Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feast your eyes and chols campaigners

View attachment 621698
Nice. Love the different players in the mids. Definite value there. Think Miles scores more than Libba but that's just my opinion. The sausage king in the rucks intriguing. How does he handle the pace of the game after being away from it? You obviously think he's a fair sniff:moustache:. Old man Mundy's past his used by date for mine. Think the new breed in Dunkley, McLean, T.Kelly, Wingard and Dev Smith are all better options at a similar price. With Neale gone I do see Mundy's scoring increasing, or at the very least staying where it is, he won't go backwards. I do believe though those I've mentioned have more upside. Again, just my opinion(You know what they say, opinions are like ar$eholes, everyone's got one, and they all stink!).

View attachment 621698

Don't mind taking a shot on Mumford although I don't see it panning out
Favourite POD is the Sloane pick, least favourite Redden
I know Jack finished the year strong! but just can't see him turning into a reliable 105+ scorer which you would really want if paying 500+k for a midfielder.

I'd consider Mundy > Chad or Roberton > Quaynor / Logue if plays
& upgrade Redden to a true premo mid - Fyfe / Jelly / Neale etc..

Nice. Love the different players in the mids. Definite value there. Think Miles scores more than Libba but that's just my opinion. The sausage king in the rucks intriguing. How does he handle the pace of the game after being away from it? You obviously think he's a fair sniff:moustache:. Old man Mundy's past his used by date for mine. Think the new breed in Dunkley, McLean, T.Kelly, Wingard and Dev Smith are all better options at a similar price. With Neale gone I do see Mundy's scoring increasing, or at the very least staying where it is, he won't go backwards. I do believe though those I've mentioned have more upside. Again, just my opinion(You know what they say, opinions are like ar$eholes, everyone's got one, and they all stink!).
Don't mind taking a shot on Mumford although I don't see it panning out
Favourite POD is the Sloane pick, least favourite Redden
I know Jack finished the year strong! but just can't see him turning into a reliable 105+ scorer which you would really want if paying 500+k for a midfielder.

I'd consider Mundy > Chad or Roberton > Quaynor / Logue if plays
& upgrade Redden to a true premo mid - Fyfe / Jelly / Neale etc..

Cheers for the imput kentlemen.

Mundy has been Dunkley for 90% of the time since I went cold on Chad. Also had JJK and Dunkley in at F5 but that was with Goldy being Preuss :drunk::moustache:

Roberton I like. Still not sold on Collins but reckon intercepting defenders will score well this year.

Really want Macrae but getting him in really kills the structure and depth at F5/D5. Redden stays. Hes underpriced and strikes me as the type to get better rather than have a premiership hangover. He will likely stay as my M8/9 all year.

Really liking this team with at least one premo ruck. Now we wait for JLT.
Hurry up FFS :fire:

Cheers for the imput kentlemen.

Mundy has been Dunkley for 90% of the time since I went cold on Chad. Also had JJK and Dunkley in at F5 but that was with Goldy being Preuss :drunk::moustache:

Roberton I like. Still not sold on Collins but reckon intercepting defenders will score well this year.

Really want Macrae but getting him in really kills the structure and depth at F5/D5. Redden stays. Hes underpriced and strikes me as the type to get better rather than have a premiership hangover. He will likely stay as my M8/9 all year.

Really liking this team with at least one premo ruck. Now we wait for JLT.
Hurry up FFS :fire:

Fair enough,
Yeah if you've got the nads to go with one premo ruckman certainly opens lots of opportunities elsewhere.
If Collins plays I think he'll score alright - definitely not a lock to play though.

Yes, but a $117k rookie will save you $75k .... likely score similar & appreciate more

The major question will be .... will there be a shortage of midfield rookies requiring the selection of Walsh ..... that’s the only justification for him IMO
Doubt there will be a shortage of midfield rookies.

View attachment 621698
Like the tasty fwd line and bold ruck strategy. Hurn a solid POD. Yeo is tempting me but I think he'll be tagged over Shuey at times.
Don't like Redden(not a Premo) or Sloane (too taggable has Hewett and Jacobs rounds 2+4).
Can I suggest Roberton or Smith > rookie
And Redden + Sloane > 2 of Oliver, Fyfe, Dusty, Neale

Doubt there will be a shortage of midfield rookies.

Like the tasty fwd line and bold ruck strategy. Hurn a solid POD. Yeo is tempting me but I think he'll be tagged over Shuey at times.
Don't like Redden(not a Premo) or Sloane (too taggable has Hewett and Jacobs rounds 2+4).
Can I suggest Roberton or Smith > rookie
And Redden + Sloane > 2 of Oliver, Fyfe, Dusty, Neale
Definitely under consideration mate. I had Shuey and he became Yeo. I reckon Yeo will cop a tag which makes him priced at his ceiling.
Shuey and Redden are under priced. Redden wont go 115 but he shoukd go 105-110 and priced below that.
Nice role for the new rules. No competition for his spot. Hitting his peak.
Nice reliable cheap consistent scorer for the year.

Sloane im still 50/50 on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumford at R2 & Forte R3 is an all chips in gamble ..... i reckon there are other areas you should gamble, which you’ll have better backup options on the bench
Nah fugg that.

Balls all in mate. Even looking to drop Mummy for Preuss or even Goldy for Darcy

View attachment 621923
First go...111k in the bank
Blakely is injured. Hunter is a great player but not top premo material playing on the wing. DeGoey will he get enough mid time/kick enough goals to be a keeper?
I'd downgrade Libba or Smith to Bewley and use the cash to upgrade those 3 players.
Or Crouch/Merrett are a straight swap for Hunter. DeGoey to Toby Greene if named another option.
I like the Steele pick though and structure is sound, just needs a little tweaking.

Version #427 probably.
BUT, I am pretty set on this structure. JLT will decide on rookies and possibly the odd POD, but I think this is probably the most strategic and safe first up team I have ever made and i'd be pretty happy taking it into round 1 with everyone healthy and named.
Only Big Boy and Sloane as genuine POD's. Big Boy has averaged 100 over the past to seasons and is a perfect, reliable choice to tide me over until possibly bringing in Gawn if required. Only chose him over Goldstein because I had Goldy last season and i'm not convinced I can get that lucky again.
Sloane should at least average 100 and if he is fit and raring to go could be a great scorer with not many having him.
Witherden, Williams and Smith are risks down back but could easily all end up keepers if they have seasons worthy of their potential.
Stacked forward line is hopefully just set and forget.
Keen eye being cast on all the rookies through the JLT to get those selections right.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 6.55.41 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back