Delisted Cedric Cox (2016-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Reviews
#20 Cedric Cox

Excitement machine Cedric Cox burst onto the scene in 2017 after coming to the Lions with pick 24 in the 2016 draft.

Possessing silky smooth skills and a wonderful turn of speed, Cox quickly forced his way into the Lions Senior side, making his AFL debut in Round 4 against the Tigers.

Cox’s best match of the season was in Round 18 against the Blues when he collected 18 touches and kicked his first ever AFL goal, which won the fan moment of the year award at the Lions Club Champion.

Cox finished the year as a NEAFL premiership player and also extended his contract with the Lions until the end of 2020.

Senior matches: 8, NEAFL matches: 13
CoxWebReview17.jpg

I don't think I've seen a Lions player glide across the oval as Cedric does in a long time.

He is absolute silk and I can't wait until he gets a prolonged run in the seniors.

CC mkII will quickly become a crowd favourite.

Player Reviews: Nick Robertson, Jacob Allison, Cedric Cox and Josh Walker
#20 - Cedric Cox
With Fagan and General Manager of Football David Noble open in their desires for a running defender, exciting speedster Cedric Cox has all the attributes to play a big role in the Lions' future. Cox has excellent skills and pace. In his second season at the Lions, he played four Senior matches and 14 NEAFL matches.

His best Senior match of the year was against Melbourne in Round 2 when he collected 15 disposals and kicked a goal. In the NEAFL he averaged 20 disposals a game. If he can string together a consistent pre-season and continue his development, Cox should be a great chance of playing regular Senior footy in 2019.

Senior matches: 4, NEAFL matches: 14

Pre-season in a nutshell
Keep an eye on Cox
Last pre-season it was Hugh McCluggage turning heads and this time it's fellow 2016 draftee Cedric Cox. The third-year utility has struggled for a regular senior spot in his two seasons but hit the ground running this pre-season, noticeably fitter, faster and stronger. Brisbane is begging for a running defender to add to its mix and the highly skilled West Australian has done everything possible so far to impress the coaching staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is young Cedric at? Any chance of cracking a seniors game this year or is he getting further back in the line?
Will be tough for any guy not in the 22 at the moment to get in whilst we're winning.

IMO, he'll get his chance at some point this year though; up to him to take it with both hands.

Will be tough for any guy not in the 22 at the moment to get in whilst we're winning.

IMO, he'll get his chance at some point this year though; up to him to take it with both hands.
Thanks Dylan12. Always appreciate your updates.

Hopefully he is putting in the hard yards on the training track/NEAFL so that if/when he gets picked, he is primed ready to go.

Cheers,
golions

How is Cedric going?
Is he injured or just can't break into the team?
“Family commitments” according to the club. Not much else around about his situation, which I think is an indication of the club’s professional approach. Give the kid some space and I am sure issues will be resolved. What ever they may be.

The unseen: Who is yet to play senior footy at your club in 2019?
Cedric Cox: Now in his third season, the dashing half-back has stagnated. Had some personal issues that disrupted his year and slipped down the pecking order. Still another year on his contract.

Who might play in 2019? With a reliable squad of 28-30 players to choose from, injury is the only avenue for any of the above to get a call-up. Lyons, Skinner and Berry are the most likely candidates if injury should strike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back