Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-18/finally-good-injury-news-for-magpies-as-stars-return

Gun ruckman Brodie Grundy (toe) and star defender Jack Crisp (hip and back) showed they were over their ailments during modified match simulation at Olympic Park on Monday morning.

The dashing Crisp, who had post-season hip surgery and has since managed a back issue, completed part of the main session on Friday before upping his workload on Monday.

The return of this influential pair is welcome news for the Pies given the concerns over star forwards Jordan De Goey (mid-foot sprain), Will Hoskin-Elliott (knee) and defender Jeremy Howe (thigh).

Away from the main group, midfielders Adam Treloar and Tom Phillips were joined for some running by injury-prone trio in defender Darcy Moore and forwards Jamie Elliott and Ben Reid, along with Callum Brown and Rupert Wills.

Phillips was sore after Friday's match simulation, as was improving runner Josh Daicos, who completed some run-throughs by himself as he tried to deal with a corked left thigh.

Veteran full-back Lynden Dunn continued to ramp up his training in his quest for an early-season return from a knee reconstruction, while fellow knee victim Matthew Scharenberg diligently went about a series of strengthening and agility exercises.

In the match simulation session in relatively confined space, Dayne Beams was one of the notables to show his class, finishing his work by nailing a left-foot snap.

So we still have a few injuries to contend with 5 weeks out before season proper starts.......Oh well faithfull just hope we make top 4 and have our best players on the park when the whips are cracking during finals.If we do, no one will stop us this time around.

GO PIES!

Season must be Close. 2 Injuries in 2 Weeks

So we still have a few injuries to contend with 5 weeks out before season proper starts.......Oh well faithfull just hope we make top 4 and have our best players on the park when the whips are cracking during finals.If we do, no one will stop us this time around.

GO PIES!

Our best players is so open tho this year will be very interesting in terms of our best 22 and i hope the whole squad applies pressure to get into the Senior Team.

Beardless Goldy looks 10 years younger.

IMG_4966.JPG
IMG_4968.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG
IMG_4970.JPG
IMG_4980.JPG
IMG_4984.JPG
IMG_4986.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2019-02-18/training-monday-motion

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Melbourne is apparently going to live stream the match against us

No mention of it on the MFC site as yet. I'm sure someone will post a link.

I’ll be wagging work Friday to go down for a squizz.

A break from footy has been healthy after the GF heartbreak, but I’m starting to champ at the bit now seeing pics of Beamsy et al on the track.

It has begun!

Yep. It be great going to the Footy Again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just barracking for no more injuries. Reckon Goldsack does look different without the beard. Think Moore with the blond hairdo looks quite different from when he first came to the club.

lethalburns

All Australian
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have high hopes for the boys this year. Lots of depth.
On another note (and I know I'm an armchair critic), a lot of guys had untidy ball drops in the slow mo training video.
Treloar, Adams, Sidey, Goldsack, Moore all released the ball high and the ball hit their foot on a strange angle.
Isaac Quaynor and Grundy had the most tidy/controlled kicking actions.

Have high hopes for the boys this year. Lots of depth.
On another note (and I know I'm an armchair critic), however, a lot of guys had untidy ball drops in the slow mo training video.
Treloar, Adams and Sidey all released the ball high and the ball hit their foot on a strange angle.
Isaac Quaynor had one of the more tidy kicking actions.
Was thinking exactly the same on the ball drops.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ll be wagging work Friday to go down for a squizz.

A break from footy has been healthy after the GF heartbreak, but I’m starting to champ at the bit now seeing pics of Beamsy et al on the track.

It has begun!

Feeling exactly the same. Wish I could get down as well but I'll be keeping an eye out for streaming, even if it is just a glorified training session.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think you can just judge a player's ball drop from a snowmo with no context of what direction they were or are heading in, which way the ball went, not seeing whether they saw an alternative option at the last second, not having time, etc.

Sure our team isn't the most elite by foot in the league but it's probably a bit of a stretch.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven’t done much posting over the offseason. Still can’t get over the grand final loss. It is, what it is.

The 6-6-6 formation has me thinking if we will use Cox for Center-square bounces? I remember him being quite effective last year within the square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back