No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://amp.news.com.au/sport/afl/f...l/news-story/fcaa74843800a3c7aadf595c92a24d70

The first thought that comes to mind is that when Jeff has one of his semi-regular tirades about the AFL keeping clubs in the dark about drug testing results is Jeff angry because he knows there is a drug problem at Hawthorn but he has no way of accessing the data needed to address it?

The second thought is: in an era of dwarf-tossing and nudie pics, Thomas was surprised that St Kilda players were coked up?

Sheedy has a point. Why wouldn't we bring Hird back? All he did was cheat. It's only sport after all, nobody really cares about cheats do they?

Why would we expect anybody to be held accountable for their actions? Let them do whatever they want. What harm can it do?

So Tird feigned ignorance and denied responsibility for everything. So? That worked for everyone involved in the Red Shirts rort. It's only cheating after all. No big deal.

While we're at it, maybe we could bring Hitler back, to work in our foreign affairs department. I mean, he only caused a global war. Nobody really cared, did they? No harm done.

Jack the Ripper? Give him another chance, poor fella.
All those pedo priests? Just a media beat-up.
Donald Trump? A heart of gold, just misunderstood.
Bill Clinton? Nah, he was a bit stiff. Monica made him do it.

Live and let live. Who cares if people get killed and kids get abused and justice is denied and athletes are injected with who-knows-what in the desperate search for an unfair advantage? It's all harmless fun.

Please note - sarcasm font needed above.

Kevin Sheedy world. Dreamland. What a wonderful place it must be.

What's that? A Hawthorn player sniffed something? CALL THE POLICE. It must be drugs. It's a disgrace. It's a scandal. It's cheating. Do something. Ban them, punish them, report them, suspend them, shoot them. We can't allow that... oh it was nothing. Never mind.

Sheedy was never held accountable for his fake accusations or his draft tampering or salary-cap rorting or on-field thuggery or for encouraging the violence that triggered the line-in-the sand. Why would he expect his protege to be held accountable for his own attempts to cheat?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-20/knife-mishap-puts-north-defender-out-for-10-weeks

A North spokesperson told AFL.com.au on Wednesday Durdin had suffered a deep cut to his little finger when a knife he was using to open a packet of food slipped.

The spokesperson said Durdin was not expected to return to full training for eight to 10 weeks.

8-10 weeks before he returns to full training? For a pinky finger injury? He must have almost cut the finger off. How can you even do that opening a packet a frozen peas (or whatever he was knifing)?

The Mongrel Punt is in fine form today. Seems Grant Thomas and his “saints had a drug problem” has set others off as well.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018...-scandal?format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

I love bashing the Swans more than anyone - but this article is bafflingly stupid. So much holier-than-thou hand-wringing, is his father the town preacher from Footloose?

What amuses me is that he is apparently a massive Port Adelaide fan. Wonder what his take is on the antics of Sam Powell-Pepper and Jack Watts. Maybe he should go party with some of the young players some time - I dare say his mind would be opened to the fact that social drug use at AFL clubs, ALL AFL clubs, would be fairly common.

Yet again the howls of moral outrage over kids popping the odd pill or doing the odd line can be read or heard throughout the press - all on either side of some form of alcohol ad. And spare me the legal vs illegal argument because that isn't at the heart of this argument - people who are so morally opposed to drugs are so on the grounds of the self-harm and societal harm they can do. To do this while ignoring the self and societal harm alcohol can cause and you are a hypocrite of the highest ******* order.

Every club has players that use. The issue here is calling out individual clubs, rather than the afl and the AFLPA who refuse to acknowledge publicly that the problem is widespread and that the use of MH issues as a loophole is a disgrace and should be changed.

I’m not getting into the legalities of it all and I couldn’t care less what people do in their spare time, but in-season if you are drug tested and get caught then cop the strike and whatever punishment comes with that rather than allowing them to make a mockery of mental health and in turn those who may genuinely be suffering.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-20/knife-mishap-puts-north-defender-out-for-10-weeks

A North spokesperson told AFL.com.au on Wednesday Durdin had suffered a deep cut to his little finger when a knife he was using to open a packet of food slipped.

The spokesperson said Durdin was not expected to return to full training for eight to 10 weeks.

8-10 weeks before he returns to full training? For a pinky finger injury? He must have almost cut the finger off. How can you even do that opening a packet a frozen peas (or whatever he was knifing)?
Tendon +/- nerve involved is my guess, splint post op then can’t use hand until splint off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back