Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So was Crows , Eagles , Power and they all managed to get a flag without the amount of 1st round and 'extra' picks
You speak like the story is over when clearly it's not.
You also need to educate yourself on the entry conditions for those clubs. Maybe then it would be possible to explain what hapoened with the recent expansion, and why it had to be different.

You also need to educate yourself on the entry conditions for those clubs. Maybe then it would be possible to explain what hapoened with the recent expansion, and why it had to be different.

I have looked very closely at the 'Entry Conditions' of all these clubs and its just mind boggling just how much extra talent that GWS were given compared to the other teams. But for you a GWS supporter with absolutely nothing to show for it to come and start telling me who has seen 4 premierships and 6 in my life time about success

But im happy to listen to the entry conditions that were so terrible for the GWS and dont tell me about grounds and things like that talk to me about players and coaches and development

I have looked very closely at the 'Entry Conditions' of all these clubs and its just mind boggling just how much extra talent that GWS were given compared to the other teams. But for you a GWS supporter with absolutely nothing to show for it to come and start telling me who has seen 4 premierships and 6 in my life time about success

But im happy to listen to the entry conditions that were so terrible for the GWS and dont tell me about grounds and things like that talk to me about players and coaches and development
Your mind is clearly too easily boggled.

West Coast on entry were a much scarier proposition than we ever were. The Vic resentment was stronger as well.

There is significant Shadenfreude for me in conversing with people like you though. In every discussion the petty resentment is lurking beneath the surface.

It must be incredibly frustrating chewing on your liver and unable to let go in 2019 when the entry phase is over. Knowing there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Your mind is clearly too easily boggled.

West Coast on entry were a much scarier proposition than we ever were. The Vic resentment was stronger as well.

There is significant Shadenfreude for me in conversing with people like you though. In every discussion the petty resentment is lurking beneath the surface.

It must be incredibly frustrating chewing on your liver and unable to let go in 2019 when the entry phase is over. Knowing there's absolutely nothing you can do.
LOL so you resort to abuse rather than provide details ??

But lets not get into a s**t fight on this thread but i challenge you "if you have what it takes ' Show me what extra's these teams got that GWS were not given

Just out of curiosity though who did you support prior to GWS , Im thinking an ex north melbourne supporter

Curnow's little drink driving escapade at the time reduced his prospects anyway, but I think he wanted to be at Carlton with his brother so on a personal level I guess that worked out for him.

I remember at the time I wanted some combination of Francis, Curnow, Parish and Weideman from our two picks. Weideman and Curnow seemed to fit our needs best but then I saw a highlights package of Francis (I wasn't a very involved footy fan back then :p ) and was not at all unhappy when we landed him instead of the delinquent :D Still waiting for Weideman to turn into something and vindicate my early opinions but meh.

Francis and Weideman have shown about as much as each other. Poor first few years followed by great form at the end of 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Curnow
2. Oliver
3. Mills
4. Parish
5. Phillips
6. Rioli
7. Doedee
8. Sier
9. Weitering
10. Weideman

So right now you would seriously take Weitering or Parish over any of Hipwood (2x30+ goal seasons before 21), Dunkley (close to the most improved player in the comp back end of last year), Gresham (3rd in B+F & club leading goalkicker), Burton (2nd in rising star) or Hardwick (2nd Hawks B+F)?

Last edited:
So right now you would seriously take Weitering or Parish over any of Hipwood, Dunkley, Gresham, Burton or Hardwick?
Read the next post in the thread and yes I said Weitering would drop out right now.

I don't really like watching Essendon so maybe I've just watched his good games but would have Parish ahead of those other players.

I think a third year player whose best game was in a final, the 2017 PF is well ahead.
Both have done very little in their short careers and look like similar qualities going into 2019. There's hardly anything between them. I'd take Himmelberg at present but that could look like a dumb decision ten rounds into the season. You're only saying Himmelberg is far ahead because one's your boy and it's obvious.

Both have done very little in their short careers and look like similar qualities going into 2019. There's hardly anything between them. I'd take Himmelberg at present but that could look like a dumb decision ten rounds into the season. You're only saying Himmelberg is far ahead because one's your boy and it's obvious.
I see him more often it's true. He done more than very little though.

I see him more often it's true. He done more than very little though.
40 games. A couple of good ones mixed in (including finals but that doesn't separate him from Weideman) though he went goalless in 17 of them. Links up nicely and chooses good options around goals. They're two good prospects with little between them.

Just from the Carlton players

I'd have

Curnow
McKay
Weitering
Cuningham
JSOS

Harry McKay is coming in a big way this year and will considered top 5 of in this draft come years end

I also don't think Weitering will be considered top 10 in this draft , too slow and isn't that good a one on one defender. Might have been a case of a man vs boys in the TAC.

Just from the Carlton players

I'd have

Curnow
McKay
Weitering
Cuningham
JSOS

Harry McKay is coming in a big way this year and will considered top 5 of in this draft come years end

I also don't think Weitering will be considered top 10 in this draft , too slow and isn't that good a one on one defender. Might have been a case of a man vs boys in the TAC.

How can you be writing him off already. Jeez you're harsh. He is a KPP in his third/fourth year, and you expect him to light up the world.
Crazy how people expect things on such young players. Which key defender in their third year was good?

Did you ever take into account how bad our midfield was last year, so every other team could do pin-point passes into the forward line without our defence being able to do anything?

I think 2019/20 will tell us the truth about weitering. This year we have injuries, but not to our midfield so its time for him to show what he's got.

How can you be writing him off already. Jeez you're harsh. He is a KPP in his third/fourth year, and you expect him to light up the world.
Crazy how people expect things on such young players. Which key defender in their third year was good?

Did you ever take into account how bad our midfield was last year, so every other team could do pin-point passes into the forward line without our defence being able to do anything?

I think 2019/20 will tell us the truth about weitering. This year we have injuries, but not to our midfield so its time for him to show what he's got.

Why no outrage for making a positive projection on McKay at such an early stage?

Why no outrage for making a positive projection on McKay at such an early stage?

Because Mckay has shown glimpses, there is no need to make an outrage of that statement.

You might want to reply to what i actually said..

Because Mckay has shown glimpses, there is no need to make an outrage of that statement.

You might want to reply to what i actually said..

Seems like you are happy for good things to be said about Carlton players, but not bad things?

I hope Wietering becomes the best backman to have ever lived, but there are reasonable concerns about his ability to actually defend.

I'm sure Weitering will be fine, but to answer your question, David Neitz made AA as a defender in his third season at the age of 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back