Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

If youre referring to the one near the end, it was Baker

Yeah, he won't put on the muscle. I wonder if it's demoralising to play on someone that just treats you like a minor obstacle. Or maybe you just accept that it's Dusty, so you're not alone.

6-6-6 is useless as soon as the umpire bounces the ball and is even more useless as soon as it's stack's on the mill and the umpire calls for a bounce.

The player having to start in the goalsquare is just mind boggling as the ball never gets there from the centre break plus he will leave the square the moment the umpire bounces the ball, just utter stupidity from the AFL.

One of the more stupid rule changes that i feel will be abolished by either the bye rounds or the finals or even straight after JLT.

All designed to stop players rushing the centre square so Danger can run away like Judd, longest ground in the comp and the largest distance from the 50m line to the centre square belongs to Geelong and who has been most vocal on these changes...yes Danger has so he can burst away like Judd without anyone charging at him from front on.

Bang on
Don’t forget who was on the panel to recommend these changes as well

None other than danger flog himself

The arrogant campaigner in all his glory trying to implement rules to benefit himself

#lollnorf have a better list than Richmond ...................................... 5 weeks later
Tigers 2017 premiers

your a c**ksmoker
My personal favorite. Tigers worst premiers ever, got lucky blah blah, nek minit, minor Premiers year after.

We have one of the better midfields in the competition, one of if not the best backline and we now have one of the best and potent forward lines in the comp too.

Yet just because we played a certain way last season we are automatically going to struggle with the 6-6-6 rule? What a load of bullshit, do these so called experts think our forwardline and midfield wont be advantaged by this rule change also ???

Short sighted so called experts .. I call it the David King syndrome

Honestly 6-6-6 won't be that bad, they'll enforce it for a couple of rounds, realise that everyone hates it and forget about it! Who remembers the protected area rule last year in round 1?
Yeah and by the very next night it was relaxed.

We have one of the better midfields in the competition, one of if not the best backline and we now have one of the best and potent forward lines in the comp too.

Yet just because we played a certain way last season we are automatically going to struggle with the 6-6-6 rule? What a load of bullshit, do these so called experts think our forwardline and midfield wont be advantaged by this rule change also ???

I don't read the papers but to anyone who does, has the media said if any other club will be effected by these rules or is it just Richmond. ?

We have an excellent forward line, good mids, excellent defense - some should be possibly considering the new rules advantage us further. Lynch and Jack leading in forward 50. Rance/Grimes/Vlas defending 50. Without interference all those mentioned and others will win more one on ones than lose if that is how it all plays out ....

We have an excellent forward line, good mids, excellent defense - some should be possibly considering the new rules advantage us further. Lynch and Jack leading in forward 50. Rance/Grimes/Vlas defending 50. Without interference all those mentioned and others will win more one on ones than lose if that is how it all plays out ....

They must be taking into account the fact that opposition backmen will be still allowed to hold, scrag and block Reiwoldt & now Lynch ..... but up the other end Rance will get pinged for breathing too close next to his opponent.

One Richmond flag made them change the rules ROFLMAO!!! hawks beat up on interstate sides 3 years in a row 3peat and NOBODY said s**t !!! :D
Bingo! Congestion has been an issue for yrs & nobody does a single thing, we become the top side & it's suddenly a problem & changes need to be made. This is what happens when they let Journo's dictate the rules. No doubt more gimmicks will follow, they are the best way to ruin a good sport, just ask any F1 fan.

its just stupid

A wing can set up anywhere along the side of the square, so whats stopping them setting up at the oppo teams goal side and just running as the ball is bounced to be an extra man behind the ball?

instead of it being a 5-6-7 it will just be 6-5-7, plus a forward can just steam into the square as soon as the ball is bounced to even up the midfield

pretty funny that article is actually written to make it out like the tigers are ****** when in reality its going to make zero difference
Just goes to show how much of an idiot Whateley is!

Spoon for us this year. Lol what a read. Best bit is the “opposition scout” quotes.. I hope they were having a laugh. If an opposition scout seriously believes what they’re quoting in that article that team is in big trouble. Lol “lost all their depth” to bring in Tom Lynch please.

Better start the rebuild ;)
I chuckled when i read that, anyone that knows anything will tell you all we did was clean out some dead wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and by the very next night it was relaxed.

That was amazing. The first game was such a screw up that they realized what a horrible rule it was. Pretty much back to normal by season's end. 666 will be worked out and the 'problem' it was to solve will still be there.

But doing something like paying frees to player caught in a good tackle, which would free up the game, are ignored. Grumble grumble grumble. *%$^@*&!% AFL

I don't read the papers but to anyone who does, has the media said if any other club will be effected by these rules or is it just Richmond. ?

good question

think 666 applies to centre bounces (start of quarters + after goal) only....around the ground ballups....anyfing goes i think...which to me would enable short people like Rioli/ Bolton to errr ruck....while we stack players behind them.....ie. Lynch doesn't have to risk his 7m knees...
Can already hear Whateley start whingeing about the around the ground stoppages & calling for 6-6-6 at those stoppages too.

6-6-6 is useless as soon as the umpire bounces the ball and is even more useless as soon as it's stack's on the mill and the umpire calls for a bounce.

The player having to start in the goalsquare is just mind boggling as the ball never gets there from the centre break plus he will leave the square the moment the umpire bounces the ball, just utter stupidity from the AFL.

One of the more stupid rule changes that i feel will be abolished by either the bye rounds or the finals or even straight after JLT.

All designed to stop players rushing the centre square so Danger can run away like Judd, longest ground in the comp and the largest distance from the 50m line to the centre square belongs to Geelong and who has been most vocal on these changes...yes Danger has so he can burst away like Judd without anyone charging at him from front on.
What i don't get, they bring in all these stupid rules but they don't get rid of ruck nominations.....

crazy how last year the footy world was already treating hawkforn like underdog minnows. i mean they are minnows but no one should be wanting them to win a flag for decades
Clarkson must have the media on the payroll, Supercoach he is but he no longer has the cattle & the ones that are still there are another yr older now. Bundled out in straight sets twice in the last 3 yrs, got into the top 4 after playing 2 top 8 sides in the last 10 weeks & with a top 6 draw plus Mitchell out i won't be surprised if they miss the 8 this yr.

Bang on
Don’t forget who was on the panel to recommend these changes as well

None other than danger flog himself

The arrogant campaigner in all his glory trying to implement rules to benefit himself
If Dangerw***er is Batman then Whateley is Robin, as soon as i heard he got on the panel i knew this rubbish was coming in.

What i don't get, they bring in all these stupid rules but they don't get rid of ruck nominations.....
The time taken for stoppages to occur is probably the biggest reason congestion occurs, teams have time to set up. If that is cut down through removal of ruck nominations as you suggest (among other amendments to reduce time wasted), a lot of people’s issues will disappear. I’m against rules that try to essentially ban congestion (e.g. zones), but I’m open to rules that make it a little more difficult without outlawing it, if that’s seen as the best thing for the sport.

The time taken for stoppages to occur is probably the biggest reason congestion occurs, teams have time to set up. If that is cut down through removal of ruck nominations as you suggest (among other amendments to reduce time wasted), a lot of people’s issues will disappear. I’m against rules that try to essentially ban congestion (e.g. zones), but I’m open to rules that make it a little more difficult without outlawing it, if that’s seen as the best thing for the sport.
What they need to realise is that it's a sport, they are trying to make it contrived. They are strangling the game & not letting it evolve.

WOW,that is a serious oversight!

I guess we only have ourselves to blame... focus on footy did try to warn us that this would happen

#sackeveryone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back