Feedback BigFooty Forum Upgrade - Read OP first, then post issues and feedback in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chief

Copying and pasting text and tags from other parts of the board doesn’t seem to work.

Have a look at this thread from the SFA board (yes, nerdy) https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ast-side-hawks-at-the-house-of-gumby.1212440/

I copy and pasted the text on dark mode from a PM I posted in. It’s now unreadable on light mode.

Also if you notice there’s an issue copying and pasting tags, I have had this issue before as well.

These issues didn’t occur before the update.
Sorry I don't know how to fix that. It takes the formatting with it when you copy.

In the past when this happens I just open a plain text editor window and paste the text in. This strips formatting.

You can also paste the text in, select all, and hit "Remove Formatting" (the eraser up the top left of the editor window):
remove-formatting.png

all my devices are now on dark mode or something with black background and white writing...

Did I push the wrong button?

Did I miss a notification and this is for everyone now ?

Can I change back to a white background with black writing ?

all my devices are now on dark mode or something with black background and white writing...

Did I push the wrong button?

Did I miss a notification and this is for everyone now ?

Can I change back to a white background with black writing ?
There’s a link to change the theme from dark to light at the bottom of every page, and a lightbulb top right that does the same thing.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/misc/style

It's probably here somewhere but I can't be effed looking through so many pages:
We only have a mark all forums read now? Not just one forum?
Go to a forum.

Mark Read up near the forum pagination.

184C5B55-BAD2-4AF5-BD51-E513466D9E9A.jpeg

Hi Chief,

The resize image feature doesn't appear to work. No matter what I do this image won't stay at the size I change it to when posted.

View attachment 622405
I wasn’t even aware we had that option.

Where do you do the resize operation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t even aware we had that option.

Where do you do the resize operation?
I swear you happily announced it...You can resize the image within the post. Note the blue squares on the corners allowing me to resize. The box down the bottom will also allow me to manually resize it by pixel (LxW), align it etc...

Capture.PNG

I swear you happily announced it...You can resize the image within the post. Note the blue squares on the corners allowing me to resize. The box down the bottom will also allow me to manually resize it by pixel (LxW), align it etc...

View attachment 623543
OK yeah - the editor add-on. Let me give that a go.

What is the issue? We need as much information as possible so we can help you.

I was trying to post a photo in the Michael Gibbons-Matthew Cottrell thread but, due to the photo size, it rejected the photo.

I'm no good with photo dimensions and pixelage so don't ask me about size and pixels please.

All I know is that it's roughly the same size as a typical school photo.

Basically, the bigger the pixels, the more likely it crashes.

And, just slightly off-topic, all photos take too long to load.

I was trying to post a photo in the Michael Gibbons-Matthew Cottrell thread but, due to the photo size, it rejected the photo.

I'm no good with photo dimensions and pixelage so don't ask me about size and pixels please.

All I know is that it's roughly the same size as a typical school photo.

Basically, the bigger the pixels, the more likely it crashes.

And, just slightly off-topic, all photos take too long to load.
It should accept anything up to 5MB as an attachment.

Will double check, but you should be able to upload images up to 10MB to the Media Gallery.

Sorry if this has already been raised but I really hate the fact that 'new post in watched thread' and 'new thread in watched forum' have been combined into the same box on the notification checklist.

I want a notification when a new thread is posted in a watched forum, but I don't want or need a notification when a new post is made in a watched thread. I do all my navigation of the site through 'watched threads' anyway, I don't need my notifications being clogged up telling me that there's a new post in a watched thread when I can see that on what's effectively my homepage anyway. But if I don't get notified when a new thread is posted in a watched forum, I don't see it unless I remember to actually open up the individual forums rather than just using the watched threads page. There's zero reason why you shouldn't be able to receive one of those notifications without the other, just as you could with the previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back