Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

:D

I was actually hoping for the video mate, but thanks anyway.:thumbsu:
Found it on a backup hard drive. Uploaded below(just update [dot] to . as BF still can't embed streamable tags Chief ):

https://streamable[dot]com/o38n1

“We’re still yet to see exactly where he’s going to play, but he’s set himself up for a good year.” - Bulldog Moore.

Gotta say I really hate this. He's one of our best prospects, just choose a position for him and let him settle in. Thrown McDonald around for the last few seasons (previously spoken of as one of our best prospects) and look what that has done to him.

“We’re still yet to see exactly where he’s going to play, but he’s set himself up for a good year.” - Bulldog Moore.

Gotta say I really hate this. He's one of our best prospects, just choose a position for him and let him settle in. Thrown McDonald around for the last few seasons (previously spoken of as one of our best prospects) and look what that has done to him.
I don't see anything wrong with playing forward/midfield. He's not in our A midfield group yet so he's going to rotate through with fair chunks of game time forward.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see anything wrong with playing forward/midfield. He's not in our A midfield group yet so he's going to rotate through with fair chunks of game time forward.

Previous quote is:

“He’s been training the house down, so we’re hoping to see more of him in the midfield, but he’s versatile enough to play on the wing, at half-forward as well as through the middle,” stoppage coach Jarred Moore told North Media.

I expect him to play some amount mid and some amount forward but I'd much rather hear "we see him as a 50/50 mid and forward" than "We’re still yet to see exactly where he’s going to play" while he's still developing.

Previous quote is:

“He’s been training the house down, so we’re hoping to see more of him in the midfield, but he’s versatile enough to play on the wing, at half-forward as well as through the middle,” stoppage coach Jarred Moore told North Media.

I expect him to play some amount mid and some amount forward but I'd much rather hear "we see him as a 50/50 mid and forward" than "We’re still yet to see exactly where he’s going to play" while he's still developing.

There won't be many midfielders we don't rotate through the forward line this year, so Jy is just another one.

I agree with passmore that this will be his eventual role.

Previous quote is:

He'll probably be 30/70 mid/fwd at this stage. Maybe 40/60. I guess it depends on injuries and form. His and others. We probably legitimately don't know how much midfield time he'll get.

I wouldn't get caught up in throw away lines in puff peices.

He'll probably be 30/70 mid/fwd at this stage. Maybe 40/60. I guess it depends on injuries and form. His and others. We probably legitimately don't know how much midfield time he'll get.

I wouldn't get caught up in throw away lines in puff peices.

They should put him in a back pocket to teach him defensive accountability.

this is exactly what they were saying last preseason. jy was primed for the midfield before he had that injury set back. they still gave him plenty of opportunity but he probably didnt do as well as expected. he still came on really well in general i thought, and probably ended up playing close to 70/30 forward-mid last year.

i think its going to depend on his form. personally i think hes going to explode and will be playing more than 50% midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back