Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how they come running to the Suns for replacements - yet our players aren't up to being picked initially. ( Maybe an AFL directive in there somewhere ? )

They get all the (relative) fanfare of the initial announcement but pretty low key announcements for our guys now

Even the webpage design is very average
Shaun Burgoyne doesn't get any writeup that I can see
Jack Martins doesn't really say anything either - will add excitement.

http://www.afl.com.au/aflx/superstars/deadly
From the *'s displayed - Wingard, May and Hambling will miss from this team alone.
It's false advertising to say this an elite event having elite interest. And why did these players make themselves available in the first place?
They are not injured and will all likely play in the next available trial /JLT game ….

From the *'s displayed - Wingard, May and Hambling will miss from this team alone.
It's false advertising to say this an elite event having elite interest. And why did these players make themselves available in the first place?
They are not injured and will all likely play in the next available trial /JLT game ….

Seems that Hawthorn players cannot play as they need a mandatory 4 day rest and their two practice matches have just been schedule at particular intervals which mean this isn't possible.

I guess Burgoyne is giving up a practice match to play this - to be fair something like this, playing with his fellow indigenous players might be of more interest to him at this stage in his career.

At least Hambling was replaced by a teammate - Nathan Wilson.

3 of the Hawks have pulled out now. Suns have gone from 1 to 3 representatives because of 'injuries'. Good news for me though, I am going Friday will be able to see some of the lads first hand.
O’Cockface is a superstar according to Hawks fans and is meant to be flying at the moment. He should replace them. Lachie’s a spud and no way worth Pick #2 and not deserving of a place among the AFLX stars.

Hi guys,
Just came in here to ask about Lukosius and Rankine. Where do they sit in the best 22. I’d imagine they would both be round 1 starters. Would Lukosius be a permanent Fwd or would he be rotating through the middle. Same with rankine, feedback would be appreciated. Just curious for SC and betting purposes

Hi guys,
Just came in here to ask about Lukosius and Rankine. Where do they sit in the best 22. I’d imagine they would both be round 1 starters. Would Lukosius be a permanent Fwd or would he be rotating through the middle. Same with rankine, feedback would be appreciated. Just curious for SC and betting purposes
Rankine will be a lock for Rd 1 no doubt. I think he will be a permanent forward fixture for this season at least.

Lukosius may not be in there straight away. Can see Dew possibly going with the experience and size of Day, early on at least, who can also play 2nd ruck. If they do play Luko I reckon he may find himself on a wing or HFF where he may not be battered around like other key forwards.

If I was an AFL Club I'd be finding any excuse I could to get my players released from playing
The first hammy will make the whole thing not worth it
Nobody was injured in last years. It will basically be contactless, no tackles. But more about elite skill and goal kicking. Players would more likely get injured at home or training than this game.
I don't think there is any reason to worry, injury wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting how Steven “Run out of town by the WAGS for being a total slime bag” May who was Mr Proud Indigenous Man when under our Beautiful Cultural Influence on The GC after just a few weeks back under the Excessive Bourgeois School Tie Culture of the Blue Ribbon Melbourne Demons now can’t front up now for the AFLX Indigenous Team with a typical VFL take the piss injury.
Good riddance to the slime bag. Our community is much the better for his departure.

Have a nice evening.

Depleted Gold Coast, Brisbane teams to face off in practice match
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
February 20, 2019 7:45pm

The Suns lost Harrison Wigg for 12 months to a knee injury last week while Josh Schoenfeld will miss six weeks with an ankle injury.

New recruit Corey Ellis had groin surgery pre-Christmas and is not expected to be available for the opening two weeks of the home and away season while VFL recruit Josh Corbett had a minor knee clean-up two weeks ago and is still hopeful of playing at some level by round one.

Defender Jack Leslie is close to returning to full training from the knee injury he suffered in the final match last season while pressure forward Nick Holman resumed full training this week after a modified program over summer to rectify a back complaint.

Depleted Gold Coast, Brisbane teams to face off in practice match
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
February 20, 2019 7:45pm

The Suns lost Harrison Wigg for 12 months to a knee injury last week while Josh Schoenfeld will miss six weeks with an ankle injury.

New recruit Corey Ellis had groin surgery pre-Christmas and is not expected to be available for the opening two weeks of the home and away season while VFL recruit Josh Corbett had a minor knee clean-up two weeks ago and is still hopeful of playing at some level by round one.

Defender Jack Leslie is close to returning to full training from the knee injury he suffered in the final match last season while pressure forward Nick Holman resumed full training this week after a modified program over summer to rectify a back complaint.
Those names outside of Holman aren’t really players that will feature in the seniors IMO.

Nobody was injured in last years. It will basically be contactless, no tackles. But more about elite skill and goal kicking. Players would more likely get injured at home or training than this game.
I don't think there is any reason to worry, injury wise.
Wait till Jack Martin goes 110% because he knows no other way and hurts his shoulder.

Interesting how Steven “Run out of town by the WAGS for being a total slime bag” May who was Mr Proud Indigenous Man when under our Beautiful Cultural Influence on The GC after just a few weeks back under the Excessive Bourgeois School Tie Culture of the Blue Ribbon Melbourne Demons now can’t front up now for the AFLX Indigenous Team with a typical VFL take the piss injury.
Good riddance to the slime bag. Our community is much the better for his departure.

Have a nice evening.
This reads like a Donald Trump tweet

GCFC-header.png

Player Injury Estimated Return
Josh Corbett Knee 4 weeks
Corey Ellis Groin 4-6 weeks
Nic Holman Back 2-3 weeks
Jack Leslie Knee 2-4 weeks
Josh Schoenfeld Ankle 6 weeks
Harrison Wigg Knee Season
Updated: Wednesday, February 20

Early prognosis
Aside from the luckless Wigg who ruptured his ACL in the Suns' intraclub match, most players on the injured list are due back by round one. Corbett was in the frame for selection but is unlikely to get enough work in before the season starts and will most likely begin in the NEAFL. Ellis is making sound progress following groin surgery, but the club is taking a cautious approach with his return.- Michael Whiting

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-21/the-full-afl-injury-list-preseason-update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back