"More Of The Kangaroo" - Available Now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The most comprehensive account of Australian Football history in Queensland is now available for purchase.
"More Of The Kangaroo - 150 Years of Australian Football in Queensland - 1866 to 2016" was launched in December 2018, and is finally available to the public.
This monumental history is over 1,100 pages in length (weighing in at a whopping 4.2kg), and covers the trajectory of the code throughout the state. It includes over 500 images and reveals facts about the evolution of the code at a local level that are little known.
This book is a local history, detailing the heroics, the controversies, the premierships and the success and failures, from Cairns to Coolangatta. Local heroes and villains, champion teams from Townsville to Toowong, umpires, interstate matches, women’s football and much more are chronicled, described and brought to life.
If you love the game of Australian football, if you have an interest in the history of Queensland, or if you just like a well-researched and well-written book, then purchase your copy of “More Of The Kangaroo” for $90 (plus postage and handling) from www.Q150.net.au Or, you can contact me at toucansoup@gmail.com and I will put you in contact with the authors, Murray Bird and Greg Parker.
Thank you for your support of our project.
20181213_135250.jpg

This is not the story of Queensland's AFL clubs.
Rather, this is the history of Queensland's community and grassroots Australian Football clubs, including the thousands of families that have contributed to the evolution and growth of our code.
Each league of each major regional centre of the northern state is recounted in a thoroughly comprehensive manner. Check out the Contents page shown on the attached photo.

Attachments

• 20190130_133339.jpg
    20190130_133339.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 153

Thanks for the positive feedback, Chezzalenko Reborn !
I haven't met anyone yet who, upon seeing the book for the first time, has not been impressed by the sheer size of it. This has been a massive accomplishment by the two authors.

Are you going to Metricon Stadium this Saturday for the Suns V Lions practice match? If so, stop by the Q150 tent, & check out our book, "More Of The Kangaroo". If you haven't got your copy yet, here is your chance to discover more of football's 150 year history in our state. From Cairns to Coolangatta, this is the football book for all of Queensland.

Purchased my own copy, great read - someone from North Queensland now based on the Gold Coast, great to catch up on and look into the history that is NQ footy! Well done.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Just love my footy.
With over 1000 pages of content, there has to be something for everyone!
We will have people at Mackay for the Gold Coast V Western Bulldogs game this weekend - so if anyone reading this is attending, drop by and say G'day.

Today, we are visiting Toowoomba for the AFLQ Darling Downs Season Launch.
Over the past few weeks, Murray Bird and John Corless have taken road trips across the east coast of Queensland, visiting Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Mackay, Townsville, and Cairns, dropping off books along the way. If you live in these areas, books are available locally.
John Corless and I also attended the AFLQ QFA Season Launch at Iona recently.
We are working hard to get the word out there - so if you have seen the book, and enjoyed what you have read, please let others know so they can own a copy of the most definitive history of Queensland football.

If you or your friends are in or around Melbourne tomorrow evening, why not drop in to the North Fitzroy Arms Hotel to be part of the Melbourne Launch of "More Of The Kangaroo". See for yourself what 1,100 pages of 150 years of Australian Football history in Queensland looks like.
Bring your friends too. And if you like what you see, please consider purchasing your own copy of this landmark book.

Venue: North Fitzroy Arms Hotel
Address: 296 Rae Street, Fitzroy North
Time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm, Thursday, 11 April

Now that it has been confirmed that Queensland will host the AFL Grand final at the Gabba, it is timely to remind everyone that you can still purchase your copy of "More Of The Kangaroo" here: http://www.q150.net.au/shop/

Check it out. The price on this 1,104 page behemoth of Queensland football has been drastically reduced, just so we can get our remaining copies out.

Perfect gift for a club's end-of-season appreciation awards and gifts. If you want to haggle for a bulk deal, please just contact me and we will see what we can arrange.
MOTK Cover Small.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back