week for the release (even though it is already out lol) which will address a lot of things. So maybe even wait and see what that brings and I’ll let you know if anything improves if you like.

If you have any interest at all then it’s probably better to jump in now while it’s hot imo. As much as some of us are enjoying it I think it will bomb hard. It’s getting hammered and the negative camp are definitely the loudest. It does a lot of its core gameplay right but there are some massive issues in other aspects and the longevity will leave a lot to be desired. Like Destiny you can tell the project has been rebooted as large parts seem disjointed. At this stage it’s going to need a Diablo 3 or Division style revision if it’s got any chance.

Apparently it has a massive ‘day one’ patch this week for the release (even though it is already out lol) which will address a lot of things. So maybe even wait and see what that brings and I’ll let you know if anything improves if you like.

This is fairly accurate for people sitting on the fence. I still think it has promise however if they don't have their ducks in order by Div 2 release.... this game could bomb very very quickly

You can actually see where there is a massive seam in the game. Probably the first half of the story is super bland and the missions themselves aren't too flash. Once you get to the General Tarsis stuff and onward though majority of the story missions are quite epic in scope and the new NPCs at the Fort, while still dull and borderline annoying, actually have some pretty in depth stories. Many are complaining about the grindy open world part to open the tombs before the General Tarsis stuff because it sticks out like a sore thumb, but that's the exact moment you can see where the game was cut and redone.

It was reported a couple years back that the project was rebooted. I'm guessing the original plan was there to be a much more involved open world element as at the moment besides that one mission then all there is to do is some pretty dull public events. I'm also guessing there was a much grander first half of the story planned and/or scrapped for whatever reason so in a hastily fashion we got the really simple missions that we did. The important characters don't even really come into the game until this second half. The first half is just so bland and rushed. I don't care about Freemarch, don't really know anything about the Dominion, Shapers, Relics, the Anthem aren't even fully covered.

This feels just like Destiny at the start, except the story is about twice as long, maybe a little more, but you don't get a cool raid at the end. There is a really good foundation and I think it will get there but that's only if it survives the next 6 months.

You can actually see where there is a massive seam in the game. Probably the first half of the story is super bland and the missions themselves aren't too flash. Once you get to the General Tarsis stuff and onward though majority of the story missions are quite epic in scope and the new NPCs at the Fort, while still dull and borderline annoying, actually have some pretty in depth stories. Many are complaining about the grindy open world part to open the tombs before the General Tarsis stuff because it sticks out like a sore thumb, but that's the exact moment you can see where the game was cut and redone.

It was reported a couple years back that the project was rebooted. I'm guessing the original plan was there to be a much more involved open world element as at the moment besides that one mission then all there is to do is some pretty dull public events. I'm also guessing there was a much grander first half of the story planned and/or scrapped for whatever reason so in a hastily fashion we got the really simple missions that we did. The important characters don't even really come into the game until this second half. The first half is just so bland and rushed. I don't care about Freemarch, don't really know anything about the Dominion, Shapers, Relics, the Anthem aren't even fully covered.

This feels just like Destiny at the start, except the story is about twice as long, maybe a little more, but you don't get a cool raid at the end. There is a really good foundation and I think it will get there but that's only if it survives the next 6 months.

So what you're saying in a nutshell, is that the first half of the game was made last and feels like it was put together in a rush..but the second half of the game is epic?

So what you're saying in a nutshell, is that the first half of the game was made last and feels like it was put together in a rush..but the second half of the game is epic?

Pretty much. Maybe not quite epic, but certainly more thought has gone into it and most likely recycled while the first half was scrapped and redone in a hurry.

Upper Echelon Gaming makes good videos about Anthem. He says the game is incomplete and is absolutely not worth buying in its current state. He thinks the game has potential and may be worth it further down the road if they release some big updates to fix all the problems and add more content.

Upper Echelon Gaming makes good videos about Anthem. He says the game is incomplete and is absolutely not worth buying in its current state. He thinks the game has potential and may be worth it further down the road if they release some big updates to fix all the problems and add more content.

The issue with this is (if true) is people would have moved along to different games before this even becomes "good". Gamer's have a very short attention span and move onto the next thing very quickly

FWIW there is a game day patch for stability and then early march the first Act starts which is a lot more end game content, weekly missions, cataclysms, weapons etc. People forget we are in the early access of a looter shooter/RPG.... not many games get it right straight away. Diablo 1 and 2 the only exceptions i can think of quickly

I am having way more fun playing this with mates then I ever did with Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back