NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn’t have a problem with any of Bogut, Ware or Cotton finishing MVP. I agree that Kings without Bogut would miss the playoffs. Good debate for the league though.

Perth/Brisbane series should be interesting. Haven’t played each other since December and series is 2 all. Patterson now settled in the Brisbane team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotton not MVP
Gleeson not COTY
Kay not Most Improved
Martin no DPOY

Nek minit, Homicide on Bill & Boz teeing off on the "Red Army" and saying "I got nothing but respect for Perth. But...".

Cotton isnt MVP.
What Bogut did to the Kings team that came dead last last year is remarkable.

Gleeson was close but would of put Vickerman ahead of him(and I hate Melbourne).

Bogut was the standout DPOY

Kay possibly unlucky.

Dont blame him.
Red army act like they are the greatest supporters in the league. But I wonder if they would still fill the joint or even half of it if the Cats spent a few seasons at the bottom?
It is an amazing effort by the club to be so consistent in making finals for as long as they have.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cotton is the people's MVP. He carried Perth during the year when a bunch of players were missing.

Bogut has been huge for Sydney but he's hardly a one man band. Huge on the defensive end but I kind of expected him to be a 20 & 10 player and monstering teams at both ends. Three imports in Turner, Wear and Randle (MVP 2017) plus Lisch (MVP 2012, 2016) who is naturalised and Bowen as a freebie under the NBL Next Stars scheme, and a couple of handy guys in Newley and Kickert. That's not the roster of a team that should come last.

The only one that bemuses me is Gleeson not making the 3 man short list for COTY in an 8 team comp. I mean his team both finished on top after 28 games and had a pretty challenging season. I'd like to know how they came up with their top 3 in that.

The Red Army are the best supporters in the league. 13,000 fans to a game in a competition there the average is about 6,000. And it's not like tickets are cheap either. Melbourne fans have seen multiple teams come and go, Sydney fans have seen the Razorbacks die and the Kings drop out of the NBL, Brisbane fans have seen the Bullets drop out for 8 years... there's be another secession vote at the prospect of an NBL without Perth in it.

The team has an incredible record of winning titles but the 'finals every year for 34 years' thing is overblown. Not missing the top 4 since it came in in 2009/10 is amazing, but in years gone by making the finals meant finishing 7th out of 11 teams with a negative win-loss record.

But yeah, I fully expect Homicide to be up and about. It's his thing.

There is absolutely no way he is close to being as valuable as Cotton.
Ware is great but Cotton was well above him.

Ware was neck and neck with Randle.

Based on what?

Ware is Melbourne’s best and most important player by a mile.

Perth still won games without Cotton, so their roster can’t be too bad. Cotton finished the season well which most people naturally remember. He had some flat spots during the season. Ware is somehow penalised because he played every game.

Ware and Bogut are head and shoulders above Cotton defensively and should be duly recognised for it.

Ware shutdown Cotton on Sunday, there’s no way Cotton could do a similar job on Ware or Randle, etc.

Cotton also shines as he has everything run for him in the Perth offence. I understand that’s by necessity but it needs to be factored in.

Cotton is a great player no doubt but this year he wasn’t as good as Bogut or Ware and they votes reflected it.

Last edited:
The Red Army are the best supporters in the league. 13,000 fans to a game in a competition there the average is about 6,000. And it's not like tickets are cheap either.

What is not appreciated on the east coast is how much more expensive tickets are in Perth compared to Sydney and Melbourne.

What is not appreciated on the east coast is how much more expensive tickets are in Perth compared to Sydney and Melbourne.

Which is the case for most sports.

Finish at the bottom for a few years and draw that and then I'll be impressed.

Ha. Cute.

Melbourne are the reigning champs in a city of just under 5m people. Sydney are top 4 and have a star studded roster including Andrew ******* Bogut and have over 5m people to themselves.

But yeah, Perth fans are bandwagoners for consistently drawing more from fewer than half the people.

Ha. Cute.

Melbourne are the reigning champs in a city of just under 5m people. Sydney are top 4 and have a star studded roster including Andrew ******* Bogut and have over 5m people to themselves.

But yeah, Perth fans are bandwagoners for consistently drawing more from fewer than half the people.

And honest.

Yep our supporters arent the greatest no doubt. But we have been bottom for some time.

As I said it's easy to draw big when you've never been at the bottom of the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back