Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Lynch comes in when ready. He's actually doing some match simulation by the videos we've seen. So he can't be too far off. But not really match fit you'd think.

The interesting one to me the ruck thing. We plan on a second ruck. So either go for a full on ruck (Soldo or CCJ) and play Nank as a big ruck rover. Or play a mobile tall (Balta or Chol) are back up ruck that can do a role otherwise.

I have no idea, but in some ways I'd look at Soldo first up to bash and crash against better tap rucks. If his fitness has improved then I reckon he'll do a decent job. If CCJ is as good they say then maybe he'll leapfrog. CCJ will kill Soldo when he's mature in body.

As for playing Balta or Chol. They'd have to be able to do a good roel around the ground or as a KPF. Do we need that? No. Unless Tom is not in, then maybe play one for structure.

I reckon if we played a genuine tall ruck and Nank we could come out ahead. Nank could easily be worthwhile resting forward and hitting contests around the ground. Then the other tall tries to smash bodies and play a kick behind.

having said all that I don't know them well enough to know how we'd play another ruck. But given Nank's weakness is taps, it seems silly if we don't brign in a tap ruck.

I reckon my fav option is playing Garthwaite in the backline (over broad for instance), having Rance roam free. Then when Nank goes off for a rest, Garth takes the ruck and Rance moves to his opponent.

Feels like it wont disturb our set up too much, plus Garth looked decent in the ruck against the dons last preseason when Nank got a head knock early in the game.

I reckon my fav option is playing Garthwaite in the backline (over broad for instance), having Rance roam free. Then when Nank goes off for a rest, Garth takes the ruck and Rance moves to his opponent.

Feels like it wont disturb our set up too much, plus Garth looked decent in the ruck against the dons last preseason when Nank got a head knock early in the game.

ooh that sounds like it could work. Could leave us over tall down back. But I like it.

ooh that sounds like it could work. Could leave us over tall down back. But I like it.

Yeh youd definitely be sacrificing some speed in the backline, would mean Grimes is pretty much exclusively on smalls.

I love the idea of Rance roaming around though, feel like he would absolute destroy teams offensive movement

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch comes in when ready. He's actually doing some match simulation by the videos we've seen. So he can't be too far off. But not really match fit you'd think.

The interesting one to me the ruck thing. We plan on a second ruck. So either go for a full on ruck (Soldo or CCJ) and play Nank as a big ruck rover. Or play a mobile tall (Balta or Chol) are back up ruck that can do a role otherwise.

I have no idea, but in some ways I'd look at Soldo first up to bash and crash against better tap rucks. If his fitness has improved then I reckon he'll do a decent job. If CCJ is as good they say then maybe he'll leapfrog. CCJ will kill Soldo when he's mature in body.

As for playing Balta or Chol. They'd have to be able to do a good roel around the ground or as a KPF. Do we need that? No. Unless Tom is not in, then maybe play one for structure.

I reckon if we played a genuine tall ruck and Nank we could come out ahead. Nank could easily be worthwhile resting forward and hitting contests around the ground. Then the other tall tries to smash bodies and play a kick behind.

having said all that I don't know them well enough to know how we'd play another ruck. But given Nank's weakness is taps, it seems silly if we don't brign in a tap ruck.
Weather or not Lynch is available i think we have to go 3 talls plus Jack.
This is why i think Caddy will be pushed further up the ground to a wing.
Coaching staff will earn their pay in the first half a doz games for sure.Sorting out the right combo's.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Weather or not Lynch is available i think we have to go 3 talls plus Jack.
This is why i think Caddy will be pushed further up the ground to a wing.
Coaching staff will earn their pay in the first half a doz games for sure.Sorting out the right combo's.

Caddy is a good player in the forward line because he can read the play, take a grab and defenders have limited space to move.

Caddy anywhere else sucks. He becomes a cardboard cutout in the open plains of the midfield.

Yeh youd definitely be sacrificing some speed in the backline, would mean Grimes is pretty much exclusively on smalls.

I love the idea of Rance roaming around though, feel like he would absolute destroy teams offensive movement

But it would start to restrict our flexibility elsewhere. Interesting idea though.

But it would start to restrict our flexibility elsewhere. Interesting idea though.

Would it though?

If we replaced Broad with Garth in our 22 its just defender for defender, not as if broad gives much offense anyway. Plus, it will allow Rance to provide more offense,

Funnily enough Broad and Garth are both 192cm (I had to double check myself)

Funnily enough Broad and Garth are both 192cm (I had to double check myself)

dont think those heights are up to date, garth has grown

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Caddy is a good player in the forward line because he can read the play, take a grab and defenders have limited space to move.

Caddy anywhere else sucks. He becomes a cardboard cutout in the open plains of the midfield.
I actually agree with the cardboard.lol.Think Nank has a better turning circle than Caddy.But can't see caddy up fwd if we go the 3 talls path.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

That’s actually complete nonsense, his ball use in the middle of the ground is very good , his only fault is that he lacks a yard. Can still have an impact in bursts in the middle

That’s actually complete nonsense, his ball use in the middle of the ground is very good , his only fault is that he lacks a yard. Can still have an impact in bursts in the middle
I agree
Smarter than he looks and his first three steps are as fast as anyone but top speed isn’t elite.

With Lynch delayed slightly, Moore or Weller can come in.
Moore 193 cm, 92 kg.
Weller 182 cm, 85 kg.
No drama.

We may even play both with reports that Riewoldt might not play round 1 due to his baby being due around the same time
We could even end up playing say Moore and Chol or Balta in order to keep our two tall forward structure that we are moving to this year

Sorry to be blunt but some of you guys are ******* peanuts like that gave him for more then 1 year what’s the point of rushing him to play early season when we need him at the pointy end and the entirety of his contract and beyond.

Sorry to be blunt but some of you guys are ******* peanuts like that gave him for more then 1 year what’s the point of rushing him to play early season when we need him at the pointy end and the entirety of his contract and beyond.

Exactly.

I personally cant see him playing before round 4/5, which is literally no problem.

When he's ready play Lynch.

If we don't have Lynch or Jack round 1 then we have to go in with whatever we have. That'll be interesting. Maybe CCJ and Moore. Watch the 'experts' heads explode then. Especially when we still win

It’s not the first knee he’s done and he’s a lock for seven years.
He has to get that knee 100% the way he can run around with the frame he’s got.
He’s fu.kin massive..bigger than Richo when he was playing.
We play the collywobbles rnd 2 and rnd 19.

Revenge doesn’t have to be a one off does it?

We may even play both with reports that Riewoldt might not play round 1 due to his baby being due around the same time
We could even end up playing say Moore and Chol or Balta in order to keep our two tall forward structure that we are moving to this year

Yeah, we’re ****ed for R1. Will only win R1 by 3 goals now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back