Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listened to one of the more self gratuitous segments Ive ever heard with Wakely and Blight. Basically patting themselves on the back on the rule changes making coaches think more critically now and using personnel to stop opposition sides rather than systems. lol

Shrugging their shoulders at Brad Scotts comments that poor sides are going to cop some absolute beltings, stating that thrashings have been happening in our game forever - wasnt the catalyst for these changes the state of the game? seeing poor sides get belted by even more(and they will)cant be good for the state of the game
Crazy given they’ve had no sample size on the effects of their meddling. Blight you can forgive but not that delusional nerd Whateley.

Mark Allen said today that Gaze was "part of the Macquarie family", so he might have a gig there
Great great great news then.

I don’t listen to them, and that cements that.

I’m not stunned, but why oh why do radio stations (who ostensibly) want to be successful insist of giving roles to dreadful presenters, imbecile presenters, and presenters with dreadful voices?

Crazy given they’ve had no sample size on the effects of their meddling. Blight you can forgive but not that delusional nerd Whateley.
Blight has a voice that sounds good to listen to for prattling talk.
Whately has a whiney voice that hurts prattling talk.

Bob's song this morning was horrific. Surely the texts full of praise they read out afterwards were either made up or sent by SEN staff / Bob's family.

I had to turn Andy Maher off this arvo when he was interviewing that English rugby coach -- his ridiculous roundabout questioning style was even worse than usual.

Bob's song this morning was horrific. Surely the texts full of praise they read out afterwards were either made up or sent by SEN staff / Bob's family.

I had to turn Andy Maher off this arvo when he was interviewing that English rugby coach -- his ridiculous roundabout questioning style was even worse than usual.
lol poor old simpleton Andy Maher.

Was asking a simple question to a lady cricketer about if she bowls differently in a 20/20 game or 50 over game.

But the question was soooooooooo long went off on tangents.

Surely he knows he does this?

Glad I didn’t hear the horrific hipster dufus doing songs.

That's how bad the Rebels are , they could only put on their forward coach. Grant Thomas you have always sand will be always be a rat .

Decent show this morning.

Jack reiwoldt and darcy vescio promoting multicultural AFL. Fantastic to have them on. so well spoken and demonstrating the success of multiculturalism in Australia.

mccartin also well spoken. Only cliche he used was "training the house down". A few interesting tid bits
- when introduced he said morning tim, morning dad (@ lyon). :D
- talked at length about having diabetes. big thumbs up!
- said he was nervous about talking about it when he arrived as there were superstars at teh club. Who were these superstars?

Last edited:
Wayne Schwass promoting his ride to create awareness of mental health/suicide. Very very interesting tim asked whether players used mental health to escape punishment/criticism etc. Hmmmmm

Tasteless and ignorant. Though he may have been thinking about his mates Bomber and James the Hird.

Tasteless and ignorant. Though he may have been thinking about his mates Bomber and James the Hird.

I didn't hear the interview but I think that is an absolute valid question in the broader discussion.

Edit: May not have been appropriate for this specific interview, but in general I think it's worth asking.

I didn't hear the interview but I think that is an absolute valid question in the broader discussion.

Edit: May not have been appropriate for this specific interview, but in general I think it's worth asking.

Meh. I am a bit sensitive. Learnt today a very old friend is in hospital following a suicide attempt. Over decades she has suffered from bi-polar disorder and alcohol addiction. Life is complex.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maher and Wallace talking about Thomas again...so lazy and boring. Nobody is talking about it, or gives a toss other than SEN to whip up the talkback (I assume)

Saw Bob having a coffee in cafe mid-morning yesterday. I was surprised he wasn't in the corner with a mic and guitar entertaining the crowd. He probably wouldn't have stood out if it hadn't been for the bright yellow truckers hat he was wearing.

Maher and Wallace talking about Thomas again...so lazy and boring. Nobody is talking about it, or gives a toss other than SEN to whip up the talkback (I assume)

Saw Bob having a coffee in cafe mid-morning yesterday. I was surprised he wasn't in the corner with a mic and guitar entertaining the crowd. He probably wouldn't have stood out if it hadn't been for the bright yellow truckers hat he was wearing.
Good Bobservation there.

Meh. I am a bit sensitive. Learnt today a very old friend is in hospital following a suicide attempt. Over decades she has suffered from bi-polar disorder and alcohol addiction. Life is complex.

I'm sorry to hear. I'm no stranger to it all too. However I'm definitely more cynical, as I view the use of mental health as a means of escaping punishment for other indiscretions as absolutely disgraceful. Not that I have evidence or first-hand account of anything, but it's hard not to think where there's smoke there's fire when you hear some ex-players and coaches and media people say that it does go on. The general punter like us will never know the truth.

Fair play to the bloke I guess, I called a few months for him to change it up a bit, and by walking around with a guitar on his back now, he ensures for a few weeks his segments aren't so Bobvious.

Maybe he is pivoting from being the next Richo hipster, to more of a Greg Champion persona?
Extra likes if I could for “Bobvious”.
Love it.

I agree. With greater awareness comes increased cynicism. What they said in the morning was that it takes away from the genuine sufferers.

very sorry to hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back