Society & Culture Farmers

Remove this Banner Ad

Tamara Smith, Ballina (NSW)
Diane Evers, South West (WA)
Robin Chapple, Mining and Pastoral (WA)
That’s interesting. I don’t follow politics closely but I always assumed that the only seats the greens would ever have a chance of winning would be in the middle of the city somewhere. The way the greens treat the country people is terrible.

That’s interesting. I don’t follow politics closely but I always assumed that the only seats the greens would ever have a chance of winning would be in the middle of the city somewhere. The way the greens treat the country people is terrible.

How do they treat country people terribly?

I wonder how many Bigfooty members work in agriculture, of any description?

I do, and the OP is a f***wit.
Perhaps he should take an embargo on any wage increase at his work, (probably a hipster cafe), for 20 years like Dairy farmers have been forced to due to the duopoly of Coles and Woolworths.
Bomberboyokay might want to do a bit of demographical research on at least two of those claimed agricultural Green seats before commenting further as well.

Last edited:
I know this doesn't make much logical sense in enforcement, but I'd like to think that traditional everyday items in the form of bread and milk got some special treatment compared to the typical import/export item. Whilst their necessity is arguable (you can easily enough live your life without them in your diet), I think these are examples of food where consumers might be willing to pay a few more cents to aid local producers.

Romantic protectionist drivel, probably tiding over from my christian early childhood (father was a pastor then), but part of me would like to think that the concept of bread and milk was still symbolically valued, ripped out of the ground and a reasonably sustainable and protected business. Favouring certain things over others isn't the way to go, but I am fine with Woolworths (& Coles) raising milk by several cents to "help the farmers". One litre lasts me 7-10 days, so no skin off my back.

My hometown, as well as my father's hometown in another state, was in rich dairy farming country with dairy factories around the place, it is in the blood a little, so I might have sentimental attachment to the dairy farming industry. My grandfather drove dairy trucks for much of his career, some earlier relations had a cheese factory in the late 1800s. I was friends with milkmen and dairy farmer families, had school excursions out to them, etc.

farmers should stop whining and take a leaf from someone like Don Meij's book. I hear he started as a delivery boy yet is now worth billions as the Domino's Australia CEO. Shows that success can come to anyone if you're willing to work hard enuff!

Greens treat country people terribly?!

What complete nonsense.

They might get their nose out of joint about large farming operations that have a negative effect on the local community and environment, fair enough too, but they are the only mob around these parts that give a s**t about the livelihood's of locals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

farmers should stop whining and take a leaf from someone like Don Meij's book. I hear he started as a delivery boy yet is now worth billions as the Domino's Australia CEO. Shows that success can come to anyone if you're willing to work hard enuff!

Or just be born in to a farming family and just sit on millions of dollars of land and assets to do with what you please.

The only thing the Nationals serve to do is be the middle men between the top ends of towns, connecting big city business to big agriculture, and make it as easy and profitable as possible.

Greens treat country people terribly?!

What complete nonsense.

They might get their nose out of joint about large farming operations that have a negative effect on the local community and environment, fair enough too, but they are the only mob around these parts that give a s**t about the livelihood's of locals.

How do the greens care about the livelihood of country people?
Is it by helping to lock up the bush as national parks?
Is it by forcing hundreds of people out of work in the coal industry?
Or is it by forcing hundreds of people out of work in the timber industry?

We can easily start reducing our pesticide and fertiliser usage by getting rid of all those pig foods like cauliflower, cabbage, eggplant, brussel sprouts and cucumber. Especially stinking farrkin cucumber.

Imagine how peaceful the world's population would be if we could all enjoy a Tomahawk Ribeye, Wagyu Tenderloin or some BBQ ribs for brekky lunch and tea.

Say no to Veg.

You're right.

The land only exists to be pillaged. Heaven forbid anyone from having outdoor related hobbies and culture. They are also the only lot who are genuine about aboriginal welfare, not just the kind that is convenient and can be solved with money.

Timber industry has been rape and pillage for too long ,it needed a secondary value added component to survive
Sustainability would be a good start.
Furniture or bee keeping or plantations or eco tourism or a combination of the lot
Wood chipping old growth can GAGF

Re the Greens
Lock the gate
Is it helpful to ignore climate change for a person whos livelihood depends on it?

Greens put people out of work in some industries.

The Coalition do it in other industries.

Did you get your nose out of joint when the big two government parties killed local manufacturing?

Noice piss take.
If not, I'm bloody sure we work harder than most. In all conditions.

Why are we – the consumer – paying extra for their issues while the company who sells the milk isn't helping them?

Yet, is being applauded for helping them?

That's because we - the consumer - are lazy and stupid.

Coles/Woolies $1/L milk war has really hurt the dairy industry. They're not the whole problem, the processors are the intermediary that stiff the farmers but for all the "$1/L milk is killing us, this is not sustainable" airtime people kept buying cheap milk from Coles and Woolies. Just like they complain that their apples are s**t because they've been in cold storage for 6 months then buy them for $7/kg anyway.

Did you get your nose out of joint when the big two government parties killed local manufacturing?
In the car industry case you can blame the workers themselves. Have no sympathy for them at all.

In the case of farmers, if you want your food Australian made then you're going to have to take the good with the bad. Can be a bit bewildering to see a guy with a new Benz key in one hand and the other hand is outstretched asking for a handout.

Farmers are a bunch of sooks.

I trade cryptocurrency and vlog on my YouTube channel. I'm also in the process of starting up my own eBay store. Because of this I'm 1/4 of the way to making my first million dollars. If you're complaining about being poor, then it's probably because you're a loser. As my idol Gordon Gekko says: "get rich, or die trying".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back