Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def: Lloyd, Withered, Ryan, B Smith, Williams, Collins

Mid: Cripps, Merrett, Ross, Dusty, BCrouch, Walsh, Bewley, Constable

Ruck: Grundy, Jacobs

Fwd: Danger, Dunkley, Menegola, Parker, Setterfield, Cavarra

I do have 84K left.

But I've tried to do something a little different in terms of the backline, picking players that will benefit from kick in rules (Smith and Ryan) and with Smith, Williams and possibly Ryan all being quite underpriced, could be good cash grabs.

Like to hear what you guys think.

I do have 84K left.

But I've tried to do something a little different in terms of the backline, picking players that will benefit from kick in rules (Smith and Ryan) and with Smith, Williams and possibly Ryan all being quite underpriced, could be good cash grabs.

I like the Ross pick. Not sure if Jacobs has much spring in the step left.

Think O'Brien can overthrow him this season?
Adelaide have always been conservative with the ruck. I think Sauce will put his hand up and the coach will back him in. He was running up and down on the spot at times last year and I'm not sure he'll magically find a spring in his step. I think he'll play but his best is behind him in my opinion. He's been good for a long period of time.

Adelaide have always been conservative with the ruck. I think Sauce will put his hand up and the coach will back him in. He was running up and down on the spot at times last year and I'm not sure he'll magically find a spring in his step. I think he'll play but his best is behind him in my opinion. He's been good for a long period of time.
Agree. He's a lock for 20 games this year again

Has anyone got news on how Mitch Duncan is travelling? Could he be worth M4-5 spot and take his game to another level?

Yeah i'm not a fan of the jacobs pick, I note the traders slected him too but i think it's a placeholder surely.

The way I see it there are a few options for R2, i haven't thought on this extensively but here we go:
- Gawn R2, may get a drop in output but will still probably be top 2 or 3 ruck;
- Stef or Goldy, with Stef injured and the talk about ruck competition Goldy looks promising here;
- Kreuzer, if you like to live dangerously with his durability and pre-season fitness; or
- Billy Longer or Tim English as cheap options, if you love a bit of risk.

Remembering that you have the security blanket of Mumford post week two for any of the riskier picks.

I'm yet to finalise my pre seaosn analysis but i'm feeling Goldy at this stage. Reckon he has a bit of upside.

I do have 84K left.

Slightly too heavy in the defence. I'd swap one of Ryan or Witherden for another mid

Simpson, Witherden, Smith, Williams, 4x170k rookies
Coniglio, Cripps, Crouch, Merrett, Neale, Libba, 4x170k rookies
Hoff, Witts, Fort, Cameron
Dangerfield, Heeney, Mundy/Boak, Worpel, 4x170k rookies

Simpson, Witherden, Smith, Williams, 4x170k rookies
Coniglio, Cripps, Crouch, Merrett, Neale, Libba, 4x170k rookies
Hoff, Witts, Fort, Cameron
Dangerfield, Heeney, Mundy/Boak, Worpel, 4x170k rookies
who's going to captain the team? horses for courses?

Wow, that forward line is weak, and yet simultaenously your midfield is also weak. I love the Oliver, Kelly and Ross picks. But Rockliff and Libba I would advise against. Given the likes of Gibbons, Atkins, Hind etc are likely to outscore Lukosious. You made need to look at curtting Rockliff for a rookie and upgrading Lukozade to a forward premium. I'd also go Short down to Williams and try and upgrade Blakey if possible too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30k in the bank. Criticism encouraged. Compliments welcome :moustache:View attachment 622035
D1 - D4 (Love)
M1 - M3 (Love)
R1 - R2 (Love)
F1 - F2 (Love)

My only takes would be.. I think there is better value around than Lachie Neale and Isaac Heeney. Wild thought as well.. given the dearth of Forward Rookies, have you conisdered dropping Neale to Walsh and upgreading Parker to Devon Smith?

D1 - D4 (Love)
M1 - M3 (Love)
R1 - R2 (Love)
F1 - F2 (Love)

My only takes would be.. I think there is better value around than Lachie Neale and Isaac Heeney. Wild thought as well.. given the dearth of Forward Rookies, have you conisdered dropping Neale to Walsh and upgreading Parker to Devon Smith?
Cheers! I agree with Neale for sure. Both him and Brayshaw are interchangeable and will be watching JLT for possible alternatives.

I'm actually quite high on Heeney at the moment though. But luckily anybody I would change him to are for the most part cheaper, which makes for an easy transition. Not Devon Smith though, fool's gold for me!

Also, Ive decided not to go with Sam Walsh. He's going to be a gun but I don't want to pay up the extra 100k for a likely 70 average. Pick 1s don't have great fantasy history

cheers for the feedback!!

That being said FlowersByIrene , having had a look at things, I could go with Neale and McAdam or Walsh and Tim Kelly in the forward line which is tempting.

That leaves Brad Crouch at M4 followed by Walsh and Tim Kelly as an F4, what you think?

That being said FlowersByIrene , having had a look at things, I could go with Neale and McAdam or Walsh and Tim Kelly in the forward line which is tempting.

That leaves Brad Crouch at M4 followed by Walsh and Tim Kelly as an F4, what you think?
I'm not incredibly sold on Tim Kelly personally but I think I will be focussing on loading up my forward line if possible just considering the rookie options in the midfield. It's tough because I usually love to load up on my mids and there are SOOO many i like - whereas I am not keen on any forwards outside of Danger, Smith and Dunkley. But i think Walsh and Kelly (considering you would otherwise be playing Parker/McAdam in the forward line) may just pip Neale and Parker/McAdam.

The Walsh/Kelly combo gives you must better job security and may even net you more points. Walsh will play all 22 games if fit and average 80+ I reckon.

Neale, 100-105
McAdam, 55-60
(155-165)

Walsh, 70-85
Kelly, 90-100
(160 -185)

I'm not incredibly sold on Tim Kelly personally but I think I will be focussing on loading up my forward line if possible just considering the rookie options in the midfield. It's tough because I usually love to load up on my mids and there are SOOO many i like - whereas I am not keen on any forwards outside of Danger, Smith and Dunkley. But i think Walsh and Kelly (considering you would otherwise be playing Parker/McAdam in the forward line) may just pip Neale and Parker/McAdam.

The Walsh/Kelly combo gives you must better job security and may even net you more points. Walsh will play all 22 games if fit and average 80+ I reckon.

Neale, 100-105
McAdam, 55-60
(155-165)

Walsh, 70-85
Kelly, 90-100
(160 -185)
Really feel the JS wins out there in addition to a winning score. Cheers for your help, always appreciated!!

So this bare bones build for shits and gigs, nets me 800K. I could take this even further and turn Cripps into Rocky and knock Smith down to someone like Duursma, Clark or Quaynor (if they show something), if I really wanted to push it. That would leave me with around 1.2 MIL. If I really, really wanted to push it to the brink, I could get rid of Dusty and put Walsh in for a 4 rookie midfield, leaving me with 1.6 MIL.

On the flip side, if I'm not happy with JLT performances, then I can change Smith to Lloyd/Whitfield and Constable to Rocky/Taranto (or English to Gawn/Witts/Goldy etc.)

Fun times!

(JLT really needs to start haha. Way too much over-thinking, and way too many different versions already this year)

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.16.49 am.png Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.18.05 am.png

Last edited:
So this bare bones build for shits and gigs, nets me 800K. I could take this even further and turn Cripps into Rocky and knock Smith down to someone like Duursma, Clark or Quaynor (if they show something), if I really wanted to push it. That would leave me with around 1.2 MIL. On the flip side, if I'm not happy with JLT performances, then I can change Smith to Lloyd and Constable to Rocky

Fun times!

(JLT really needs to start haha. Way too much over-thinking, and way many different versions already this year)

I realise this for a bit of a laugh (i've done similar for my own benefit to pass the time prior to JLT), but aside from Heeney I can make a case for this team.

With the uncertainty around Franklin and Menzel, Heeney surely plays as a forward for the first 2-3+ rounds otherwise the Swans have only Reid, McCartin and Blakey as tall forwards.

I have Heeney as one of my first upgrade tagets.

Version 1 - Finally locked in.

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, Smith, [2x 170k] - Bench 2 x170k
MID: Macrae, M. Crouch, Merret, Adams, B. Crouch, Walshh, [2x 170k] - Bench 2x 170k
RUC: Grundy, Goldy - Bench Cameron, Fort
FWD: Danger, Smith, Dunkley, Setterfield, [2 x 170k] - Bench 2x170k.

Leaves me with $272k to play with, which means I can upgrade 170k rookies to better if need be, or if there are plenty of 170kers presenting themselves i could upgrade B.Crouch to Ross or someone similar.

I realise this for a bit of a laugh (i've done similar for my own benefit to pass the time prior to JLT), but aside from Heeney I can make a case for this team.

With the uncertainty around Franklin and Menzel, Heeney surely plays as a forward for the first 2-3+ rounds otherwise the Swans have only Reid, McCartin and Blakey as tall forwards.

I have Heeney as one of my first upgrade tagets.
That's actually a really fair point re. Heeney. I've been flitting between Heeney, Mundy, Dunkley, Billings and Kelly for that spot. Have got Mundy in now for the time being. Legitimately thinking I could rock this team for just week 1, and then figure out who the premiums are from there on out. If they all fail during JLT, then that's a different story, haha

That's actually a really fair point re. Heeney. I've been flitting between Heeney, Mundy, Dunkley, Billings and Kelly for that spot. Have got Mundy in now for the time being. Legitimately thinking I could rock this team for just week 1, and then figure out who the premiums are from there on out. If they all fail during JLT, then that's a different story, haha

What i should have also added is that, rather disturbingly, its not a great leap from this side that you have presented to what mine currently looks like from a structure point of view......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back