Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for info on this. Work association in Cottesloe, involved in swimming. Next bombshell.

Cottesloe 19/02/2019 11:31

Prosecutors are arguing Mr Edward's had a work association with Cottesloe, was involved in swimming championships in the area and worked out of Congdon Street.

the possibility that his supervisor/manager was notified about the incident by the Hospital who are generally pretty on the ball about following correct protocols

I would have hoped that an incident of this sort at a Hospital would have resulted in the CEO of the Hospital being alerted and the Hospital's legal person (maybe they only used external legal). And that Telstra legal would have been notified direct by the Hospital or their legal over the matter to at least ensure that both parties were aware of the incident, ready for what might flow from it.

Hopefully we'll find out at some point how Hollywood Hospital Management responded to the incident and who (roles) they formally dealt with at Telstra about it.

I would have hoped that an incident of this sort at a Hospital would have resulted in the CEO of the Hospital being alerted and the Hospital's legal person (maybe they only used external legal). And that Telstra legal would have been notified direct by the Hospital or their legal over the matter to at least ensure that both parties were aware of the incident, ready for what might flow from it.

Hopefully we'll find out at some point how Hollywood Hospital Management responded to the incident and who (roles) they formally dealt with at Telstra about it.

Alarms and flashing lights going off one would have thought. Crickets.

It is a moot point for now really, as reports are confirming he was at work for Telstra when the Hospital assault occurred and kept his job after being charged indicating Telstra were aware of what happened.
I could not ,and still can not. believe that after putting a 21 year old fellow female worker at a Hospital in a headlock late at night , trying to stuff a gag into her mouth and drag her off somewhere that he would not have been suspended from duty until the court case as a minimum, and sacked immediately upon being found guilty even if the charge was downgraded to common assault,
He got two years probation for probably a first offence .which indicates the judge had concerns and was saying "watch this guy for a couple of years at least" with his sentencing. The coppers weren't listening.
Assaulting other workers or people on any job in Australia is grounds for instant dismissal, let alone an assault of aa sexual or intended sexual nature. No final written warnings, notes to file or management plans- you are suspended then sacked once found guilty- period.
That is why i was adamant that he could not have been on the job for Telstra at the time . His career should have ended abrubtly,,,,,but it didn't . WHY NOT is the interesting question now,
Also ..how is the cheek of WAPOL feeding the public utter bullshit as recently as a couple of weeks ago. when they were trotting out " AS part of the prosecutions case they are waiting on details of Mr Edwards past employment to be provided by Telstra" making out all this Hollywood business was still unknown to them......Ha ha, wag the dog YEAH RIGHT. what other claptrap have they been feeding us over the years.......

I would agree with you that Telstra probably didn't know about the charges. Police checks tend to be done at the start of employment not ongoing. There is a cost to the organisation of getting a police check depending on what they are required for. It would have been his obligation to notify the organisation. While arrests sometimes make the news, convictions do not always particularly if the conviction was graded as an assault. He could have easily got by with no mention in the paper.

was involved in swimming championships in the area

Could mean that he worked as a casual at what is now called HBF Stadium?

It used to be called, the biggest swimming complex in the Southern Hemisphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Superdrome
The complex was opened in 1986.
... the venue is located in the suburb of Mount Claremont, approximately 8 km West of the Perth's central business district.
...Facilities include an Olympic-standard aquatic centre with five pools, a diving tower, gymnasium, two arenas, and several basketball courts, as well as a café, childcare centre, sports store, office accommodation and a museum.
....The aquatic centre hosted the FINA World Aquatics Championships in 1991 and 1998. The Australian Swimming Championships were held there in 1993, as well as the national short-course championships in 2001 and 2012.

It would have been his obligation to notify the organisation.

The 1990 Hollywood Hospital assault by the accused, reportedly happened during his work hours for Telstra.
Surely Telstra would have been formally notified about it from a work incident report from either the Hospital or Telstra, and the subsequent charges and investigations by WAPOL and the Hospital and Telstra.

Telstra legal would have been made aware of it very quickly I would have thought.

Waiting for info on this. Work association in Cottesloe, involved in swimming. Next bombshell.

Prosecutors are arguing Mr Edward's had a work association with Cottesloe, was involved in swimming championships in the area and worked out of Congdon Street.

So who might BRE have met at swimming championships in his capacity working at Cottesloe?

So who might BRE have met at swimming championships in his capacity working at Cottesloe?

The quote you provided does not read that the swim champs were located in Cottesloe.

It says in the "Area", of which Mt Claremont is close enough to Cottesloe/Claremont to be "in the area" as per my post about 15 minutes ago about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Superdrome and its biggest swimming complex in the Southern Hemisphere and home of lots of local, national and global swim championships since it opened in 1986, the year that BRE started working for Telstra.

Robyn Santen.

And he'd know well enough how to get a car in to dump it in the surf. Confident in his abilities and strong enough to swim out of it if his timing was off.
I had to google the name. I wonder why I can't remember this case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how Telstra exec's are feeling tonight. Maybe some heads will roll but maybe, "wasn't on their watch" will be enough to stay out of the s**t. Interesting times ahead

It was too long ago for rolling now.
1990 is 29 years ago
1997 is 22 years
At a guess I’d say all of the heads are long gone from Telstra.

It was too long ago for rolling now.
1990 is 29 years ago
1997 is 22 years
At a guess I’d say all of the heads are long gone from Telstra.
That won't keep the reporters away nor will it keep them from finding the ones who were in charge at the time, & are still alive today. They'll be going to ground.I can already hear the question now
"do you have anything to say to the victim's family....?"

How does someone with a sexual assault charge in Claremont in 1990 bypass a Karrakatta sexual assault search along with a myriad of other crime analysis?

Telstra employee should have sent alarm bells off long ago
Good question. Ask Claremont detectives who should have investigated both incidents. 1990 and 1995, not that far apart in time.

So I thought I had something interesting to share that I was told about in the staffroom before I started work at 9am, Perth time. None of this had been reported yet as court hadn't started. One of the young girls at work saw me looking to see if BRE made it to court. She actually went on to tell me about the Hollywood hospital victim as she is the sister of her mother in law. This was 8:30 am. Then I get home & find it was already made public

That had me totally WTF .. is that even a thing? Unless it was a disgusting act of disrespect and someone's lunch was in it.

can confirm this is a thing. and its not what you think. i have worked on outback mine sites with other guys that spend long periods away from their partner. some of the guys have fake female anatomy parts they use for self pleasuring to get them through. for the more ingenious it is possible to construct a similar device with items commonly found on hand, including lunch bags. possible BRE knew about this. for those intrigued, google how to make a pocket xxxxx (last word is a synonym for cat) part of my mine site employment involved working in accommodation rooms for the workers. you would be amazed at some of the stuff you would find.

The quote you provided does not read that the swim champs were located in Cottesloe.

It says in the "Area", of which Mt Claremont is close enough to Cottesloe/Claremont to be "in the area" as per my post about 15 minutes ago about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Superdrome and its biggest swimming complex in the Southern Hemisphere and home of lots of local, national and global swim championships since it opened in 1986, the year that BRE started working for Telstra.

Its a mixed comment. However, people who swim clubbie, also swim pools.

You might be right. Its not far from Swanbourne Drive-in either. There is no clarity on the matter. It doesn't say Superdrome.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...4a150a9063066!8m2!3d-31.9524965!4d115.7815717

can confirm this is a thing. and its not what you think. i have worked on outback mine sites with other guys that spend long periods away from their partner. some of the guys have fake female anatomy parts they use for self pleasuring to get them through. for the more ingenious it is possible to construct a similar device with items commonly found on hand, including lunch bags. possible BRE knew about this. for those intrigued, google how to make a pocket xxxxx (last word is a synonym for cat) part of my mine site employment involved working in accommodation rooms for the workers. you would be amazed at some of the stuff you would find.
I don't wanna know lol EVER. but hey,at least he was nice enough not to spill it on the bedspread... Maybe that was why she stayed as long as she did. He was very considerant toher cleaning needs:oops::rolleyes:

Good question. Ask Claremont detectives who should have investigated both incidents. 1990 and 1995, not that far apart in time.

The same detectives in the CCC Inquiry? The same one Rayney was a lawyer when his wife went missing and buried in Kings Park after attending a Bentley boot scooting class, "she does each week". Something a predator can plan.

so it seems macro task force was either made up of dim wits, or they were on a tight leash from the Head Dimwit. they were investigating 3 x missing women, where sexual crimes should of surely been a top possible reason. all 3 x women were taken from claremont. you have a telstra worker that had confessed to an assault with sexual overtones in a location very close to the claremont abductions. a telstra branded knife was found not far from victim number 2. someone in a vehicle with telstra logos has been seen driving around the neighborhood where the abductions occurred, offering women lifts. there was a rape in the same area a few years previous, where the victim reported the vehicle was a work van, and she was bound with phone cable (something you would expect a telstra worker to have on hand)

did they ever run a cross check of sex based crimes in the local area, and look for common threads to work on? if so, wouldn't the Hollywood hospital incident have come up, and the KK rape? add these details to the reports of the guy offering lifts and you have telstra, telstra and telstra. what shows up at the JR crime scene, but a knife that says telstra. so now we have telstra, telstra telstra and telstra. but no its Lance Williams - it has to be lance Williams -i mean it couldn't be a telstra worker now could it? not only do you have 4 x instances of telstra, but you also have a name of the perpetrator from the Hollywood hospital incident. research his background and throw any details you have into the computer database. items like description, and fingerprints taken at the time of being charged with the Hollywood hospital incident. what comes up but fingerprints taken from a crime scene of someone trying to break into a huntingdale house dressed in women's underpants and a dressing gown. again sexual motivation, but a lower grade crime. check crime reports to see if there were other lower grade sexually motivated crimes in the local area. search would bring up numerous reports of underwear missing from homes near the POI, plus an attempted rape, again near the POI, where the kimono was left behind. hang on a minute, didn't we hear a dressing gown/kimono mentioned somewhere else in a crime nearby?

so lets say all of this should of been deduced in a crazy amount of time like the first 2 years. what the hell else was macro doing for roughly 20 years, besides harassing innocent people?

All alleged and my own opinion of course.....

I am having trouble getting my head around some of the events of today , the Prosecution is obviously not going to hold back on mistakes made by Wapol , as it should be , but if this was day 1 what on earth is to come

If i give benefit of doubt and think some of the reports of a telstra worker offering lifts came after he was arrested , people had memories jogged , it still looks like BS

There is no way the Prosecution has come close to playing their trump cards yet , there just may not be enough rocks in WA for people to crawl under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back