Training 2019 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for Mattdougie input.

Look forward to the opinion and will agree with it too

Convicted drug cheat and therefore game cheat that has STILL not admitted guilt other than to apologise for the mess made.

Shouldn’t be allowed near footy of any description again and if he wasn’t a “champion” this wouldn’t even be a conversation.

He turns up at the dogs I would seriously consider not buying a membership.

Last edited:

Convicted drug cheat and therefore game cheat that has STILL not admitted guilt other than to apologise for the mess made.

Shouldn’t be allowed footy of any description again and if he wasn’t a “champion” this wouldn’t even be a conversation.

Couldn't have said it better. Agreed 100%

Wouldn't be opposed to having Hird on board. I'm on the side of believing that the Essendon saga was more out of lack of leadership and maturity, not asking the right questions to the right people about what exactly is going on. The fallout of not taking responsibility and ownership at the time that would've been the best is also a lack of leadership and maturity.

In saying all of that. What he could offer in the way of expertise and footy IQ far outweighs the cons of the above. Mostly because I believe the club won't put him in a position where those flaws would negatively impact the club.

In addition and a more sentimental note I also believe we're a club of passionate people. We took a great step forward in supporting Tom Boyd and Travis Cloke through mental health issues in 2017 and beyond. We've done everything we can to erase members of the team that deliberately or indirectly caused mental anguish on others. I think we could support James and I think it'd be a great football story.

But that's just one mans opinion, everyone is entitled to their own.

I'd be fine with Hirdy coming to our club. It would be smart of him to go to a minnow club like ours, where he can fly under the spotlight and do his best work away from media scrutiny.

He was an absolute champion player, and from what I can recall of our coaching staff at the moment, none were really champion players. None were on the level of Hirdy that's for sure.
Last 4 Premiership coaches were not champion players so happy to pass on Hird.

Wouldn't be opposed to having Hird on board. I'm on the side of believing that the Essendon saga was more out of lack of leadership and maturity, not asking the right questions to the right people about what exactly is going on. The fallout of not taking responsibility and ownership at the time that would've been the best is also a lack of leadership and maturity.

In saying all of that. What he could offer in the way of expertise and footy IQ far outweighs the cons of the above. Mostly because I believe the club won't put him in a position where those flaws would negatively impact the club.

In addition and a more sentimental note I also believe we're a club of passionate people. We took a great step forward in supporting Tom Boyd and Travis Cloke through mental health issues in 2017 and beyond. We've done everything we can to erase members of the team that deliberately or indirectly caused mental anguish on others. I think we could support James and I think it'd be a great football story.

But that's just one mans opinion, everyone is entitled to their own.

This won’t be popular but why should people who have mental issues(and lets not forget he is to blame for his own issues) be given opportunities over those that don’t?

I have less than zero percent sympathy for Hird, you dig your own hole learn to live in it.

Add to that he comes from the club with the worst supporters in the world and I’d rather make Mitch Honeychurch senior coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird had business dealings with Shane Charters at the time and has had a long personal relationship with him. I don't think we can paint a picture of an innocent, naive Hird here.

It's not just the 'supplement saga' that is the issue, it was the intention to use players health as a tool to further his own business interests and to do so behind the back of a trusted club doctor by operating the regime offsite with little oversight or proper recording.
I think Hird got off very lightly for his involvement in the issue and have no desire to see him anywhere near Whitten Oval.

Shouldn’t be allowed near footy of any description again and if he wasn’t a “champion” this wouldn’t even be a conversation.

that makes two of us and i guess quite a few more. the guy is a silver spoon flog who should never go near an afl or any sports ground. a cheat, a liar and a dishonest turd. so in summary, no i don't like the guy. he comes to our club and i blow up my membership with a stolen nuke from north korea.

This will be an unpopular opinion but I’d love to see Hird at the club. I love the “whatever it takes” mentality. Yes, it’s a dangerous line and Hird found himself on the wrong side of it but I still prefer it over Bevo’s nonchalant attitude.

tenor.gif

This will be an unpopular opinion but I’d love to see Hird at the club. I love the “whatever it takes” mentality. Yes, it’s a dangerous line and Hird found himself on the wrong side of it but I still prefer it over Bevo’s nonchalant attitude.
Not sure if you’re trying to be serious here? Or another attempt at some incredibly poor 2019 off season bigfooty humour. But do you really think that if Hird was given another chance at Coaching at AFL level that he would still be sticking by his “whatever it takes attitude”? And you prefer that over Bevo’s nonchalant attitude? Compare their coaching resume’s and get back to me.

Not sure if you’re trying to be serious here? Or another attempt at some incredibly poor 2019 off season bigfooty humour. But do you really think that if Hird was given another chance at Coaching at AFL level that he would still be sticking by his “whatever it takes attitude”? And you prefer that over Bevo’s nonchalant attitude? Compare their coaching resume’s and get back to me.
Yeah nah he was just trolling.

Have any of the other Essendon plotters managed to get back into the footy environment?

A big NO to Tird, too much baggage for our club to take on.

TROLL.jpeg

Why should Hird be allowed anywhere near the AFL again?

He has accountablity for the regime at Essendon during the time in question, the outcomes of which severely damaged the integrity of the competition.

Read that again - he severely damaged the integrity of the competition.

There is no bigger crime you can commit to a sporting competition, or to a club.

So why on earth would he be allowed back in the afl, and why would we ever want him near our club.

Ben Barba, for all his domestic shortcomings, at least has accepted his removal from rugby and is now a truck driver.

Perhaps buying a trucker’s cap is the best fit for Hird now.

Hey, Just a question. Does anyone know when the Hun's (Herald Sun) Footy19 season preview is coming out. I thought about early March but I haven't heard anything. How about the Age's season's preview, liftout? Thanks

I didn’t mean that I think Hird is a better coach than Bevo. Not even close. But I do think the two of them working together would balance each other out a bit. I think Bevo errs on the side of being a bit too easygoing with his whole surfer persona.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back