Delisted 20. Oscar Brownless (F/S) (2018-2019),(2020-2021)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Slow as treacle. Close to the slowest at the club.

I dont believe it ... I have not seen any combine stuff for sprints but I really doubt he is that bad. I presume you are talking 20M not 2 K

but for the sake of discussion ...lets say he is. Have you ever seen good players who were not that quick?

edit:
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.30.27 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.30.57 pm.png

Last edited:
Updated for Rookie Listing.

GO Catters

Is this a surprise to those who followed our VFL side closely?

From the outside it seemed as though Oscar had a reasonably solid first season at VFL level.
Wouldn't panic. He's just someone we can guarantee won't get picked up by another side

Oscar Brownless re drafted as a Rookie with pick 25 of the 2019 Rookie Draft.

As expected.

GO Catters

Which is weird. If he is guaranteed to not even be taken by other clubs as a rookie then why did we not select him as a rookie last year rather then give him a list spot?
Who else would you have drafted at pick 74 last year?

Which is weird. If he is guaranteed to not even be taken by other clubs as a rookie then why did we not select him as a rookie last year rather then give him a list spot?
May have been a chance of going elsewhere last year, and as we used our last pick on him it may have been done to stop another team grabbing him in one of the picks after our last selection was gone

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
May have been a chance of going elsewhere last year, and as we used our last pick on him it may have been done to stop another team grabbing him in one of the picks after our last selection was gone
Which suggests he has done something wrong over the past 12 months and his stocks has fallen in the eyes of other recruiters.

Which suggests he has done something wrong over the past 12 months and his stocks has fallen in the eyes of other recruiters.
Or it was one of the following scenarios:

- Oscar said no to other teams and that he was committed to the GFC, even if that meant a year on the rookie list

- Other recruiters respected Geelong's position, with their desire to re-list Oscar and decided to keep clear

It seems to be the done thing in the AFL that when a team publically commits to redrafting a player they have had to delist, that other teams don't step in & take said player - especially when both player & club are committed

Abbott was a bit of a different situation, as there was talk during the season that both parties were happy to look at options at seasons end - so not sure the club was totally upset by St Kilda picking him up at a DFA. Only thing is the club may have wanted better notice so they could look at alternative ruck options

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Or it was one of the following scenarios:

- Oscar said no to other teams and that he was committed to the GFC, even if that meant a year on the rookie list

- Other recruiters respected Geelong's position, with their desire to re-list Oscar and decided to keep clear

It seems to be the done thing in the AFL that when a team publically commits to redrafting a player they have had to delist, that other teams don't step in & take said player - especially when both player & club are committed

Abbott was a bit of a different situation, as there was talk during the season that both parties were happy to look at options at seasons end - so not sure the club was totally upset by St Kilda picking him up at a DFA. Only thing is the club may have wanted better notice so they could look at alternative ruck options

There’s been quite a few exceptions to this. I personally don’t see what Oscar adds to our list, we have about 20 blokes ahead of him for his role.

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
I actually really like Brownless and think he has something in him that the club sees and as a bonus he was willing to get off the main list sit through the draft and wait for us to call his name again just to help the club which Wells confirms on a video about the rookie draft.

Back